• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I've accepted that I live in an organic prison that functions as a disgusting machine so I don't give a fuck what I eat as long as it doesn't make me fat really

Jobbs

Banned
::prepares faux-leather belt for all the ignorance::

This is a great look. :D

No I know you aren't and I'm sorry if I made it seem I was accusing you of it, but I just want to remind you that people can still feel true and righteous indignation over individual atrocities against animals but feel numb or ignore all together the mass atrocities of our meat industry.

You didn't make it seem that way, haha, I was just continuing my momentum from before

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
::prepares faux-leather belt for all the ignorance::
img_1206boqd0.jpg
20/10, Would stop eating meat to eat this <3

zeemumu

It's irrelevant to the topic, but if there are things I can do to minimize my contribution to child labor then I will do them

You'd probably have to do a lot of research on every product that you buy and trace them back to their sources.

Misha

Banned
You'd probably have to do a lot of research on every product that you buy and trace them back to their sources.
I've been wanting to make a program that tracks different moral issues. Like say for chick fil a it mentioning the LGBT issues and nestle with pretty much everything. And cover owners and such.

Probably wouldn't be much left at the end

zeemumu

I've been wanting to make a program that tracks different moral issues. Like say for chick fil a it mentioning the LGBT issues and nestle with pretty much everything. And cover owners and such.

Probably wouldn't be much left at the end

You'd probably go insane and not eat or use anything that you didn't make yourself, or talk to anyone that you haven't known since they were born.

I'm still in severe amounts of pain but I have class in 2 hours.

FloatOn

You'd probably go insane and not eat or use anything that you didn't make yourself, or talk to anyone that you haven't known since they were born.

exactly. the only way to live a truly ethical life is to live off the grid in the woods somewhere but since we are slaves to our comfort this will never happen.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Eh. I don't have any compassion for animals. They are things, property.

I believe that animals like cats and dogs and ducks are conscious beings with feelings and emotions and we should protect them from suffering.

Through forced extermination.

Misha

Banned
That's only assuming you completely refuse to use anything that has any problems. It's more about just knowing what does into it and if it's bad enough (nestle) then it's something you'd do your best to never touch.

Edit lol I think I misread the tone there.

marrec

Banned
exactly. the only way to live a truly ethical life is to live off the grid in the woods somewhere but since we are slaves to our comfort this will never happen.

That's not how ethics works :(

But I don't wanna talk about ethics no more, I wanna talk to my tinder match about Townes Van Zandt

Jobbs

Banned

This is such a shit argument for participating in bad behavior that can easily be avoided but it's already been shot full of holes multiple times so I guess I'll just give up

FloatOn

That's not how ethics works :(

I think we all agree that to some degree since we participate in capitalism we in some form or fashion are causing suffering to someone somewhere.

the only way to negate this completely is to not participate in the system.

zeemumu

Eh, that shouldn't stop us from trying.

That's only assuming you completely refuse to use anything that has any problems. It's more about just knowing what does into it and if it's bad enough (nestle) then it's something you'd do your best to never touch.

But that's a good point. Not worth doing anything good because it doesn't remove all the other bad things.

That's not the point I'm trying to make. It's still completely worth it to do good. The world's insane but it's fine if you want to make it less insane.

Misha

Banned
That's not the point I'm trying to make. It's still completely worth it to do good. The world's insane but it's fine if you want to make it less insane.
See my new edit :p

I took it wrong and didn't realize you were going off the last thing I said about how there wouldn't be anything left

FloatOn

Eh, that shouldn't stop us from trying.

who said anything about not trying?

of course we can try and we should but it still doesn't diminish that in one way or another we are causing harm.

it's just interesting how we cherry-pick the issues we are passionate about

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I think we all agree that to some degree since we participate in capitalism we in some form or fashion are causing suffering to someone somewhere.

the only way to negate this completely is to not participate in the system.

The only way to live ethically is to join the organ donor registry then kill yourself. Or to genetic engineer crops that are immune to frost and blight that grow faster and provide more sustenance. Then after you've done that you have to join the organ donor registry and kill yourself.

Misha

Banned
Ah okay. I was wondering if my post came off the wrong way.
It makes complete sense. Without context though it sounds like it is using that as an argument rather than observation but that's my fault for completely ignoring something I said

marrec

Banned
So I've just decided that I'll have a few exchanged with someone via Tinder and then ask if they wanna meet for coffee. No need to trade quips back and forth when we can do that while getting caffeinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom