• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question guys...Just got bakemonogatari, hanamonogatari, nekomonogatari kuro, nisemonogatari, monogatari series 2, tsukimonogatari

In what order should one watch those shows? I am a little lost ^..,^" sorry. tried sorting them with XMBC/Kodi and anidb/tvdb..but that does not really help :/

Just watch them in airing order.

Jarmel

Banned
Twintail-12

In which a man has an internal conversation with the omnipotent twintails inside of himself after having internal doubt and a questioning of the priorities in his life, due to getting to 1st base with a girl.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
God damn there's still like a million -gatari stories to adapt. What a disgusting franchise.
Into my veins.gif or whatever the meme is. lol

One more question guys...Just got bakemonogatari, hanamonogatari, nekomonogatari kuro, nisemonogatari, monogatari series 2, tsukimonogatari

In what order should one watch those shows? I am a little lost ^..,^" sorry. tried sorting them with XMBC/Kodi and anidb/tvdb..but that does not really help :/

thanks and happy new year!
Just watch it in order of release date. It's built to be watched that way, even if the show jumps around a bit.

phaze

!

Bake->Nise->Neko-->Mono-->Hana-->Tsuki

Tsukimonogatari
000578aqs9j.png

I really liked it, might even be my favourite story of this franchise so far. Gatari series has always been a mixed bag for me and even the arcs I really like could drag a bit but there was almost nothing like that here for me. First time I managed to go through five episodes of this show in pretty much one sitting. It's funny because for example Hana bored the hell out of me and I struggle to point out why exactly this was so different. Kagenui and Ononoki were the saving grace of Nise and delivered here again. Their back and forth banter with Araragi and Shinobu just clicked with me much more than Hana's monologues. It helps that this was clearly a part of the main story and with
Araragi's vampire issues
or
the dialogue with Ougi
, you could clearly feel the sense of finality permeating it. A beginning of the end indeed.

Oh not sure if I'm imagining it but music seemed bit different from the standard gatari fare. First time I really noticed it since Bake.

Jex

It sounds absolutely ridiculous to talk about a -Monogatari end game but that's actually where this series seems to be heading. The only difference between this show and any other featuring a 'final boss' is that I imagine the situation here will be resolved with talking.

Pooya

Tales of Zestiria special

well, that got a little creepy, recent Tales games are getting more and more creepy. That scene looked really odd like wtf
he just ate one you and they're like har har har it's OK
other than that it was ok, it was TALES.

It looked quite good though, dat last scene. Too bad the game looks like trash :(((

I'm quite ok with these glorified TV ads, like Bahamut and this. If God Eater has similar production values it will be a lot of fun. Pour the money in for spectacle.

fertygo

It sounds absolutely ridiculous to talk about a -Monogatari end game but that's actually where this series seems to be heading. The only difference between this show and any other featuring a 'final boss' is that I imagine the situation here will be resolved with talking.

We reaching final stretch afterall, and yet Kizu still nowhere in sight.. smh

cajunator

Banned
When I got to the Cake scene I really had no clue what was going on and just rode with it

I didnt at first but after hte second viewing I got over the squee weirdness of it and it made sense symbolically.

Cake scene was great. I just realised Mami says she cheese,
and 'Bebe' says she wants to eat cheese
throughout :(

More like Homur
akuma

GOAT scene.

Oh my god.

I just realized what the "The round cake goes round in circles." refers to: Homu's timelooping.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

based shaft

Yeah it blew my mind when I realized it too. I thought it was just a silly fruit song.
SHAFTGODS

Arjuna 10-13 END

Arjuna may as well hold a special place in not only my heart, but the heart of my friends. A show in which we came to only really like two characters; Tokio and Sayuri. Although the latter was more for glasses. We had something for Juna, and by that, I mean a sense of no-love, but lack of hate as well. Just some loathing.

Fucking Chris though, we never beat fucking Chris. The Progenitor of everything we loathed in this fucking nature show, a rather riffable nature show. A show that we procrastinated on for more than 3 months, partly to watch Super YoYo and Golden Boy at the same time. A show that legitimately made us angry and broken enough to not watch Puni Puni Poemy despite it being the intended cleanser of our souls.

Watching Arjuna sort of felt like seeing the fleeting goodness of an internet community forum, smothered in the usual loathing that may as well be interpreted as "You like X? You're the biggest piece of shit I've ever met". It's like watching a show made by a Level 5 Vegan. A vegan who transcends the odds of a regular Vegan, not to mention impossible to even comprehend. Well not really, I get the whole uselessness without oil.

Although I find it odd that Vegan is something that pops to my mind, given the general aspect of episode 9. All this show really did is make Juna into one of the creepiest people you've ever met. But a lot of that can't be because of her own doing. A lot of that can be attributed to Fucking Chris. And Fucking Cindy as well
That one dude explaining cooks cooking food for other people having more weigh made Cindy cry. That was fucking hilarious

Chris really is the worst though. He's literally a functioning forum community on his own, berating people because your cryptic bullshit was too hard to understand. Said cryptic bullshit was what ruined both Tokio and Sayuri. He may as well have a moving goalpost.

The fact that I stalled on this for over 3 months did nothing to stop us from being broken after this journey, and proceeded to fuck with us in Puni Puni Poemy. It ruined fun, It ruined cleansing, it even made me contemplating to stop doing several things
because I hate the idea of eating Chris

Again though, there are some things I can get, some of it being hilarious
Like Juna going I CAN'T EAT THIS WHEN ANOTHER FIRST WORLD COUNTRY IS ON THE BRINKS OF DEATH, only for whatsherface to make her realize she never gave a shit about black people in africa starving.
but the sheer amount of hate exuding from this only serves to breed anger.

This was probably the worst thing I have ever watched this year of 2014. And I watched Doki Doki Precure!

Thats quite a claim!
Itadakimasu!

So gaf , Happy new year all .

I won't lie , i'm freaking pumped for high school dxd S3 ( love the nonsense of this show )

And it seems kadowaka send me a gift !
NSFW for the simple minded.

Such a shame we only get 2 books adapted by season , since we're already at book 18+ already ....

KONEKOH MY GOD

fertygo

Ace of Diamond OVA

Nice little story about Kominato Brothers, I wonder if Haruichi can be clean-up hitter at Seidou, its seem they setting him up to naturally surpass his brother.. that could be cool.

Defuser

Something bothers me about the Kizumonogatari movie. How is it Shaft keeps on delaying it? Judging by how the other monogataris can easily be over 2 hours which they can pump out easily in one shot but why not Kizu? What is stopping them from finishing it?

Jex

Something bothers me about the Kizumonogatari movie. How is it Shaft keeps on delaying it? Judging by how the other monogatari's can easily be over 2 hours which they can pump out easily in one shot but why not Kizu? What is stopping them from finishing it?

Well, in this case, someone actually wants to make it good!

Something bothers me about the Kizumonogatari movie. How is it Shaft keeps on delaying it? Judging by how the other monogataris can easily be over 2 hours which they can pump out easily in one shot but why not Kizu? What is stopping them from finishing it?

Is there actually any word that it is still coming?

Pooya

That one actually demands animation beyond talking heads with character art that is getting more and more hideous every time.

Tsukimonogatari
Pretty cool story arc. Though it is quite clear the show is reveling in its perversion. Feels like the end is almost here though I kind of felt that from towards the end of second season

Tsukimonogatari

Based Shaft .

I want more .

It's monogatari all right, long , long discussion to get to the point , mixed in plenty of vocal fanservice & sometimes visual fanservice.

This arc however , gave plenty of neat clues for later , including a well deserved nerfing for the hero. And they finally admit who the mastermind is ( In case you didn't figure out during the 2nd season )

Bought as soon as the blu-ray releases in my region , just like the others.
Ah the character fanservice was certainly there... Shinobu scored many points and gahara showed that she definitely is at the top place.

Tsukimonogatari

Based Shaft .

I want more .

It's monogatari all right, long , long discussion to get to the point , mixed in plenty of vocal fanservice & sometimes visual fanservice.

This arc however , gave plenty of neat clues for later , including a well deserved nerfing for the hero. And they finally admit who the mastermind is ( In case you didn't figure out during the 2nd season )

Bought as soon as the blu-ray releases in my region , just like the others.
Ah the character fanservice was certainly there... Shinobu scored many points and gahara showed that she definitely is at the top place.

I wonder, what's vocal fanservice...

I wonder, what's vocal fanservice...

All the fanservice that wasn't visual , primary centered on the character themselves in usual situations that aren't related mainly around the plot.
All that stuff that is there for you to know the character themselves and to forshadow stuff for later ...

That's how i see it.

Well that one demands quite a few scenes of animation ... ( that need to be perfect otherwise SHAFT will deserve to be beheaded )

fertygo

Korra S04

I'm fucking choked at the ending, is this why suddenly the OT going crazy and everyone said how great it is?

Bwahahahahahaha

I just can't

Maybe Burton and firehawk will saying this is better than any anime ending ever.

Nafe

After making a shout-out like that you must bump the 'Animated Shorts!' thread with recommendations like those, because that is what I would do too... if it wasn't because double-posting that much on it feels a bit wrong already. :p

I wasn't sure if anyone was interested, so thanks fro your reply /XX/. :)

As per your request, I quoted my post in the animated shorts thread. I also mentioned Mirai Mizue again for those that weren't aware of him. Lastly I mentioned and linked to the Airy Me music video again just in case it wasn't mentioned.

Maybe it was all just a dream? So perhaps not that sad all along, if we take into account what singer Cuushe explained about it, and how relates to the personal concepts of butterflies she has (the question is... does Ms. Kuno share that perception?):

An interesting complete interview overall from an article that 'premièred' the MV at the time!

Hm, that's possible too. Dreams can be pretty strange at times,haha. I've heard of the thoughts on butterflies regarding dreams before.Thanks for the extra information as always. :)

Hm, seeing you link to an earlier post and I'm not sure how I missed it. Unless I went to look at the video and then ultimately didn't get back to it. Seeing the line about "Presents 3,000 cels/frames for little more than 5 minutes of animation" and I could believe it, especially near the end of the video. It's almost like the Little Witch Academia of music videos or something,haha.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
A long long time ago. You never noticed?

Nope, I always have a tab for AnimeGaf so all I had to do was refresh. Maybe I forgot? I wasn't really active here for the last year so that may have contributed. :lol

Korra S04

I'm fucking choked at the ending, is this why suddenly the OT going crazy and everyone said how great it is?

Bwahahahahahaha

I just can't

Maybe Burton and firehawk will saying this is better than any anime ending ever.

Damn right it is. :D

My OTP becomming canon has brought the show to a new level of greatness.

Yama no Susume S2 23-24

Definitely one of the better shows I watched this season. It was a relaxing and ernest show and even proved to be educational at times about the mountains they climbed and gear they used. Doing a sunrise climb on Mt. Fuji is also now on my bucket list lol. I can see this show ranking highly in my AOTY vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom