• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
LIVIN' LA DOLCE VITA
LIFE COULDN'T GET MUCH SWEETER
DON'T YOU GIVE ME A REASON
THAT IT'S NOT THE RIGHT SEASON
BABE I LOVE YOU A LOT
I'LL GIVE YOU ALL I GOT
YEAH YOU KNOW THAT IT'S TRUE
I'VE BEEN SAVIN' ALL MY SUMMERS FOR YOU
LIKE FROOOOOOOOOOOOOT, LIKE FROOOOOOOOOOOT

iw4dOuBnk36Ei.gif

Windumb is in this gif.

Windam

Scaley member
LIVIN' LA DOLCE VITA
LIFE COULDN'T GET MUCH SWEETER
DON'T YOU GIVE ME A REASON
THAT IT'S NOT THE RIGHT SEASON
BABE I LOVE YOU A LOT
I'LL GIVE YOU ALL I GOT
YEAH YOU KNOW THAT IT'S TRUE
LIKE FROOOOOOOOOOOOOT, LIKE FROOOOOOOOOOOT

iw4dOuBnk36Ei.gif

Windumb is in this gif.

I'm the person in the kitchen trying to ignore the mass wave of gay

Vita

Has no games

PSMortem would be a better name for it. Heyoooooooooooooo.
I'll fight you both in the streets. Let's rumble.

I want some husbando options in Persona 5. But the chances of that are pretty much zero. Goddammit Atlus, go back to your Innocent Sin roots and embrace the gay again.
But I want Kanji ;_;

They better have gay social links in P5. And fire emblem plz
gshal9a.gif

Prayer circle for gay video game lovin'.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
gpU5LBn.jpg

As a side note, I'm really enjoying Darwinia. Quite probably one of the coolest alt history books in a good while.

Next up:

9Lf6wcT.jpg

Amazon's pilot was amazeballs. I cannot wait for the full series. Get into it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yooooooooo, I really dig the premise. Will check it out. And I will definitely watch the full series when it happens.

Plenty of other gaffers are already in love with the pilot. It wasn't perfect and it featured some dodgy CGI work, but the premise is amazing and the art team NAILED the look of the early Space Age nazi era. High concept done right.

It's such an entrancing mix of vintage americana mixed with somewhat plausible post-WW2 German technology and Japan's mid-century industrialization.

drJPXt6.jpg

Dat German nuclear jet. Dat Japanese reaction at it. Dat Fanta.

Edit: Holy fock. Wikipedia's description is a whole lot crazier than what was show in the pilot. I guess it could be spoilery since most of the background will most probably be developed during upcoming episodes, maybe through the first season.
Japan established the puppet Pacific States of America out of Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, parts of Nevada and Washington as part of the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere. The remaining Mountain, Great Plains and Southwestern states became the Rocky Mountain States, a buffer between the PSA and the remaining USA, now a Nazi puppet state in the style of Vichy France. Having defeated the Allies of World War II, the Third Reich and Imperial Japan became the resultant superpowers of the world and consequently embarked upon a Cold War.

One of the core narrative elements, (Operation Dandelion), is centered on a preemptive Nazi nuclear strike on the Japanese Home Islands. The Nazis "have the hydrogen bomb" and the ability to wipe out the Home Islands. Their nuclear energy capabilities also fuel extremely fast air travel and the colonization of the moon, Venus, and Mars.

After Adolf Hitler's syphilitic incapacitation, Martin Bormann, as Nazi Party Chancellor, assumes power as Führer of Germany. Bormann proceeds to create a colonial empire to increase Germany's Lebensraum by using technology to drain the Mediterranean Sea and convert it into farmland (see Atlantropa), while Arthur Seyss-Inquart also oversees the colonization of Africa and extermination of most of its inhabitants. Meanwhile, the Reich sends spaceships to colonize Mars and other parts of the Solar System.

Soon after the novel begins, Führer Bormann dies, initiating an internal power struggle between Joseph Goebbels, Reinhard Heydrich, Hermann Göring, and other top Nazis to succeed him as Reichskanzler.

Clydefrog

WHAT THE HELL! HAHAHAHAHA whoever uploaded this is a king

was expecting wazzy to be the wicked witch. instead it was some crazy redhead!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I wish my .jiffing talents reached that far.

Re: Darwinia. I'm loving this book. But above all, I love how the author managed to avoid the huge temptation of turning Darwinia into murderworld. The creatures roaming the new European continent are ugly and scary and the entire continent's ecosystem has been replaced by a completely new, radically different, totally alien one, but that doesn't mean every animal and plant is out to get you. Most critters are harmless despite its weird aspect and even local maladies are not necessarily lethal. The biggest dangers so far come mostly from other men and the fact that explorers have to navigate through unexplored rivers and face the same rigors of early XX adventurers charting the still unknown parts of Africa. The book avoids feeling as cheap fantasy as a result.

Hannibal S1E12 spoilers:
What the fuck? Georgia combs her hair, sets off a spark of static electricity, and incinerates herself because of the oxygen concentration. Hannibal thinks of everything. This is his design. I'm screaming.

VFgszA3.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hannibal S1E12 spoilers:
What the fuck? Georgia combs her hair, sets off a spark of static electricity, and incinerates herself because of the oxygen concentration. Hannibal thinks of everything. This is his design. I'm screaming.

VFgszA3.gif

Ooooooh... you are all set for the final mindfuck.

And then, onto S2.

Sidenote: Better Call Saul, Y U SO GOOD?

I forgot Better Call Saul had a new episode last night. I'll finish up season one of Hannibal then watch it. If the season one finale doesn't leave me overly #rekt.

RIP.

pzLaMIA.gif

This is like the soccer mom picture for Stephen this year. Something to continually haunt him.

Oh my god, I'm just now watching the full The Land of Odd video. :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

God bless that no video of me from high school exists.
kPNi9qq.gif

I made sure I deleted the videos and accounts right fucking after every presentation.

YEEEEEES

Stephen playing Dorothy. They already knew.

emoji.png
God damnit Megan.

LOLLL ;____; I seriously can't believe that video still exists. I'm dying inside
at my flawless 14-year-old acting skills

X____X pray5me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom