• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
I can't think of many worse ideas than having my first girlfriend also be a parent.
It can't be any worse than going on a date with a girl, and having it go so bad, that the next week you find out she's lesbian. Now, I want to point out, I have no problems with lesbians or gays. But finding out a girl has switched teams because of me is a bit of a kick to the balls. On the flipside, having a guy go gay for me is a bonus.

Misha

Banned
I'd be fine with a gf/bf having a kid so long as they weren't going to depend on me or anything. I'm really good with kids and want one some day but I don't trust myself financially or responsibility-wise Rn

watch Robotninjahornets star in SUDDEN DADDY - a hilarious and heartwarming new series about how boy meets girl AND someone else! someone tiny and confused! Coming to Netflix in spring 2017.

FloatOn

I used to hate kids. Considered them stinky little jerks that would annoy me on planes.

I've since grown to appreciate them. Not sure why exactly

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Not to dive too deeply(heh) into sex preferences, but wouldn't a dildo or other device provide this?
To an extent but like the motions are awkward and hurt my wrists, plus it takes a lot of coordination. It just isn't the same. And no way do I want like a Versa Fuk, they are expensive and scary looking.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
To an extent but like the motions are awkward and hurt my wrists, plus it takes a lot of coordination. It just isn't the same. And no way do I want like a Versa Fuk, they are expensive and scary looking.

TIL what a versa fuck is, and that it's available through Amazon. Thankfully that search was incognito.

But yeah, I can see your point.

Symphonia

Banned
Could you not purchase one of those jelly/suction dildos that stick to any surface, and just go to town on that? Saves the awkward wrist movements.

Jobbs

Banned
err told the youtube guy I'd have the build out momentarily, then remembered doing a full compile is going to take 40 min...

::gyrates::

AcridMeat

Banned
that's true! and I guess calendars can be too. you're still getting the sexy firemen one ever year, right?
Sexy Steve Brule/John C. Reilly actually.
tumblr_mcgrsazLM41qiplke.gif

I guess I'm a little bit different in that I usually get off by getting my partner off. So the whole idea of just using them as something to fuck doesn't really work for me.
I'm this way too, but casual FWB/hook ups and being this way are not exclusive from each other. Having a physical connection and an emotional connection are different, though they benefit the each other obviously.
never watched seinfeld, ever. Not a single episode.
Check out this edgelord.

Symphonia

Banned
Having a physical connection and an emotional connection are different, though they benefit the each other obviously.
I always have trouble separating the emotional from the physical, in the same way that JD (Scrubs) or Ted (HIMYM) do. I just can't flick the switch and shut my emotion off. If I'm having sex with someone, I will form an emotional bond with them. There's only been one time where I had a one-night stand, and I regretted it the next morning.

It's really easy to separate the two when you're broken emotionally so I wouldn't really say it's something you should strive for necessarily.

I think it's actually the opposite. A balanced person wouldn't cling to a sexual partner for affection if there wasn't any mutual desire for it, because they wouldn't confuse one for the other. For one, they wouldn't be anxious, so they wouldn't confuse kindness for affection either. (psychologists actually bothered studying this by surveying people with fear of heights on a bridge. A lot of those people mistook the attention for attraction, mostly on their own end).

I'm guessing you meant that extreme apathy (depression) can make people uncaring about any relation at all though. But 'broken' is a very broad description, so that's what I jumped in on.

either that, or you meant guarded like this guy:

heat20131115102705.jpg

Goddammit, now I noticed the blatant ketchup product placement.

AcridMeat

Banned
I think it's actually the opposite. A balanced person wouldn't cling to a sexual partner for affection if there wasn't any mutual desire for it, because they wouldn't confuse one for the other. For one, they wouldn't be anxious, so they wouldn't confuse kindness for affection either. (psychologists actually bothered studying this by surveying people with fear of heights on a bridge. A lot of those people mistook the attention for attraction, mostly on their own end).
You're absolutely right on this point, however...
I'm guessing you meant that extreme apathy (depression) can make people uncaring about any relation at all though. But 'broken' is a very broad description, so that's what I jumped in on.
Bingo bango.

If I know where I stand with a person, it makes it 100% easier to proceed. So things like hook ups, fwb, etc are fine. It's when I don't know where we stand, feeling each other out, if we even like each other, if it's for a short term, if they even want a relationship etc that it gets real messy and difficult. Plus just actually getting to the point of opening up is really draining.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Back from the pub

some depressing acoustic music played by some local bloke quickly turned me back home

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I always tell my closest friends that I love them. I guess it could be considered premature or misconstrued by some devoid of context, but I don't believe love is contained to romance.

Agreed. "In love" and "love" are totally different.

Let me ask you a personal question to you Fakers about sex....

Did you ever feel pressure (external or internal) to lose your virginity when you all were of that age?

Because I had a friend who was kinda addicted to sex and he would loudly talk about fucking his then GF. Like kinda to the point that i'd always feel shitty for not having lost my virginity. Like at one point during thearly relationship, they fucked each other within my sight of watching Anchorman. But then he had two kids with her and the relationship went to shit quick in a span of two kids in two years.
He had a psychotic breakdown and pointed a gun at me after that and I ended that friendship rather quickly after that. Last I heard of my former friend, he had another two kids with another girl and last year, he had his fifth kid with his finance and the child looks like a spitting image of him and acts like him.

But I digress, as I get to my 30's, I feel like a lesser man for still not having lost my virginity. I can only blame autism so much for me not willing to get into the local dating scene. I know I shouldn't feel like a lesser man but I kinda fear intimacy because would that person understand the inadequacy?

I don'the know man. I know that's a lot to read. But would I ever be good enough for that person to let me be intimate with them. It's always a fear of mine.

Misha

Banned
I always tell my closest friends that I love them. I guess it could be considered premature or misconstrued by some devoid of context, but I don't believe love is contained to romance.

English really lacks enough words to describe the things we just shove all into love. The typical example for this is the greek words for love: agape(I don't really understand this one all I know is priests love to talk about it), eros(sexual), philia (friendship), storge (familial)

Jobbs

Banned
English really lacks enough words to describe the things we just shove all into love. The typical example for this is the greek words for love: agape(I don't really understand this one all I know is priests love to talk about it), eros(sexual), philia (friendship), storge (familial)

agape is unconditional love. heard that one all the time in church

Let me ask you a personal question to you Fakers about sex....

Did you ever feel pressure (external or internal) to lose your virginity when you all were of that age?

Because I had a friend who was kinda addicted to sex and he would loudly talk about fucking his then GF. Like kinda to the point that i'd always feel shitty for not having lost my virginity. Like at one point during thearly relationship, they fucked each other within my sight of watching Anchorman. But then he had two kids with her and the relationship went to shit quick in a span of two kids in two years.
He had a psychotic breakdown and pointed a gun at me after that and I ended that friendship rather quickly after that. Last I heard of my former friend, he had another two kids with another girl and last year, he had his fifth kid with his finance and the child looks like a spitting image of him and acts like him.

But I digress, as I get to my 30's, I feel like a lesser man for still not having lost my virginity. I can only blame autism so much for me not willing to get into the local dating scene. I know I shouldn't feel like a lesser man but I kinda fear intimacy because would that person understand the inadequacy?

I don'the know man. I know that's a lot to read. But would I ever be good enough for that person to let me be intimate with them. It's always a fear of mine.

sure, there's a lot of pressure going on. but that fear of inadequacy is nonsense. it's always a new experience with a new person. even if you had sex before. this also means you have to figure it out again and again since everyone is different and likes different stuff. maybe that takes the "hype" off the very first time. of course there's also stuff to learn but just get at it and most of it will come naturally. it's a learning by doing situation. also if you choose a partner who has had sex before they can help ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom