• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Like I said "drive of success"

You think Michael Jordan is friendly person?

Get real breh

One doesn't watch iM@S for a reflection of reality. That gets thrown out the window when you have Government robots punching moon rocks.

And throwing a strop because something didn't go your way isn't a drive of success, that's just being a sore loser (and incidentally, she's also a bad communicator since the whole error came about because she didn't make herself clear).

Or I could just say "counterpoint: all the other iM@S girls".

JoeFu

Banned
It's (Shinobu) time again.

2014-12-2302.45.25gprcz.jpg

Right... Shinobu Time T_T troll arc name :(

Actually the hate is because she is selfish and horrible to others.

Also they retconned her short brown hair.

wanting Producer-sans D doesn't help either

fertygo

The broadcast version animation was butt, and it was just generally kinda dumb.

Anyway, Ritsuko is the real Best Girl.
I can get behind this.

Oh yeah that episode is the roughest the tv eps ever been. Forgot about that, I have no problem with content though.

One doesn't watch iM@S for a reflection of reality. That gets thrown out the window when you have Government robots punching moon rocks.

And throwing a strop because something didn't go your way isn't a drive of success, that's just being a sore loser (and incidentally, she's also a bad communicator since the whole error came about because she didn't make herself clear).

Or I could just say "counterpoint: all the other iM@S girls".
So she had fallout from her established trait?
Soundss she also written well then!

phaze

House of Five Leaves 02-06

Well that was a cruel a cliffhanger. Despite the midway dip in quality where things dragged a bit, this remains an enjoyable show. Art and mood wise, this reminds of Mushishi (the little bits that I have seen at least.) though the supernatural is nowhere to be seen and the story is continuous instead of episodic. HoFL is a slow show with a very deliberate and meandering pacing. There is no elaborate samurai duels here, just a subdued story of gang of kidnappers, their circumstances and relations set in fairly grounded feudal Japan. Main guy suffers from a mild case of shinjism but when push comes to shove, he acts. I think I might be parroting myself here but the music is really neat and matches the tone of the show very well. Really good experience so far, hope this keeps up.

I started World Trigger recently and got to episode 10 yesterday. The reveal of the Neighbor's home world was such a disappointment. Another dimension with such different technology and they make it look like
a normal European castle.
I was hoping for something much more imaginative :(

Otherwise it a pretty good show. There's nothing original about the concept but they built up some pretty interesting lore around it. Curious to see where it all goes.

Kanon END - Alright, gonna preface this by saying I didn't dislike this show, but I had a lot of problems with it. Largely those problems stem from being an adaptation of a visual novel.

Gonna black this out since I think there was someone else her that was also watching.

The core of the problem is that there are these five relationships that are all ostensibly important to Yuichi, but they're all too "self contained." The Makoto arc, which I thought was emotionally the most impactful, gets resolved... And that's kind of it. There's some flashbacks and an appearance by the "real" Makoto at the end, but that's about it. The Mai and Shiori arcs just felt kind of flat. Nayuki's was better, but felt that her mother "miraculously" recovering was a bit of a cop-out. Actually, there were a lot of "miraculous" recoveries.

And largely, the supernatural aspects rubbed me the wrong way. Makoto and Ayu were real people. They weren't just figments of Yuichi's imagination. Other people, other characters acknowledged their existence while the real Makoto was older and living in her own condo and the real Ayu was in a hospital in a coma. All the while Nayuki's mom knows what happened to both of those characters but left Yuichi believing they were real.

Overall, having to give time to each character arc makes the show feel kind of "disjointed."

Everyone who watched AO is on team fuck Slaine, one way or another.

if the writers weren't so lily livered and actually had backbone to make stuff stick then Slaine's end would've been really good and a great jumping board for the next season

Inaho signed his own death warrant when he shot down Slaine after he saved his ass. That led to Slaine getting horrifically tortured.
I would've shot Inaho even if he didn't point a gun at me. He still has the princesses' body so he can match that to Cruhteo's gun and prove that she wasn't killed at the parade.

Win-win.

Inaho that son of a bitch
is dead, he can stop the stupid war, and get major props from the emperor for getting revenge for his daughter. Maybe even get made a real knight looking at the new stuff. Vers has a nice slice of earth they can keep in any peace treaty and he can always find another girlfriend.
Slaine stay winning.

Kikirin

House of Five Leaves

I think I might be parroting myself here but the music is really neat and matches the tone of the show very well. Really good experience so far, hope this keeps up.
Gotta say, thanks for bringing up the series. Got me to listen to its fantastic soundtrack again.

Midonin

Chocotto Sister Advent Calendar Day 23

The answer to what Choco "is" has been in front of me the whole time. It just never quite clicked until the way this episode was put together made it obvious. Somehow or other, Santa must have found a way to take the little sister he never had and make her into a real person as a Christmas miracle. Though the laws of Santa's magic apparently make it so that peoples' memories and physical/digital records of her existence can be collectively wiped should something happen. That's probably reading into this in a way that wasn't intended, and the idea of "you don't know what you have until it's gone" has been done in countless other shows, but the circumstances of this one invite that kind of thought. All in all a heartwarming episode. As the show began at Christmas, so shall it end at Christmas. Just in time for Christmas!

Midonin

Trinity Seven 12 + Final Thoughts

Much better than Magical Warfare, but still not quite as thrill-inducing as High School DxD. I do like that Arata was able to be powered/competent without being a total asshole like Hagure Yuusha's Akatsuki. The girls themselves were pretty fun, too. I'm going to remember Levi the most for her Ayaneru and her ninja-ing, but Lilith, Lise, Selina, everybody had their moments. It was aiming to be a naughty fantasy action, and I got exactly what was promised. Nothing groundbreaking, but it provided something simple in the middle of the week before the more intense shows began airing. And it reminds me that I'm looking forward to BorN this coming Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom