• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not shitty. It's Friday. We are all having a good time. We will get through the work day, then go home and put on sweatpants. Maybe get boners. Boners in sweatpants.

I think I probably played with action figures more recently than I've worn sweat pants.

Prince of Persia 1 or 2 ?

No, but thank you for posting a screenshot from the superior Mac version of PoP with 8-bit graphics.

I can't believe I've spent the last hour trying to find the game you're talking about.
I need to know what it is

There was a logo that is or resembled Psygnosis', but I can't find a game with matching screenshots looking through their catalog from the early '90s. 8-bit graphics, like PoP, but protagonist was much smaller on the screen.

Think it was sci-fi— certainly an alien looking world with Seuss-like plants and mesa-like rocks. I just looked through Wiki's list of Mac Games, to no avail. Should probably try the Amiga one (though I was definitely using a Mac).

Jobbs

Banned
walking around a guy's locker room barefoot doesn't sound much better than walking inside a toilet with bare feet. In fact, if it's my toilet, I'd take the toilet.

that said I do generally prefer to be barefoot and I typically am around the house. I don't understand shoes on at home people. they're fucking weird

Somnia

walking around a guy's locker room barefoot doesn't sound much better than walking inside a toilet with bare feet. In fact, if it's my toilet, I'd take the toilet.

that said I do generally prefer to be barefoot and I typically am around the house. I don't understand shoes on at home people. they're fucking weird

Ya when I'm at home I'm barefoot or have socks on (if its cold!).

Halcyon

I wear Uggs at home. Because me and Tom Brady are the same kind of person.

This is me at home. (Not Tom Brady)

12540787_1047197468654736_1328580842754880962_n.jpg

*misspell a word by one letter in GAF search*
gosh darnit
*waits a full minute*
--repeat

urgh, yeah. But it's not like I'm going to be the one to pony up for more servers, so I'll abide.

I almost never take my shoes off throughout the day. Never really knew why I would do such a thing.

Taking them off during the night, though...

I'm curious why some people are this way and others aren't. Even when I'm shod, it's almost always lightweight flats with no socks or no-show socks. My feet want to be free!

Misha

Banned
No, but thank you for posting a screenshot from the superior Mac version of PoP with 8-bit graphics.

There was a logo that is or resembled Psygnosis', but I can't find a game with matching screenshots looking through their catalog from the early '90s. 8-bit graphics, like PoP, but protagonist was much smaller on the screen.

Think it was sci-fi— certainly an alien looking world with Seuss-like plants and mesa-like rocks. I just looked through Wiki's list of Mac Games, to no avail. Should probably try the Amiga one (though I was definitely using a Mac).
wikipedia only has a handful of platformers on that list. only one i coudl think of with super small characters is lode runner but thats probably not it

scifi with a sword?

try watching through this set of videos

Jobbs

Banned
"You know those things everyone dreads having to go to? Funerals? Let's air one on TV!" -NBC/ABC/CBS/etc

Me and a bunch of housewives are upset about this

Oh fuck, The 100 was last night. I can watch that. I need to see where they're going with this "shitty plot twist and bad writing" thing they've been doing

The 100, Flash, Arrow, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and Originals all renewed... well then.

Somebody told me I look like Nina Dobrev so I tried watching some Vampire Diaries, but if the first couple episodes are anything to go by then it's just an even worse Twilight. No thanks. Also I don't look like Nina.

They deserve to be in foot prisons.

Well gee, with such a cogent argument how can I refuse? Lemme go find some Doc Martins or Crocs.

Halcyon

You look like a girl I used to work with named Sammy. She would say poop and laugh in the break room.

She wanted to have a threesome with me and my whore ex. I should have made that happen.

what movie should I watch? has anyone seen "The Hallow"? is it any good?

also I never walk around barefoot. reason no.1: feet should generally be covered and not looked at. reason no.2: if my feet touch a cold tile I'm as good as dead.

Somebody told me I look like Nina Dobrev so I tried watching some Vampire Diaries, but if the first couple episodes are anything to go by then it's just an even worse Twilight. No thanks. Also I don't look like Nina.

hmmm in certain pics you do a bit I think :eek:

Jobbs

Banned
^ edit: she doesn't look like Nina Dobrev. Nina Dobrev looks like Nina Dobrev.

I pretty much never think anyone looks much like anyone else, except in the rare case that they actually do. I'm extremely tuned into facial features and I remember faces better than anyone I know. When people say someone looks like someone, I tend to assume they're daft, because it's almost never true. Most people don't look much like anyone else to me.

what movie should I watch? has anyone seen "The Hallow"? is it any good?

also I never walk around barefoot. reason no.1: feet should generally be covered and not looked at. reason no.2: if my feet touch a cold tile I'm as good as dead.

See this!!!

Misha

Banned
^ edit: she doesn't look like Nina Dobrev. Nina Dobrev looks like Nina Dobrev.

I pretty much never think anyone looks much like anyone else, except in the rare case that they actually do. I'm extremely tuned into facial features and I remember faces better than anyone I know. When people say someone looks like someone, I tend to assume they're daft, because it's almost never true. Most people don't look much like anyone else to me.

trab2flofw.png

I just look like my mom. helps that central/western slavs aren't common on American tv

The closest would be Mary Kate wiles from the Lizzie Bennett diaries. Looks more like my sister though

I don't know what you look like but I'm sure it's not true because "people" are dumb

lol the time we compared you to this buymygame-dude must've have really made you upset about saying person x looks like person y. I guess we all know people don't look EXACTLY the same but you gotta admit that there can be similarities. people can have similar bone structures and features. saying anything else is humbug!

also Victoria is a good call, wanted to catch that in the theater but I don't know if I'm in the mood for this right now

Jobbs

Banned
trab2flofw.png

I just look like my mom. helps that central/western slavs aren't common on American tv

lol the time we compared you to this buymygame-dude must've have really made you upset about saying person x looks like person y. I guess we all know people don't look EXACTLY the same but you gotta admit that there can be similarities. people can have similar bone structures and features. saying anything else is humbug!

also Victoria is a good call, wanted to catch that in the theater but I don't know if I'm in the mood for this right now

oh plox.

this has been a pet peeve of mine since long before that. :p

for example... my brother was completely convinced that Channing Tatum was one of the co-pilots in the opening scene of San Andreas.

I've come to realize that most people suffer some amount of face blindness. They just don't see things other than the most basic features. White guy, long hair, short hair, whatever.

and @trab Victoria was really a unique experience. More movies should be made this way

oh plox.

for example... my brother was completely convinced that Channing Tatum was one of the co-pilots in the opening scene of San Andreas.

I've come to realize that most people suffer some amount of face blindness. They just don't see things other than the most basic features. White guy, long hair, short hair, whatever.

and @trab Victoria was really a unique experience. More movies should be made this way

people still do look alike sometimes!!!! If you had seen bizarro clyde from Okcupidworld you would believe me!

Halcyon

oh plox.

Jobbs people do look like other people.

Thinking otherwise is POPPYCOCK

Jobbs

Banned
people still do look alike sometimes!!!! If you had seen bizarro clyde from Okcupidworld you would believe me!

they do, but it's very rare that they do. 99% of the time when people say X person looks like Y person, it's total garbage.

Jobbs people do look like other people.

The only example here that's slightly true is the javier bardem one. The others look not the least bit alike.

If you told me you think Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel look alike, I'd nod politely and wonder if you're mentally handicapped

And you actually think Benicio Del Toro and Brad Pitt look alike??

they do, but it's very rare that they do. 99% of the time when people say X person looks like Y person, it's total garbage.

The only example here that's slightly true is the javier bardem one. The others look not the least bit alike.
AAAH WHY IS THIS UPSETTING ME SO MUCH. JUST ACKNOWLEDGE IT!!
feels like I'm looking at a redheaded version of my sister
we need a comparison pic of you for that!

Halcyon

mate, m8, meight

they look exactly alike. They are the same people

Del Toro is mexican Brad Pitt yes. They have the same eyes and bone structure.

Edit: AND Pitt looks like Robert Redford

Jobbs

Banned
mate, m8, meight

they look exactly alike. They are the same people

so you're saying I saw through your bullshit test? I win.com

AAAH WHY IS THIS UPSETTING ME SO MUCH. JUST ACKNOWLEDGE IT!!

never gonna happen. I'm so right on this it's making my head hurt

Del Toro is mexican Brad Pitt yes. They have the same eyes and bone structure.

Edit: AND Pitt looks like Robert Redford

oh my god I"m gonna fuck lose it. you're one of them. you're face blind

Jobbs

Banned
We are the beacons of truth in this tempestuous sea of lies.

what's it like stumbling around a world where people of the same general archetype all appear the same to you

what a horrifying existence

Superman and some other guy. If you tell me who he is I"m willing to bet that in a less cherry picked example the resemblance is far less, but even still, they're only the same archetype, the specifics are different. If you think these two people are the same person I pity you

Somnia

Ayyyyyyyy.

I really want a full beard but my facial hair still refuses to cooperate. Way too patchy.

I just started growing mine in the middle of last year, I'm glad I did and much prefer it. Keeping it groomed can be annoying at times, but it's worth it.

Speaking of that I need to go get a haircut, I can pinch my hair it's getting too long!

Halcyon

you're face blind

I think your issue with it is you're expecting the person to look like a straight up identical twin.

There are certain features in a person's face that you see in other people's faces. Sometimes it's just a few things, sometimes it's alot of them.

It's subjective obviously, but some shit is undeniable. IT IS FOLLY TO THINK OTHERWISE.

128691558137351312_display_image.jpg

This is a scare resemblance but Sean Bean reference.

I think your issue with it is you're expecting the person to look like a straight up identical twin.

There are certain features in a person's face that you see in other people's faces. Sometimes it's just a few things, sometimes it's alot of them.

It's subjective obviously, but some shit is undeniable. IT IS FOLLY TO THINK OTHERWISE.

128691558137351312_display_image.jpg

This is a scare resemblance but Sean Bean reference.

exactly!

Ayyyyyyyy.

I really want a full beard but my facial hair still refuses to cooperate. Way too patchy.

im 3 months in. I have a massive chin bush but two bald stripes that cut right through the cheek.

Im still holding out with hope. Everyone tells me i look like shit. Like ive glued pubes to my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom