• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1234

Man those sites shouldn't even let you contact other people without a picture. If someone's not comfortable showing you what they look like, what're the odds they're comfortable meeting up and/or being seen with you? I must be missing something obvious.

I immediately discard all messages without a picture. It could be people just not wanting others to make a first impression based only on a picture. And I can understand that. Not everyone is photogenic. But I need something to work with here.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Faced with the consequences of his terrible decision, Pikachu looks upon a ruined world as he laments the death of all of his friends.

tumblr_n7rfu7jLxG1r8sc3ro2_r1_500.gif

Coming this summer

The Great Pokemon War

A prequel starring Lt. Surge's Raichu

See how it all happened

FloatOn

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

0/10 argument would not read again

Jesse Eisenbergs Lex was a lazy spin on the pseudo-intellectual babble found in the social network. Just because you can ramble on about mythology doesn't mean you are a worthy villain to someone as far into their game as batman or superman.

The Lex I wanted was a mastermind, not a wimpy eccentric.

But it's neither here nor there as all it is is a silly little popcorn film.

The Lex thing was just the primary problem, and there were others. I did like batfleck though, and look forward to the solo film.

I immediately discard all messages without a picture. It could be people just not wanting others to make a first impression based only on a picture. And I can understand that. Not everyone is photogenic. But I need something to work with here.

That's not fair though. They can see you, and they're probably not browsing profiles of people they can't see.

I've never used online dating, but I have been approached on GAF and elsewhere by guys who want us to get to know each other, and they almost never send a picture of themselves. And I can't help but feel like, regardless of my personality, I wouldn't have been approached in the first place if those guys hadn't seen a picture of me (or several of them, more likely).

It's just hypocritical in my opinion.

This positive attitude thing is hard

What happened? :(

Xiao Hu

Aaaarg, my cute Japanese female friend is about to break up with her boyfriend and I'm getting interested in her. One fucking month before I leave Asia.... :mad:

jb1234

That's not fair though. They can see you, and they're probably not browsing profiles of people they can't see.

I've never used online dating, but I have been approached on GAF and elsewhere by guys who want us to get to know each other, and they almost never send a picture of themselves. And I can't help but feel like, regardless of my personality, I wouldn't have been approached in the first place if those guys hadn't seen a picture of me (or several of them, more likely).

Yeah, that's a very good point.

zeemumu

What happened? :(

Nothing really. Im trying to sleep but negative thoughts are keeping me awake. Summer's my low point so it's pretty easy for me to slip into a low mood around this time, especially when there aren't any people around. So it's a lot of me being somewhat upset over this conundrum. I feel like I landed myself in my current stagnant-ass life just by being shitty over the past few years. It's a bit of not having my priorities in order, being indecisive, putting more effort into others lives than I did my own, depression, etc. So essentially it's my own damn fault, which is fine because I'm more than willing to try and fix it. That's what you're supposed to do, right? Fix your mistakes instead of dwelling on them. But nothing is really coming together well because of a perfect storm of bad coincidences, amd the things that are coming together are time sensitive so I have to wait them out. It's frustrating, and for the time being I don't really have anywhere to vent aside from this.

Sorry about the rant.

Jobbs

Banned

wow

that strikes me as very socially inept

shocking coming from neogaf

Aaaarg, my cute Japanese female friend is about to break up with her boyfriend and I'm getting interested in her. One fucking month before I leave Asia.... :mad:

What could you have done in a few months that you can't do in one month?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Man those sites shouldn't even let you contact other people without a picture. If someone's not comfortable showing you what they look like, what're the odds they're comfortable meeting up and/or being seen with you? I must be missing something obvious.

They should have prisons specifically for ugly people too

FUME5

I'm not saying this only to be mean but reading Neogaf there seems to be a preponderance of young men who seem to have never spoken to a woman and in many cases regard them as an other in some way

Replace spoken to with 'interacted with romantically'.

Nothing really. Im trying to sleep but negative thoughts are keeping me awake. Summer's my low point so it's pretty easy for me to slip into a low mood around this time, especially when there aren't any people around. So it's a lot of me being somewhat upset over this conundrum. I feel like I landed myself in my current stagnant-ass life just by being shitty over the past few years. It's a bit of not having my priorities in order, being indecisive, putting more effort into others lives than I did my own, depression, etc. So essentially it's my own damn fault, which is fine because I'm more than willing to try and fix it. That's what you're supposed to do, right? Fix your mistakes instead of dwelling on them. But nothing is really coming together well because of a perfect storm of bad coincidences, amd the things that are coming together are time sensitive so I have to wait them out. It's frustrating, and for the time being I don't really have anywhere to vent aside from this.

Sorry about the rant.

No, don't be sorry. I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing this.

Is there something specific about summer that makes it a low point for you? Is it something that can be worked on?

They should have prisons specifically for ugly people too

I don't understand what you're trying to say, or why you're trying to say it.

wow

that strikes me as very socially inept

shocking coming from neogaf

It is. I don't care though. It's pretty easy to shrug off for now.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand what you're trying to say, or why you're trying to say it.

They could send the extra ugly criminals to a specially designed prison without mirrors so they don't have to live in shame.

I'm not saying this only to be mean but reading Neogaf there seems to be a preponderance of young men who seem to have never spoken to a woman and in many cases regard them as an other in some way

The inner machinations of people's beliefs are readily available on Gaf. In life, how many people can you honestly say you know comprehensibly?

zeemumu

No, don't be sorry. I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing this.

Is there something specific about summer that makes it a low point for you? Is it something that can be worked on?

I assumed it had something to do with excess free time but random busy work doesn't seem to help. I guess it's the isolation?

Jobbs

Banned
They could send the extra ugly criminals to a specially designed prison without mirrors so they don't have to live in shame.

are you losing it?

if you're on a dating app you should show who you are regardless what you look like. there's no argument not to (if you actually have any intention of meeting someone, that is)

Yeah if I'm on a dating app or site I'm not talking unless I see what you look like
Honestly nobody is that ugly , except me B^) but seriously nobody looks like the elephant man so a pic should be there always

If it's not a dating site like whisper or kik or etc I'll talk without seeing what you look like, I do it all the time , just the date site I need to see

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
are you losing it?

if you're on a dating app you should show who you are regardless what you look like. there's no argument not to (if you actually have any intention of meeting someone, that is)

Yeah! All those uglies should stop clogging up my life.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I'm not a troll, I am human and I need to be loved.

Like Morrissey.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Guys I'm not a troll, I am human and I need to be loved.

Like Morrissey.
There's a sympathetic troll in Witcher 2 who has a whole item fetching questline humans would normally have. But you can just kill him instead

Jobbs

Banned
I'll be interested how I do in ranked when it hits consoles next week.

Jobbs, it's been a stress filled week, so I am going to get absolutely slaughtered and play vidjas.

you're not real americans in australia so you wouldn't understand!

Doing birthday thing tomorrow with the kids and sometime after that I'm meeting that girl to do something

Monday who knows, not sure yet who or if

Freeza you're seriously not making any sense. I saw it three times in theater and I own a copy of the ultimate cut. I have at least half a dozen posts on this board that are just quotes from the movie. I almost like it more than The Dark Knight. I need you to understand that and also understand that it's a great story, just not one which fits everybody's tastes.

I'd fight you on this but I'm afraid of pissing you off again.

jb1234

I believe we may approach the consumption of drugs and alcohol in a similar manner.

I suspect you're right.

(Another reason to drink. Someone posted on a friend's FB wall that "God is guiding Trump's hand and that's why we should vote for him.")

SolVanderlyn

I ate a lot today too. Which usually happens when I drink. None of it was bad though... maybe pretzel sticks? That's processed food/has preservatives I think. Whatever.

Plans for the weekend? Take a six hour psyche evaluation/IQ test thing. Oh boy

Jobbs

Banned
Plans for the weekend? Take a six hour psyche evaluation/IQ test thing. Oh boy

being a neogaffer I expect your IQ to be no less than 130 to go along with your 8 inch penis

r
going to my cousins' for the weekend. We're going to dirtbike and stuff. I'm not at all a nationalist but if people are partying and blowing things up then I like to be there.

sounds fun.

I could go for a dirtbike right about now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom