• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Runs very well. I have it on 1080p res with most settings on medium/high and get a very consistent framerate. God tier optimization.

As for the cars, there are a ton of aesthetic and functional upgrades. I'm mainly addicted to unlocking them and seeing my car transform. So satisfying. And the car combat itself is super fun.
Oh hell yeah, this all sounds fantastic. Can't wait!

Pau

Me too. It is also the only thing I am good with even though I worked with Lua for a year.

I don't mind the whitespace too much. It was just very frustrating that it would not work on my machine.

Python to C++ is quite a gap. Although not as bad as going from Flash Actionscript in our programming classes on school to C++. That didn't go so well. I like C++, and I'll probably have to learn it more in the future, but for now it's pretty much exclusive C#.
My school teaches C++ in all the major classes, but for some reason the minor-only classes are in Python. I'd get it if those taking it as a minor only had classes in Python, but we have to take at least three C++ classes anyways.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Good morning. My throat is still sore and it hurts even more, so I will probably go to the doctor tomorrow.

AcridMeat

Banned
Overwatch unlock fun.
J2mTatJ.jpg
Fancy new sniper skin

and the best spray in the game!

Jobbs

Banned
Why did everyone hate Fantastic Four so much? I haven't seen it but the trailer looked okay.

It's by the guy who did Chronicle, and that was pretty great. How bad could it be?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Jobbs has been reborn because I forgot about the horrific clipping issues dwarves have.

s1xwbVG.png

Granadier

I tried to play Horde. I really did.
Their shit-tier....everything got so tiresome though.

Pau

Finished the documentation pdf. Now I just have to write the project report! And I have a probability theory final tomorrow.

fml

FloatOn

I watched Fury Road when I first got sick last year. I was hopped up on all kinds of pain meds when I watched it so I don't have to tell you that for me, it was kind of an actual religious experience

Jobbs

Banned
Finished the documentation pdf. Now I just have to write the project report! And I have a probability theory final tomorrow.

fml

you got this :D

the human models have always been a huge step below everything else. They look stupid (especially the men) and their movements look stiff as a board. It's fucking bizarre. By comparison, most other races had much more natural motions

I haven't played in years but it's interesting to see the humans still look as stupid as ever

I tried to play Horde. I really did.
Their shit-tier....everything got so tiresome though.

eh? horde is the shit

Granadier

I hate the entire art style tbf

Ahh, fair enough. It's one of my favorites personally.

eh? horde is the shit

Maybe if they went with an aesthetic outside of the orc huts. But everything has to be huts now on the Horde. It's so uninspired.
Plus the majority of horde races would fit perfectly in the Hunchback of Notre Dame
edit: maybe I'm just attached to the alliance because it was my first choice way back when.

Jobbs

Banned
I watched Fury Road when I first got sick last year. I was hopped up on all kinds of pain meds when I watched it so I don't have to tell you that for me, it was kind of an actual religious experience

Pain meds are *the shit*. I had my gallbladder removed last summer and they had me on opioids constantly for the night/day following the surgery and then I went home with more. Out of the several nurses who handled me during my stay most of them were really cute, too. Was the best organ removal experience yet

Misha

Banned
Ahh, fair enough. It's one of my favorites personally.

Maybe if they went with an aesthetic outside of the orc huts. But everything has to be huts now on the Horde. It's so uninspired.
Plus the majority of horde races would fit perfectly in the Hunchback of Notre Dame
edit: maybe I'm just attached to the alliance because it was my first choice way back when.

Now heres an opinion you probably don't hear often: I hated Warcraft 3 when it came out cause it was already taking a turn in that direction

Granadier

Now heres an opinion you probably don't hear often: I hated Warcraft 3 when it came out cause it was already taking a turn in that direction

Eh. I think Warcraft has always had it's own visual identity. Whether that is good or not is all up to opinion.
I just think they went overboard recently in focusing on one racial aesthetic. Humans and Orc for each faction.

Misha

Banned
Eh. I think Warcraft has always had it's own visual identity. Whether that is good or not is all up to opinion.

It definitely was fairly consistent in retrospect but the blurry graphics in 1 and 2 sorta made you fill in the blanks in your head. Its like when you get a movie from a book and the characters look nothing like what was expected

Also I disliked the more factions and how they handled the heroes.

Granadier

It definitely was fairly consistent in retrospect but the blurry graphics in 1 and 2 sorta made you fill in the blanks in your head. Its like when you get a movie from a book and the characters look nothing like what was expected

Also I disliked the more factions and how they handled the heroes.

Ahh, ok. Conversely I loved them all. I'm a low-key Warcraft nerd.

Chuckie

I dont think I've heard anyone else like the first two but dislike the third.

And of course it didn't matter much in the end since there was still starcraft.

I loved Warcraft 2 & 3 (never played 1) and Starcraft!

Will there ever be a Warcraft 4 or will they only do those huge World of stuff?

Granadier

My guess is that project Titan convinced Blizzard to stay with WoW and focus efforts outside of WoW on single player/smaller multiplayer ventures. i.e. Warcraft 4

Jobbs

Banned
Wait, does Jobbs know the dudes behind Death's Gambit?

I plan to be at pax prime, I didn't solve the code demon but I successfully worked around it, (apparently..) and I don't "know" the guys but I could talk to them if I wanted and I have access to their game because I have access to every adult swim published game released or otherwise

(that said I don't generally play the unreleased games of other devs unless they ask me to, because I don't want to really mess with something that may be broken or not ready)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom