• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a plot hole; just ambiguous and open to interpretation.
This is mine:
It's explained that the holy barrier is there to drive the fantasies of the subconscious -and their effects of reality- outside of the village. Tokyo not only sits outside it, but it is also an unknown landscape filled with bizarre things. "In this place there could be Shun too": this is what the subconscious of Saki started believing at that moment, and, consequentially, it materialized the "ghost of shun".

Thats a nice interpretation.
I took Shuns talk about keeping someone in your heart kind of literally, like Power allowed her to keep his consciousness around in some way. I dont think Shun ever physically showed up, it was just to symbolize that she finally overcame her block and remembered him. *shrug*

I'll definitely write up a series review soon, just thinking back on it makes me regret not watching this when it aired. The "worst" or most not satisfying arc to me was the
monster rat/queerat war during episodes 5-7.
As for the ending itself, the build-up to the
detour to Tokyo
was definitely great, the ending itself was alright, kind of a let-down though compared to the build-up previously.

Yeah I agree. I thought they could have put the first 5 minutes of the last episode in the previous one, and saved the last episode as a full epilogue.

You made it sounds worse than what it is.

It was still pretty gross tbh

That wheelchair actually exist in real life for this usage.
It was a well placed product placement it seems

Thats awesome actually haha. I thought it was just ridiculous they submerged the entire chair into the bath.

I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying 13
A remarkably heartfelt ending. Looking forward to season 2

Yuki Yuna 12
I feel the happy ending was kind of weak, making the show sort of irresolute. Just restoring their bodies without much reason kind of makes the sufferring from the earlier episodes pointless.

Rainy

Banned
Inou Battle 12 (END)

Mildly entertaining series. Cliched to hell and back though, as expected.

I would welcome a S2, but looks like that isn't happening.

I want him to end up with Tomoyo, but Sayumi is best girl.

Amagi Park is made by the same person that made FMP right?

It's so weird then, why do I feel absolutely none of the charm or humor that FMP had from this then? The only thing they seem to share in common is the fanservice.

I'm only on episode 5, but it's honestly just so... Bad, biggest let down of the season for me.

Go_Ly_Dow

Amagi Park is made by the same person that made FMP right?

It's so weird then, why do I feel absolutely none of the charm or humor that FMP had from this then? The only thing they seem to share in common is the fanservice.

I'm only on episode 5, but it's honestly just so... Bad, biggest let down of the season for me.

Kyoto Animation started to wither at their peak with K-ON!!

They then whipped out a miracle with Hyouka in 2012, but since then their work has lacked heart&soul :(

Wish they would hit their A game again!

Yamato 2199 - 02

I gotta say it keeps me interested, I wasn't bored one minute. Maybe it's the setting and the feeling of endless possibilities that makes me all giddy.
It does appear exist a multitude of lifeforms, as the Iscandarians were revealed. They do seem awfully kind to us. Though I am a bit disappointed all other lifeforms so far seem to look like humans, I hope there's some seasoning in this universe soup.
Also I wonder whatever happened to her sister (sasha?) she sent the core with, I would like if she accompanied them and shared some knowledge and lore of the universe.
tw9MG8o.jpg
7OJvfIc.jpg

whyyy, stop doing this :( just get twintails

faridmon

As someone who doesn't follow Kyoani that much, their quality seems to be consistent throughout. I think the problem is that some of you remember K-on more highly than it actually is. I don't know what the fuss is all about.

also, I am actually surprised how many people are calling Amagi a bad show. Its inoffensively OK show.

I like kyoani. The worst thing they put out recently is beyond the boundary but the rest has been good. Even tamako was enjoyable.

I liked both seasons of free! :(

Blusby

I'm now hearing that Tetsuya Takeuchi is going to be the animation director for Sakurai Hikaru's Kerneter of the Shadows, get hyped.

Celestial Method - 13 END

THIS SHOW WAS CUTE, ALL RIGHT?!?

I've had my problems with this show, but through the thick and thin of it after giving it some thought, I think this may be another one of my guilty pleasures of the season, right next to Yuki Yuna.

Yes, the show ends with
Noel coming back, and it's all happily ever after, but I'm strangley okay with that. I kind of expected Noel to disappear with some "We'll meet again someday" message. But no. In fact I'm actually okay with the show not going that route. It's not like she was a ghost and they brought her back from the dead or something. No, she grants wishes, so wishing her back kind of felt in tune with the show.

Yeah, the drama was super heavy and forced in many places, but I'll be honest. I thought the resolution to those moments were nice enough for me to forgive the show for them. Not that this kind of drama hasn't been done before, I just enjoy how it was done here.

But the best part of the show was Noel. Every moment she got screen time I could not help but smile. She's childish, she's happy, she's got a big heart, she's just enjoyable. Her interactions with the cast are easily the show's highlights. Because it's so refreshing seeing angsty, depressed characters getting cheered up with this girl's presence alone.

Though, episode 12 does kinda leave a really bad taste in my mouth.
Why the hell did we time-travel back to episode 1 at the same time wiping everyone's save Shione and Nonoka's memories of Noel? What did that have to do with granting the wish? Was it because they wanted the ending to be in a big flower field but that wouldn't work because Noel left when it was winter? That's not good writing folks!

But regardless...I'm satisfied with this show. All in all, it's cute. If you don't like shows with a large focus on drama like this, this show's probably not for you. I actually hope there's a bonus OVA episode for this show some time later to serve as a sort of epilogue of sorts.

So yeah, the show has its problems, but not so much for me to hate or even dislike the show.

Beefeater

Banned
What is going on in AnimeGAF these days?

Shit taste, as always. On a serious note though, I pretty much share this guy's experience of Monster as he describes it, I finished it and found it thoroughly underwhelming. Super slow paced, characters and situations that are hard to believe (like Johan
and his powers of crossdressing/seduction/persuasion
), a boring, morally unambiguous MC, and several corny moments. Most importantly, I thought it failed at making the most of its premise.

Its presentation leads me compare it to western live-action TV, which it doesn't hold a candle to IMHO.

Branduil

Shit taste, as always. On a serious note though, I pretty much share this guy's experience of Monster as he describes it, I finished it and found it thoroughly underwhelming. Super slow paced, characters and situations that are hard to believe (like Johan
and his powers of crossdressing/seduction/persuasion
), a boring, morally unambiguous MC, and several corny moments. Most importantly, I thought it failed at making the most of its premise.

Its presentation leads me compare it to western live-action TV, which it doesn't hold a candle to IMHO.

We're talking about Tenma here?

Accel World - 16

The training in this episode felt a lot like Hunter X Hunter's Nen training.

So it turns out in the Accelerated World, you can use willpower to influence reality there, which will help Haru to get his ability to fly back, even without his wings.

Honestly, I didn't expect to see that kind of Shounen-esque training in a show like this. I always like the whole "Willpower equals strength" trope in anime, so I thought that entire training segment of him climbing the tower was nicely done.

That being said though, I'm excited to see Haru make his awesome comeback soon now that he has this image training power.

Marow

Just started watching Inou-Battle and really like it. It seems it might be on of the surprises of the year if this keeps it up.

fertygo

Miyazaki and Hosoda don't need that shitty excuse "lol people don't know shit" They can made money while making good stuff. Get on their level.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
if only black isle made good games instead of tripe like fallout 2, baldurs gate, and planescape

Terrible terrible games.

Now, look at the Caller Dooty series. Those are some good, successful games. Millions of people can't be wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom