• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefeater

Banned
So what does everyone think about Tsuritama's ending? Does it redeem the melodrama and shark-jumping around episode 8?

By now the OP and ED are the only things that keep me going…

cajunator

Banned
People keep trying to peddle the nonsense that KLK wasn't a good show.

For shame AnimeGAF, for shame.

Its not a perfect show but it was a damned good one!

So what does everyone think about Tsuritama's ending? Does it redeem the melodrama and shark-jumping around episode 8?

By now the OP and ED are the only things that keep me going…

I think it ended pretty solidly for the kind of show it is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Didn't it literally jump the shark at some point.

I didn't like Tsuritama as much as everyone else, outside of Curry Guy and Duuuuuuuck, but I've been told I'm a horrible person and I'm given to agree with this assessment.

THE GRENINJA DREAM IS COMING TRUE!

1418949941600bys89.png
141877901814136sl1.png

http://a.pomf.se/fglapb.webm

http://a.pomf.se/ljalbn.webm

17 years since the show started and the loser finally evolves a water starter.

And all it took was for them to go full Naruto to do it.

People keep trying to peddle the nonsense that KLK wasn't a good show.

For shame AnimeGAF, for shame.

It wasn't bad but when people are going through catalogs of AnimeGAF AOTY lists years in the future and they dust off 2014, because in the future it'll all be in physical book form apparently, I don't want future Mad Max generations to think KlK is more deserving a spot than other shows. Put KLK once shame on you...

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru - 01

wooooooooah this blew my expectations by a fucking mile. Those who have seen it, does this
get dark and horrible
and do
people die/suffer
?
Soundtrack was a surprise, and that Vertex sound made my subwoofer shake my windows. I was
pogchamp.png
during these 'powerups'

Beefeater

Banned
Didn't it literally jump the shark at some point.

I didn't like Tsuritama as much as everyone else, outside of Curry Guy and Duuuuuuuck, but I've been told I'm a horrible person and I'm given to agree with this assessment.

Man, I wish I was feeling it. I was iffy about some stuff before the save-the-world plot kicked in, but now that it's in in full gear (ep10) the show lost all of its appeal to me. Why couldn't it just be a slice of life comedy/drama. How is the Mononoke director responsible for this. Whyyyy.

Fox318

It's like Gurren Lagann but with more fan service, but it's ok they're making fun of it.

I still haven't seen Gurren Lagann.

:(

Last things I finished was Kokoro Connect, Nisekoi, Another, Sakasama no Patema, and Amagi Brilliant Park.

I'd like to try watching Gundam Wing, Summer Wars, Death Note, and K-On! soon.

MyAnimeList has me really going through what I've seen...

phaze

Pupa 1-12

An emotionally poignant look at familial bonds, humanity and the lengths one would go to retain them. Wrapped up in unique art style and enhanced by Tomomi Mochizuki's strong direction. An experience not easily found in today's moe-filled anime market. Eagerly recommended.

Yes, this is satisfactory.

Puni Puni Poemy was basically the director getting free reign to make an entire series like episode 26 of Excel Saga, with pretty spectacular results. And by spectacular I mean spectacularly disturbing but pretty funny. I kind of miss Excel Saga's humor and insanity. Nobody really talks about it anymore :(

Well its something I'm planning to work in tomorrow when I get paid

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Episode 37
tumblr_nhe4rbb0jQ1u56dgwo4_250.gif
tumblr_nhe4rbb0jQ1u56dgwo1_250.gif

I need a Clear Wing Synchro Dragon. All the dragons in this Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V are fantastic, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon, and Clear Wing Synchro Dragon are necessary in my dream Dragon deck.

Yuuto, Yuugo, Yuuya, Yuuri, so many. Though so good
hope Yuuto isnt dead dead :(

If Lizard Squad were half the real men they think they are, they wouldn't be using DDOS but challenging Crunchyroll to a Yu Gi Oh duel. Whoever believes in the heart of the cards wins.

phaze

I'd like to try watching Gundam Wing, Summer Wars, Death Note, and K-On! soon.

You really don't want to do this.

D-Frag 05-07

The humor can get a bit low brow, the harem slowly makes its way toward the surface and Kazama playing the straight man to everyone else can be a bit tiring( As the show itself admitted) but despite all those issues, D-Frag remains completely hilarious. The whole tournament and the resolution to the final duel was golden.

D-Gray Man Episode 76-79 Spoilers!!!!

It seems Allen, Lenalee, Lavi, Kanda, Krory, and Choiji have to reach to the top of the Tower, since apparently the dimension Road created is crumbling. Tsuki gave them a key that helps unlock each door in order for them to reach the top. Pretty much they are playing a game for survival.

dQMPWZC.jpg

The fight between Kanda and Skinn was pure hype! 😁

Seeing Kanda slicing Skinn as if he were a piece of mean was great. Though Skinn didn't go down easily as his body wouldn't get affected by the cuts Kanda inflicted. Man Kanda was sacrificing his life force for his Innocence the whole way through in order to beat Skinn. He surely was determined to win. I mean he didn't even flinch when he was near death. Then we hear Skinn who seemed to be down for the count after that slash from Kanda blurt out that the Noah are immortal.

yQ7QvG5.jpg

Then a flashback about Skinn's story was given. You see him in extreme pain as he turns into a Noah, gushing out blood. I actually felt sympathy for him as he symbolizes hatred which comes from his Noah genes. For that reason all he thinks about is hatred and nothing else with the exception of sweets. So basically he was an empty shell filled with hatred. Which is why he says he can't forgive Exorcists/Innocence with a passion of hate multiple times. With that hate he comes back alive full of fury.

The climax of the battle was amazing as we see Skinn evaporate into thin air while Kanda sits there with a smile. Then Kanda remembers that he broke the promise he made with Allen's group about coming back alive. He died all out like a badass, but fuck why did he have to go.

Blusby

Oh no, really? How come?

Badly done cg action sequences, the very juvenile placement of a certain plot twist, heavy contrivances made for the events of the climax, a lack of thematic weight for most of the cast's future circumstances, and finally an ending that completely undoes everything that the series was building up towards.

Jarmel

Banned
As much as I dislike KLK, I feel like it had something most shows don't knowadays. Flair and character.

How many shows really try to go for broke like that? That's something I have to applaud Imaishi for in that he really does give his works his all.

Quasar

Got excited and went there, and they're down again. What's the deal with them being down a lot lately?

This is the first time for me. I do wonder who is responsible for the DDoS. Who would hate CR enough to do that....

Interesting to see just after I started seeing a DDoS Protection message each time I go to ANN.

cajunator

Banned
I knew that but I didn't know they announced the 3rd season or anything was in the works. . . Not to mention we still don't have Kizumonogatari!

And may never :(

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru - 01

wooooooooah this blew my expectations by a fucking mile. Those who have seen it, does this
get dark and horrible
and do
people die/suffer
?
Soundtrack was a surprise, and that Vertex sound made my subwoofer shake my windows. I was
pogchamp.png
during these 'powerups'

There is certainly despair, but it doesnt go full on Madoka Magica at least. Certainly is an enjoyable series in terms of being an interesting, if short, story and situation. Definitely not all fun and games though.

Oh no, really? How come?

Dont listen to them

As much as I dislike KLK, I feel like it had something most shows don't knowadays. Flair and character.

How many shows really try to go for broke like that? That's something I have to applaud Imaishi for in that he really does give his works his all.

I agree here, and honestly I think KlK gets way too much flac in general. It was grossly overhyped in hindsight and Ragyou's daughter-fondling scenes deserve condemnation, but as a production it stands over a lot of the chaff just for the sheer energy it had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom