• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still prefer OoT and Wind Waker tbh, but my favourite Zelda changes all the time.

Yeah I like these a bit more too. However the atmosphere of MM was just fucking awesome. A real high creepiness factor which I loved.

I also got 100%, something I never even did with OoT :p

WRONG I SAY. WRONG.

o7XDuD8.gif

Risgroo

Just saw the special secret unofficial world premiere at SXSW. First public screening of the film.

This is maybe the best summer popcorn blockbuster action flick of the last ten years. No joke. Fast Five was a lot of silly fun, and 6 had some fun moments too if a little bogged down in familial sentimentality, but 7...

It pulls a little from all the previous films and includes a lot of nods, but without feeling like retreading ground lazily. Everything is an escalation of previous events, a completely ludicrously insane escalation that effectively makes Furious 7 a superhero film. And what a goddamned awesome superhero film it is.

The set pieces never stop, and get crazier at each step. The cinematography is fast without being unintelligible and has a hyper-kinetic inventiveness that adds incredible oomph to the fight sequences for a big budget hollywood flick. It's not The Raid 2 or anything, obviously, but it feels influenced by it to some degree (like Winter Soldier). I think they might be figuring out how to do action again in the big leagues.

If you thought that climaxes of #5 and #6 were over the top, zany, and insane, that's pretty much the resting pulse rate for #7. And it's all broken up by amazing '80s Schwarzenegger-style testosterone-fueled one liners and smirks and stares at the camera, and actually tight on-point humor. Also one of Jason Statham's most badass roles across his entire career.

It's a true love letter to Paul Walker.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. So fucking hyped. Give me the D
iesel.
WRONG I SAY. WRONG.
Unjjcau.gif

I guess one day I'll finally play Wind Waker :(
Just buy a Wii U, boo. Treat yo self.

Turin

Banned
Now onto Hannibal Rising. The Origin Story™ of the series.

A few memorable fucked up moments from Hannibal:

Hannibal sniffing Clarice's steering wheel and licking it.

Clarice "breastfeeding" Hannibal.

Hannibal's sister Mischa being cannibalized when they were children.

Mason making martinis with children's tears, Mason molesting children, Mason raping Margot when they were kids. Yeah, the show already delved into all this. But the book expounded on it. Basically ANYTHING TO DO WITH MASON.

Well,
Bryan Fuller said he decided to complete omit the sexual aspect of Mason. The main reason is he didn't like the implication that Margot's homosexuality resulted from molestation. He also pointed out that he doesn't have much interest in rape for his stories.

Damn, Natalya Kills has some Windam level eyebrows.

I guess her cuntiness on X-Factor partially worked because this is the most anyone's ever talked about her.

tumblr_nla9ymQ9Al1rtm8fqo1_540.png

Whoa, I thought Windam was banned. Turns out he isn't!

He's been addicted to WoW for a few weeks. He mostly Skypes.

Went running for the first time in like 5 months. Kill me now.

Me when I run again for the first time after a nearly five month hibernation.

Well,
Bryan Fuller said decided to complete omit the sexual aspect of Mason. The main reason is he didn't like the implication that Margot's homosexuality resulted from molestation. He also pointed out that he doesn't have much interest in rape for his stories.

Ah, I C. That aspect did annoy me. It came off a bit too much like "I'm a lesbian because I was sexually abused. All dicks and men are evil."

One scene I'm really hoping gets adapted is
Hannibal serving that MISOGYNIST SCUM Paul Krendler's brain to Clarice. Another fucked up moment.

Also, Hannibal (the book) did a decent job of humanizing Hannibal just a little bit.

He knew his sister got eaten when they were kids, so that no doubt helped fuck him up. He still seems to unselfishly care about her so maybe he isn't a complete psychopath. He helped Margot with her schemes to off Mason and took the blame. Although, I suppose he did that for a quid pro quo, so she would give him Paul Krendler.

All in all, he seems like a pretty chill guy. But really, he at least seems slightly more human now.

Turin

Banned
Few things were more frustrating than when I had lost most of my running conditioning. I had to earn it back with seething rage and peanut butter. Lots and lots and lots of peanut butter.

One scene I'm really hoping gets adapted is
Hannibal serving that MISOGYNIST SCUM Paul Krendler's brain to Clarice. Another fucked up moment.

Probably. Anthony Hopkins got to do it. :)

:)

:)

After I finish Hannibal Rising, I'm probably gonna watch all the movies.

Manhunter (original Red Dragon adaptation), Red Dragon (updated RD adaptation regarded as inferior to Manhunter), The Silence of The Lambs (the GOAT obviously and the only one I've watched before), Hannibal (should be good as long as it's halfway like the book), and Hannibal Rising (haven't read or watched it yet but it has Gaspard Ulliel as Hannibal so it wins.)

tumblr_n5k3553MMf1r8lutfo1_500.gif

Turin

Banned
Silence is the only GOAT type of movie in the series but they're all more or less enjoyable.

I mean, it's not like you're watching the Twilight series.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Project NX is going to be an Android streaming device ala Chromecast designed to play Nintendo's mobile games and I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Just watch it.

Risgroo

Project NX is going to be an Android streaming device ala Chromecast designed to play Nintendo's mobile games and I'm going to laugh my ass off.

Just watch it.
Ahahah, after 10 threads of frantic fanboy speculation.
Still hyped as hell for Yoshi's Cookie Crush Saga.

If it's something really dumb, please let me know so I can post gifs mocking Nintendo.

Why do you hate Nintendo? :(
Show me on the doll where Reggie touched you.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
"Wonderful things can happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes."

Goddamn, Justified's writing is ON FIRE this final season.

Alright my friends! I'm going bar hopping and then to a party. If I die, whichever one of you is most sad at my funeral can have all my stuff.
Stay safe, Joshy. I claim dibs on your junk, btw.

Wes Bentley and Matt Bomer both in the new season of American Horror Story. Hell, I'll watch it just to get quenched. They're trying to lure in the gheys this season. Even more I mean.

Clydefrog

Browsing GAF with the Commando theme in the background makes things so much more cooler.

"this guy smells HORRIBLE and I don't know why!" *epic steel drums*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom