• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Hell if I know man. I live in Florida. In other news I'm eating the most perfect eggs benedict

6f3c8da52cad3a54a865513171fbddab.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
Hell if I know man. I live in Florida. In other news I'm eating the most perfect eggs benedict

I personally will never understand the appeal of poached eggs

-

A bit ago I knocked over my diet soda on the desk, cursed, screamed, said "never again! NEVER AGAIN!" as I scrambled to clean up everything

then I did it again 20 minutes later...

To be fair I don't blame you, I can pick out very very few US accents and a very large amount of the stuff on TV over here is from the US. Like the best I can do is tell if someone's from the south and that's about it, no idea which state or anything. Like I can barely even tell apart US accents and Canadian accents.

FloatOn

I personally will never understand the appeal of poached eggs

-

A bit ago I knocked over my diet soda on the desk, cursed, screamed, said "never again! NEVER AGAIN!" as I scrambled to clean up everything

then I did it again 20 minutes later...

I used to hate runny eggs too but I've since grown to love it.

Misha

Banned
To be fair I don't blame you, I can pick out very very few US accents and a very large amount of the stuff on TV over here is from the US. Like the best I can do is tell if someone's from the south and that's about it, no idea which state or anything. Like I can barely even tell apart US accents and Canadian accents.

For the most part theres little variation in American accents besides southern or Appalachian or I guess the couple in new York/new jersey/Philly(on TV). Its pretty rare for someone to speak with the actually noticeable version of their accent. And Canadian is hardly different from American and you get lots of Americans who have never been to Canada who speak the same way. But theres the more exaggerated versions occasionally there too

Jobbs

Banned
I overnighted an XB1 controller so I could play local Garden Warfare 2 with my niece today, but her mom for some reason decided not to bring her over. She owes me $9.

(She should be coming tomorrow though)

Incidentally, I can say definitively that this new XB1 controller is far better than my launch one. The launch one's bumpers are fuck awful. They fixed it. I now feel safe saying this is a better pad than the 360.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Waiting for pizza delivery guy to finally find my house. We are on a hill just 50 meters from the main road and he is driving up and down the street.

Good day Fakers.

Working on a Saturday, boourns.

Working on Saturday sucks. Been there done that today .

AcridMeat

Banned
Wowy I haven't been that drunk in a while. Let me tell you, drinking with a newly working attorney leads to many many many bought drinks for you.
Clyde, can you share your repository of midget man gifs?
Yo that's hecka rude that gif is of clyde. :/
I overnighted an XB1 controller so I could play local Garden Warfare 2 with my niece today, but her mom for some reason decided not to bring her over. She owes me $9.

(She should be coming tomorrow though)

Incidentally, I can say definitively that this new XB1 controller is far better than my launch one. The launch one's bumpers are fuck awful. They fixed it. I now feel safe saying this is a better pad than the 360.
Oooh they fixed them? Hm I might have to get one after all.

Garden Warfare 2 is really fun by the way.

Jobbs

Banned
they film a bunch in Pittsburgh so idk :p

ofc the people with thick Pittsburgh accents are at a minimum

I hope this isn't too offensive but a thick pittsburgh accent makes the person sound like they have a mental illness/deficiency.. If you hear it you almost can't believe it's real and not pretend

yeah. if I recall correctly there was a lot of that in the various extras and stuff in early X-Files seasons (it was filmed in Canada).

That was in Vancouver though, wasn't it? The accent in the video is from the middle of the country.

Canada is America's polite hat

Fuck you. And tuck Florida back into your pants.

I don't even know of a Canadian accent.

Haha

There absolutely isn't a single Canadian accent, but since everyone has an accent, you, proud Upper Canadian, have one too.

Jobbs

Banned
True, except Pittsburgh is an American accent for better or worse, so it doesn't trigger the foreign alarm.

I'm curious if you've heard a real pittsburgh accent before, because -- american? It almost doens't even sound human

I wonder why Boston seems to be a popular setting for movies. Their accents are obnoxious.

Misha

Banned
I hope this isn't too offensive but a thick pittsburgh accent makes the person sound like they have a mental illness/deficiency.. If you hear it you almost can't believe it's real and not pretend
You already said this and I agree. also I don't have a Pittsburgh accent
True, except Pittsburgh is an American accent for better or worse, so it doesn't trigger the foreign alarm.

I meant more that if you have people with Pittsburgh accents in the scene you really can't claim the setting is anywhere else than pittsburgh

I'm curious if you've heard a real pittsburgh accent before, because -- american? It almost doens't even sound human

I wonder why Boston seems to be a popular setting for movies. Their accents are obnoxious.
Isn't that sunfish video Bostonian? The one where he's like "look at that fooking theen, we're seen somethin we ain't never seen before"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom