• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

I've never washed rice either or even thought about it.

Is not washing rice a white people thing?

Latino here and I don't wash the rice either. *Waits for someone to make a racist joke*

EDIT: Had a dream where I was accused of stealing someone's art then I showed my process pics and everything got solved. That was interesting.

Latino here and we wash rice. We also wash chicken.

We wash pretty much everything.

How often do you tenderize it tho?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

meat-tenderizer-like-a-hammer.gif

marrec

Banned
i think its like 90% of all chicken has campylobacter (a bacteria that can make you sick), we don't really know how to control it, but we know it loves moisture. I hope that desnt put you off chicken tho

source: food industry guru.

That's why you cook the chicken.

That's why you cook the chicken.

thats why you dont wash the chicken before cooking.

edit: you have no idea, how many silly case studies ive been through where people have thought they have gotten salmonella, but ended up with campylobacter poisoning because they washed the chicken before cooking.

marrec

Banned

edit: you have no idea, how many silly case studies ive been through where people have thought they have gotten salmonella, but ended up with campylobacter poisoning because they washed the chicken before cooking.

Oh that too I suppose.

Also because it'll dry out the chicken.

I had no idea this bacteria was a thing lol

Kevyt

Hmm... well we've always washed the chicken and we have never gotten sick, at least I haven't.

But then I guess it's all anecdotal.

Still, I won't wash my chicken now, I'm lazy when it comes to cooking so this is good news for me.

\o/

Oh that too I suppose.

Also because it'll dry out the chicken.

I had no idea this bacteria was a thing lol

everyone whos eaten chicken has eaten this bacteria, like i said, noone really knows how to control it, other than not washing before cooking keeps the tvcs low.

Some bacteria can make you sick without making the food rotten or smelly, and some bacteria can make the food smelly and mouldy and the food is still edible just not very nice.

And once tvcs get high enough, sometimes cooking is not enough to kill all. Unless you are going to make sure its 100 c minimum all the way through, which i doubt.

edit: fwiw its pronounced cam-pai-lo-bach-ter

I had a dream that I was in a fantasy world and I had to fight some neckbeard cause he got offended and then I was in GTA and was riding a motorcycle on my way to kill someone

i wish i could dance

edit: i also want to put down how people are frantically discussing aonuma's "update" on the new zelda. Its not an update, he said the same thing last year

Jobbs

Banned
The most popular coffee liquer
. Moonshine is still better :p

yeah I love it :)

gonna make mudslides this weekend <3 who wants one

the moonshine I have no idea. it's blackberry moonshine. I just bought it out of random curiosity since I've never had moonshine + it comes in a rad looking jar.

Chuckie

I have never thought to wash rice, nor pasta, or beans before I put them in a pot to boil.

I feel like I'm more on the "i don't give a shit about germs" end of the spectrum.

It's not about the germs, it is about removing the starch so the rice sticks less.

Symphonia

Banned
That girl I went on a date with/ate out yesterday text me about half ago saying she 'needs to talk to me about something as she's been doing some thinking' and I have no idea what it could be. I mean, that sounds far more relationshippy than I'd like. Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom