• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

lol

OyxV55S.gif

Compsiox

Banned
Idk if you're allowed to say but...

I love anime so much. It's the best thing ever. There is so much of it that is good unlike live action tv shows where most are terrible.

I just love it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Thanks for your time.

cajunator

Banned
Idk if you're allowed to say but...

I love anime so much. It's the best thing ever. There is so much of it that is good unlike live action tv shows where most are terrible.

I just love it soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Thanks for your time.

I agree fully.

Thoraxes

Amagi Brilliant Park - 13

At first I thought this episode sucked.

Then
the horse birth at the end happened, and was pretty detailed
so I started losing my shit laughing.

Been watching some Idolmaster...

Idolmaster 02
I can tell this is going to be a fun show. The songs are pretty good so far. Iori is trying too hard to be someone who she isn't and is very endearing in her misguided ways. The twins have that spark that could light a fire. The producer is best girl so far.

Idolmaster 03
It's hard as a budding idol. I'm not sure how this production company is even funded when they have no jobs beyond those found out in the sticks. Yukiho reactions when she is attacked by guys is pretty cute. I don't know how she can dream to be an idol when she can't be within a few meters of a guy. However, this little quirk seems to be resolved in this one episode.

Idolmaster 04
A cooking show? Wtf? And no musical number? Are they sure they work for an idol company?

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 51
Wow fantastic final Buddyfight episode of the year. Kittenshirt Noboru was excellent this episode. Becoming a dragonknight was an excellent evolution for him and I can only hope we get to see him go against Gao eventually again.

Kirie though, unexpected that he would turn out good again

Midonin

PriPara 26

Gloria has been allowed entry into the promised land, which allows for some odd changes to her vaccuum. It makes me think of the "I taught the toaster to feel love" scene in Futurama. Even weirder is that Meganii is fascinated with the vacuum, with Gloria mistaking it for being in love with her. Since Meganii is effectively immortal, I'm curious if Gloria may have had a crush on him in her Sugar days. Also what the possible economic bonuses of being a PriPara-affiliated school are.

PriPara must have gotten money from somewhere, because they just did a major expansion, complete with an outdoor area that includes a cute seal gondolier. I wonder if this is visible from the outside, given that PriPara may be an alternate dimension. Which brings us to the matter of Faruru.

She is, without a doubt, this series' Rinne, for her ability to do a performance that dwarfs everyone else while lacking in social skills. All she's been doing is imitating Lala before ascending to the stage. Her background had gears, a ballet/music box style instrumentation, and her Cyalume Change results in her getting a windup key on the back of her outfit. Her Making Drama channels Let It Go more than anything, but what I'm getting at is - is Faruru a cyborg? This franchise has never really had cyborgs, but it's never had crossdressers either, so, first time for everything.

Last episode before the new year, and I have so many questions. That's a good thing.

Lol not Aldnoah Zero by the way. There was a film that had his name under it. It was 3D animated and starred (what looked like) a teen girl and an older bearded man with a guitar if Im to believe the posters. Need to find the MAL entry.

Yu Yu Hakusho Disc 2 of Vol 4 Three Kings Arc START

The more I watch of this arc, the more I ultimately question what I said about Chapter Black
primarily that I feel as if I was thinking about the Demon descendent thing not being foreshadowed well, which is rather traditional. So I opted to think about how Yusuke has fared in normal life over the course of the series.

I almost feel like doing a complete write up about how I feel about each character, but I might save that for later.

I'm aware that this arc ends rather shortly for various reasons, which is unfortunate, because there's an odd sensation of fascination that I have with the buildup that will ultimately be unfulfillable.

Oddly enough, Hiei's portion of the arc was rather captivating to me for some reason

Move onward, I think all I can really say right now is that I don't feel as if characters were ever really wasted, and there's a strange sense of appreciation to Keiko as I grow to understand why she was at places where she shouldn't have been. YYH is actually making me think, despite being rather simple in comparison to Yu Yu Hakusho, and shounen animes rarely make me do that whatsoever. It's probably what makes me think the general cast in YYH is rather captivating to me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Probably wont be able to vote on this one. Since all I've watched that came out this year was Knights of Sidonia and Kill la Kill.

Sounds terrible.

You should watch Pupipo, which is less than an hour long in total!

VRMN

Amagi Brilliant Park was a pretty enjoyable, if occasionally aggrivating, series. It had a level of inconsistency to the comedy that kind of detracted from some really good moments throughout the series. Nonetheless, it's still the best show KyoAni has done since Hyouka. Unfortunately, that's not saying all that much.

The finale was kind of pointless comedy in a way that much of the first 2/3 of the series was, in typical KyoAni fashion, really. It was also one of the weaker of such episodes, so it's going out on a lowlight, but it wasn't painfully bad, at least. KyoAni has this way of making me wish their shows ended one or two episodes earlier than they actually did.

Still, when the series was on, it was really very funny. It just tended to follow up those brilliant episodes with rather dull ones; almost like it had two different writing staffs and only one of them was any good. It made me wish the show was better, because the characters were very enjoyable, including much of the minor cast. You just can't have a good comedy when half the show isn't particularly funny, even if it never descended to painfully bad.

The animation, acting, and assorted production values were what I expect from KyoAni. The fanservice was kind of surprising to see out of them, but it managed to be restrained enough to not be off putting. The great visuals and music did help lift the show up in its more unfunny moments and, ultimately, the plot behind the show was better executed than I was expecting, at least insofar as it didn't bother me that it was included. It's the first show that KyoAni has done in a long time that I wouldn't mind them coming back to. That, in and of itself, is an accomplishment after a couple years of mediocrity from the studio. 7/10

Hi*Scoool Seha Girls (END)

I really enjoyed this series, especially having grew up with a Sega Genesis over an SNES in my elementary years.
anthem_zpse0a87314.jpg

I can't believe it's already over.

cajunator

Banned
Planetes episode 12

Don't get inbetween Fee and her cigs. She'll fuck you up.

Lol dont mess with Fee's cigarettes under threat of death.

Just finished watching Shinsekai Yori/From the New World, and damn was the second half a roller coaster of awesome.

Yeah it held together and maintained its focus with all those goings on. No easy feat with so many characters and storylines to explore.

That is terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom