• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
A 6 year old is going to play Adventures of Link?

That's for me. She got Mario and Steven Universe.

(I imagined but still. ;-;

Has she played the previous Paper Mario games?
She has played Sticker Star. Unfortunately my collection is full of Jrpgs, shmaps and fighters, so like not a lot she took interest in. But she loves Mario and weird random games like Rocket Knight and Dynamite Heady. So like I am trying to expand my collection.

marrec

Banned
You beat Zelda II at age six? Without help? Huh?

Zelda II is a ridiculous game

I don't even remember it being THAT hard. Just the aforementioned Shadow Link and last dungeon.

I haven't replayed it since grade school though, probably couldn't beat it now

Ceallach

You beat Zelda II at age six? Without help? Huh?

Zelda II is a ridiculous game
I beat it young, 89 I was like 4/5, but I had the power
447_900.jpg

zeemumu

I played majoras mask at around that age with no strategy guide. I didn't get far.

Went back and finished it some time later.

Jobbs

Banned
And you did that at age 4 or 5? come on.

Speaking of kids, my nieces are coming over this weekend and we're doing the birthday thing (even though her birthday was yesterday, they couldn't come over)

bought ice cream and cake mix to make cupcakes. gift wrapping.

Misha

Banned
When i was that age i never played games with goals. would just goof around doing whatever.

tbf i still kinda do that but at least i try to get objectives done

zeemumu

A majority of my library was made up of demo discs from magazines and games that I rented. The rest was Gameboy color (ironically stolen by a kid named Mario) N64, and PS1. PS1 game completion required commitment because I didn't have a memory card and didn't want to leave it on overnight.

The guy in a Crash Bandicoot costume and folding stuffed crust pizza will be forever ingrained in my mind because of those demo discs.

I didn't start beating games regularly until I was in my teens. The only ones I remember finishing in early childhood were Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3, and the first Spyro. We had a pretty large library I guess, so playing more for the sake of having something new to do wasn't that important. Meanwhile I taught myself how to program at eleven. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hahaha you'll be fine.

also I need to thank you again for the blueberry scone recommendation. Everybody here loves it.

Ceallach

And you did that at age 4 or 5? come on.

Speaking of kids, my nieces are coming over this weekend and we're doing the birthday thing (even though her birthday was yesterday, they couldn't come over)

bought ice cream and cake mix to make cupcakes. gift wrapping.
So like, it's time to get sad. I was left at home alone all the time, my mom worked 2 jobs and my sisters are both way older and way younger than me, so I basically lived on my NES. It was Spaghetti Os and Nintendo. And I didn't have a ton of games or cable or anything so I just played the games I had over and over again.

zeemumu

I didn't start beating games regularly until I was in my teens. The only ones I remember finishing in early childhood were Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3, and the first Spyro. We had a pretty large library I guess, so playing more for the sake of having something new to do wasn't that important. Meanwhile I taught myself how to program at eleven. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

hahaha you'll be fine.

also I need to thank you again for the blueberry scone recommendation. Everybody here loves it.

I remember that at the end of each game the boss would mock you if you only got the main collectible.

"You still haven't collected all my time relics!"

"Screw you, I've been playing for so many hours! Keep your damn relics, Oxide!"

Jobbs

Banned
I didn't start beating games regularly until I was in my teens. The only ones I remember finishing in early childhood were Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3, and the first Spyro. We had a pretty large library I guess, so playing more for the sake of having something new to do wasn't that important. Meanwhile I taught myself how to program at eleven. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hahaha you'll be fine.

what were you programming at 11? when I was in grade school I fiddled around with qbasic but I never went very far with things

So like, it's time to get sad. I was left at home alone all the time, my mom worked 2 jobs and my sisters are both way older and way younger than me, so I basically lived on my NES. It was Spaghetti Os and Nintendo. And I didn't have a ton of games or cable or anything so I just played the games I had over and over again.

:(

beating zelda 2 at age 4 still sounds pretty amazing though :p my nieces grew up around video games from the very start and at that age it was hard enough to play spyro

I remember that at the end of each game the boss would mock you if you only got the main collectible.

"You still haven't collected all my time relics!"

"Screw you, I've been playing for so many hours! Keep your damn relics, Oxide!"

oh, yeah, I never earnestly tried to get any of the time relics. I liked finding the hidden gems though. I always missed a couple though. And in CTR I could never do the battlefield crystal courses fast enough.

what were you programming at 11? when I was in grade school I fiddled around with qbasic but I never went very far with things

HTML, ActionScript. Website/webgame type stuff.

Jobbs

Banned
HTML, ActionScript. Website/webgame type stuff.

that's awesome. I've always wished I was the type of person with a natural ability for this stuff, but I'm just not

Incidentally while in the bathtub I had an idea for a new way of approaching making enemy behavior in a more compartmentalized and comprehensible way within stencyl, and I'm interested to try it. Right now the way I'm doing things is just too much of a mess and it's adding limits to what I can really do before it gets too insanely convoluted internally

I think that means i'm out of luck with looking for a fakegaf girl. dragonz has her gf, pau and kark, you and trab, lucian and conspiracy guy

if Clyde meets someone on Okcupid and doesn't marry me I'll exclusively be back with Ceallach and you at the grape party <3

If I told a girl she was my backup plan it'd go over incredibly poorly
it's not a backup plan, I'd do it anyway but marriage requires monogamous commitment!
I may have watched too much Say Yes to the Dress again, who knows....
you're just jelly cause you're not allowed in the land of grapes!

Jobbs

Banned
it's not a backup plan, I'd do it anyway but marriage requires monogamous commitment!

Too emo for grape parties man

Busy writing songs about pain!

Zelda 2 sucks!
no I suck, I'm rly bad at it

Actually I'm on the "Zelda 2 was a half baked and not very good game" wagon. Some ideas were good but it was underrealized.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Zelda 2 sucks!
no I suck, I'm rly bad at it

Misha

Banned
if Clyde meets someone on Okcupid and doesn't marry me I'll exclusively be back with Ceallach and you at the grape party <3
I've had two straight days in a row with grapes at lunch. way ahead of you

also apparently i didn't even consider whether lilith could be single.

I've probably watched 5 days worth of say yes to the dress(and its variants) tbh

do you guys think Clyde's more of a fit and flare dress or ball gown type? I personally think he would look great in both<3

I've had two straight days in a row with grapes at lunch. way ahead of you

also apparently i didn't even consider whether lilith could be single.

I've probably watched 5 days worth of say yes to the dress(and its variants) tbh

YESS SIS HIGH-FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom