• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pau

Oh right, I'm super ignorant when it comes to Python.
Your code looks really good. The comments give just enough information for the reader to know what's going on. My only critique would be to space out the comments that are within your `def` blocks. Right now they get lost visually.
Thank you! Yeah, I think I didn't quite notice since in my text editor it's color coded, but when it's a lot harder to read.

This class should be worth way more than one credit.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thank you! Yeah, I think I didn't quite notice since in my text editor it's color coded, but when it's a lot harder to read.

This class should be worth way more than one credit.

One credit for that work!? That's robbery.

Jobbs ethering internet trolls.

Yo no lie I'm perched for the Steam summer sale so I can pick that up. How does it run on your old card? And how's the car customization?

Runs very well. I have it on 1080p res with most settings on medium/high and get a very consistent framerate. God tier optimization.

As for the cars, there are a ton of aesthetic and functional upgrades. I'm mainly addicted to unlocking them and seeing my car transform. So satisfying. And the car combat itself is super fun.

Turin

Banned
So was Fury Road.

True enough but I'm not sure the movie was quite as interested in it's societal commentary. Even George Miller said he was surprised the feminist element got so much attention. I don't want to downplay it though. I'm glad it's there.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I
cant
fucking
breathe
13233062_10157003449765790_4965325207840627236_n.jpg

Granadier

zeemumu has come to kick Jobbs' ass

edit: can you even see yourself though? My character is drunk as fuck.

Jobbs

Banned
So the dude who made District 9 is making an Alien movie? And they're ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection and not considering them canon?

That sounds like heaven

So the dude who made District 9 is making an Alien movie? And they're ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection and not considering them canon?

That sounds like heaven

Blomkamp Alien got cancelled I believe. Ridley is doing one instead.

P.S. he's also the dude who made Elysium (lol) and Chappie (lol).

Granadier

Elysium was terrible. Smh.

I probably didn't do myself any favors by choosing to make a program that was more complicated than necessary, but still. :mad:

Here are some screenshots if y'all are interested in what all that nonsense is supposed to look like.

I like it. Looks nice.

The only one-credit class I took was some communication for CS thing. I only showed up two or three times and got full credit. Requiring any major work for one credit is criminal, haha.

Pau

I really like robot as people movies but I can't fucking stand Sharlto Copley.
I like it. Looks nice.

The only one-credit class I took was some communication for CS thing. I only showed up two or three times and got full credit. Requiring any major work for one credit is criminal, haha.
Thank you!

And damn, I wish that was the level of effort I could have put into this. :p I do think I learned a lot and I'm proud of my program. Just right now it's taking time from studying for my other finals and those have a lot more weight on my GPA.

Granadier

Good luck with the rest of your finals Pau!

---

Thanks for "crashing" the stream zee!

zeemumu

Java game? :O That sounds much tougher than this.

There's a few other mini program files for manipulating the data but they're all less than ten lines.

I feel like I'm pretty much done with the draft of my documentation. I just have to make it pretty now.

I wouldn't know because I'm not that well versed in Python. The first and only Python Program that i made was a rock paper scissors game.

And no problem, Gran

Jobbs

Banned
Blomkamp Alien got cancelled I believe. Ridley is doing one instead.

P.S. he's also the dude who made Elysium (lol) and Chappie (lol).

Do you mean Prometheus 2, or something else altogether?

I never saw Elysium but I didn't hate Chappie as much as most people did. I feel like it was teetering on the edge of being really good but failed to gel (+ some annoying shit in it).

It gets extra credit for being a movie about a robot where the robot doesn't look like obvious CG

I started making a text adventure in Python but got bored since it was just something I was doing on the side of my desk to learn the basics of the language. Really basic stuff, text file controlled the map (which was a list of names and adjacencies to other names in that file to control the structure), another was the list of events that happened and the conditions, etc.

They're great to make because they're simple enough to keep it all in your head and design the technical structure on a lazy afternoon.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Witcher 3 has a character named Dudu. huehuehueheue

Pau

I started making a text adventure in Python but got bored since it was just something I was doing on the side of my desk to learn the basics of the language. Really basic stuff, text file controlled the map (which was a list of names and adjacencies to other names in that file to control the structure), another was the list of events that happened and the conditions, etc.

They're great to make because they're simple enough to keep it all in your head and design the technical structure on a lazy afternoon.
Did you use a graphic interface at all?

Because fuck Tkinter.

I got pissed at Python after my Visual Studio wasn't playing nice with the tabs in some code file from a game engine and it would not run.

I seriously had to copy and paste whitespace from a previous line anytime I wanted to add something. It was maddening, still don't know what caused it.

And I did convert all my tabs to spaces if somebody asks.

The language is cool though.

Did you use a graphic interface at all?

Because fuck Tkinter.

Nope, pure command line. Feels more authentic that way!

When I was at uni, I did a class called "Games Fundamentals" and the big project for that class was to make a basic game using Action Script 3. I managed to use that to bolt together (using editable text boxes) a command prompt interface and a rigidly scripted text adventure. It had no file read/write and no save games, so it was super primitive and editing new content into it was a nightmare of conditional statements, but it looked quite good for what it was, blinking green command line, command queue that you could cycle through by pressing up and down arrows, etc.

Pau

I got pissed at Python after my Visual Studio wasn't playing nice with the tabs in some code file from a game engine and it would not run.

I seriously had to copy and paste whitespace from a previous line anytime I wanted to add something. It was maddening, still don't know what caused it.

And I did convert all my tabs to spaces if somebody asks.

The language is cool though.
Yeah, some of the other students were complaining about that.

I didn't really have a problem with it. But I do think C++ makes more sense to me overall.

I only use C# in visual studio because of Unity

Me too. It is also the only thing I am good with even though I worked with Lua for a year.

Yeah, some of the other students were complaining about that.

I didn't really have a problem with it. But I do think C++ makes more sense to me overall.

I don't mind the whitespace too much. It was just very frustrating that it would not work on my machine.

Python to C++ is quite a gap. Although not as bad as going from Flash Actionscript in our programming classes on school to C++. That didn't go so well. I like C++, and I'll probably have to learn it more in the future, but for now it's pretty much exclusive C#.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom