• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Finally arrived
9N6HZwN.jpg

Amagi Brilliant Park 13

Aside from this episode feeling entirely out of place, I did enjoy it overall. The finished PV was a thing of beauty and the steps Tri went through in trying to get it made were mildly amusing. All and all the series falls as an average show. Not particularly bad or anything, but nothing special sticks out here and its one of those shows that I'll probably forget about except for the ED which I find to be one of my favorites of the year.

~wan

Beefeater

Banned
I was just recently re-directed to this thread so I figure I'll just make my presence official and drop off fifteen respective recommendations for those lurking:
I haven't been too involved with anime/manga fandom in nearly a decade so I'm currently in the process of amassing a large backlog of stuff that I need to revisit/watch. I'm always open to recommendations! I'd list of what I'm currently considering, but I'm faintly afraid the post will be too ginormous.
You should probably get a MAL account and start listing what you've watched, plan to watch, dropped etc. The site has a great comparison feature, so you can see how similar your tastes are and check out other shows you might like.

For what it's worth, we seem pretty compatible. Have a look at my list, you might find something interesting: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/goody2shoes

I still need to finish Infinite Ryvius, man I have a bad habit of starting something and getting fully engrossed in it only to just fall victim to things that always happen to occur around that time that prevents me from finishing said show in a timely manner.

I find that I can only watch anime and shows in general at night, with the lights off in total darkness when I'm relaxed...the only issues is I've been getting super tired really early these days. No more awake at 5am watching shows, I'm generally waking up at that time now!

Anyone else have this issue? I think it stems from me making everything like an 'event' and over hyping things, so when I watch something I have to have 100% concentration. I even keep track of when I watch things etc. Basically I'm weird and it means I have times where I just don't get to watch shows and complete them.

I also tend to only watch a single show at a time, and that goes for games too so I tend to have a huge backlog!

I want someone to reassure me, watching a show and taking a say week (or two?) long break mid-way isn't detrimental to my enjoyment right? I usually do so and still enjoy the show obviously but always get this idea in my head that I kind of break immersion or tension for lack of better words when doing so and thus hinder the overall impact of the show. Man the main question is why do I over think something as basic as watching shows lol! :p

While it doesn't make me anxious I do think about this occasionally and try to adjust the way I watch stuff in a way that suits it. For instance, some shows are much more suited to marathoning (like Attack on Titan) than to follow every week. Others, like Mononoke and Monogatari follow small arcs that I like to watch in one go, while Mushishi and Kino are great to watch once a day around bedtime.

Another habit I'll try to follow this coming season, is to only watch one non-episodic show at a time.

cajunator

Banned
You should probably get a MAL account and start listing what you've watched, plan to watch, dropped etc. The site has a great comparison feature, so you can see how similar your tastes are and check out other shows you might like.

For what it's worth, we seem pretty compatible. Have a look at my list, you might find something interesting: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/goody2shoes

While it doesn't make me anxious I do think about this occasionally and try to adjust the way I watch stuff in a way that suits it. For instance, some shows are much more suited to marathoning (like Attack on Titan) than to follow every week. Others, like Mononoke and Monogatari follow small arcs that I like to watch in one go, while Mushishi and Kino are great to watch once a day around bedtime.

Another habit I'll try to follow this coming season, is to only watch one non-episodic show at a time.

Unless Im fascinated with the story it usually takes me at least a couple hours to sort through an episode, pausing and unpausing as I see fit. Im terrible in regards to attention span.

Beefeater

Banned
You mean he should get a Hummingbird account so not only is he part of the Cool Kidz Club™ but it also gives him the option to become a Hummingbird Pro member!

Certainly I have nothing against Hummingbird and it has a lovely interface, but MAL seems to be the standard site people use for this sort of thing. AFAIK it has the largest anime database of the two as well, since it's been around so long.

As for the Pro membership thing, I don't see the big fuzz honestly. It's clearly just a little reward for donating to a free-to-use site. If people are donating just for rewards I think they're missing the point.

Unless Im fascinated with the story it usually takes me at least a couple hours to sort through an episode, pausing and unpausing as I see fit. Im terrible in regards to attention span.

Jeez, I thought I was bad for taking ages to finish some shows. At least I don't pause an episode unless something urgent comes up.

Amagi - 13

This felt kinda random after last episode. The majority of the cast got screen time with their inputs, so that was some closure I suppose.
Besides a few moments, I didn't find this particularly funny overall.

Beefeater

Banned
Giving Gurren Lagann and Cowboy Bebop a six. Ice cold.
Trigun and Bebop with the same score. Gross.
Monster: Masterpiece. 5/10.
Yeah, Trigun is a 4, or a 5 in a good day.
So is bebop.
Haha. CB's episodic style didn't appeal to me back when I was a testosterone addicted Attack on Titan fan. It will probably marinade into a 7 by the time I revisit it, if only for its aesthetics/presentation.
He gave Kino's Journey a 9. We can get along.
<3
Bakemonogatari got a 9
and Bebop got a 6

Is this real life
If it repairs my reputation, I had AoT as a 10 until just recently.

RightStuf holiday sale came in on Tuesday and I've got to say I'll be quite busy.
I also have to say that I am a terrible photographer

I know I'll be watching Solid State Society first in order to wrap up Stand Alone Complex, but what should I watch after that? I want to watch something I haven't seen in it's entirety so I would either choose El-Hazard, Summer Wars, Wolf Children, Megazone 23, Infinite Ryvius, Soul Eater, MazinKaiser or Shuten Doji. What do you think I should start with Anime-Gaf?

Ghost in a Shell SAC, Abenobashi, and Gun x Sword get. Waiting on Kino's Journey since it was on back order

Yu Yu Hakusho END of Vol 3

Showing us a none crap version of SAO before SAO was a thing, Chapter Black continues to be good due to it's rather unconventional set up compared to arcs before it, attempting to give the cast a test of morality in comparison to the due contents of the aformentioned Chapter Black
including killing children. Along with this, Kurama's mercilessness reaches a new level for me

Again I comment on the new OST, which gives it such an 80s vibe, and really enhances my enjoyment of this arc.

phaze

I do this. No one knows my tastes in anime!

The only way to be sure is to not have one !

I share mine openly and may bump Infinte Stratos up another point when I get home!

I need to actually check this show one of these days. The power of nopantsu in SW proved to strong for me but maybe I will fare better with IS.

Doesn't count. You didn't even rate most of those shows !

Ore Twintail ni Narimasu 04

I think I finally understand where all the praise for G-Reco is coming from. Having your brain scraped with a spoon does have a certain addictive quality to it.

Thoraxes

Finally arrived

Hell yeah. Got mine too (had Shinobu earlier though). Happy Januray 27th release date, cajun!

2014-12-2614.58.17ocqq1.jpg

Ratings are for fools. I only use Hummingbirds :( :| :) system.

I just use my mecha and bears-loving heart. It's the only guidance I need to know what I need to watch.
Genius Klim Nick is one of the greatest characters in the history of fiction.
His confidence in himself is amazing lol

Monster: Masterpiece. 5/10.

Haha. CB's episodic style didn't appeal to me back when I was a testosterone addicted Attack on Titan fan. It will probably marinade into a 7 by the time I revisit it, if only for its aesthetics/presentation.

<3

If it repairs my reputation, I had AoT as a 10 until just recently.

giphy.gif

e_i

Planetes episode 1-5

Way, way better than any series about space garbage men should be. Also, the parents in the fifth episode are stupid motherfuckers for attempting to do that.

Is Lord Marksman going to be 13 episodes? Whatever it is the show should be twice as long. It would be so much better if they showed all the events and action instead a bringing on a narrator every few minutes

e_i

Planetes episode 6

Space garbagemen meet NINJAS.

Planetes episode 7

Isn't that the VA for Sully in Uncharted? I didn't know there's a game called Bullshit.

Midonin

Today's Garo was just a special with the voice actors, some light banter. Though so many shows (that are more than one cour) are going on break, with New Years' coming up and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom