• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I know you guys hate MAL and stuff but the actual website seems easier to use than Hummingbird.

Nagi no Asukara - 10

Am really enjoying this series by now. I wouldn't call it great yet but it's certainly competent. Hikari has had quite a bit of character growth by now and I'm especially grateful he admitted being ignorant to Manaka's own feelings. The relationship drama is nothing unheard of with the usual love triangles, it is, however, well enough executed. It rarely stumbles into melodrama and I can empathize with most characters well enough.

World building is decent as well, although I'm usually not a fan of gods and spirits. I wonder if there's more than just some upset water god behind the supposedly upcoming calamity, but time will tell.

Visuals on average are on a high level too. The show's really pretty and scenery and some detailed facial animation stand out in particular.

His confidence in himself is amazing lol

It's easy to have confidence in yourself when you're such an unparalleled genius.

B5RWUbrCMAEwpMC.jpg:large

just caught up with Prison School manga (read all that 4 days and I don't read manga often..) that was pretty... good so far. The comedy is mostly on point even though it is just mostly trashy comedy it's very well done, there are some very brilliant and well executed moments, it's definitely not another trash smut (or at least I like to think so right now! lol). I enjoy the continuity of the events and all the small things that happen and later return to play their role for those aha moments.

I'm very much looking forward to the anime now, it's very challenging to get this right and I don't mean just the censorship problems, the delivery, acting and it demands a whole lot of style in direction. I hope we get it. Censorship problems though damn Meiko scenes are gonna be so hard to bring to TV...

Yeah, adapting it will be hard. The execution of scenes is so on point, and the art is really beneficial to a lot of scenes.
And it's inherently overly sexual, the VP might as well be a walking censor bar.
But the right team and director could do wonders.

phaze

No, phaze, no. Stay whole.

It's way too late for me. I've seen stuff and this stuff includes Nisemonogatari.

Pantsu janai kara hazukashiku nai mon!
P.S. Guessing you got to episode 7?

I think I got to third or fourth episode before bolting out. For reasons I actually really wanted to get to 10th ep of the 2nd season (I think) but I was just too weak.

Theonik

It's way to late for me. I've seen stuff and this stuff includes Nisemonogatari.

I think I got to third or fourth episode before bolting out. For reasons I actually really wanted to get to 10th ep of the 2nd season (I think) but I was just too weak.
Episode 7 of both seasons are The top sillyness eps. Season 1's 'Nice and Breezy' is based on a real story as well.
That said, season 2 is better than Season one in almost every way. Narag and others can attest. But both seasons require a very specific set of tolerances to get through.

I know you guys hate MAL and stuff but the actual website seems easier to use than Hummingbird.

I think the reason most prefer Hummingbird is that when you look at your list you actually know what everything is.

I have an account on both but rarely update either.

cajunator

Banned
Planetes episode 1-5

Way, way better than any series about space garbage men should be. Also, the parents in the fifth episode are stupid motherfuckers for attempting to do that.

Planetes episode 6

Space garbagemen meet NINJAS.

Planetes episode 7

Isn't that the VA for Sully in Uncharted? I didn't know there's a game called Bullshit.

Lol he does kind of! I guess you just saw the silly moon episode.
this show will make you really care for these characters and their story. Might wanna marathon this one.

Bebop is the only TV series I have at a 10.

Haibane Renmei?

Yu Yu Hakusho Disc 1 of Vol 4 CHAPTER BLACK END

And now, I see the part in where I knew some info about this arc
and in particular, Yusuke's lineage to a S-class demon. Despite knowing this fact, I'm still trying to figure out how this was foreshadowed, there could be details throw about in the past, but even then, you would probably consider it throwaway under normal circumstances. It is also a complete opposite to how this arc played out; territorial fights with special rules that became rather unorthodox compared to the original fights before Chapter Black began. An evolution if you will, of how YYH used to be.

That being said, given the manga spoilers, and a particular scene that occured, there will be bigger differences than there already was. But that's for another time. More importantly, it concluded the roles of every "villian" involved with Sensui, even giving us their blood type, and this arc still felt like yet another change of pace, given the initial Spirit Detective adventures, the Tournaments, and Human Hijinx over a VHS tape. It also brought forth a new Hiei and Kurama, granted both of their changes were hinted well before time. As for Yusuke, he merely becomes more accepting of Keiko, while even more distant due to the understanding of his lineage.

Time to see how this gets resolved in the next and final arc of the anime.

At least we only have to suffer 10 episodes.
Argh you remind me of this STUPIDITY
10 ep seasons are the worst
those character designs are vile. couldn't they have hired a doujin artist?

Much better in the books

Yes it's ultra stupid story
forced horniest by magic that fruther power-up the cast the more horny they are

"The Testament of Sister New Devil" is a very, very LN title.
bad engrish that sound cool in japanese , but make no sense in english. BUt at least all the keywords are there .

Midonin

Ladies and gentlemen, your Go! Princess Precure cast:

Haruka/Flora - Yuu Shimamura (Aida in G-Reco)
Minami/Mermaid - Masumi Asano (Izumi in He Is My Master, Hakufu in Ikkitousen)
Kirara/Twinkle - Hibiku Yamamura (Haruna in Arpeggio)

For the fairies, Pafu is Nao Toyama (Chiho in Maou-sama, Kanon in KamiNomi), Aroma is Shiho Kokido, and Prince Kanata is Shinnosuke Tachibana (Minato in Sekirei, Tomoe in Kamisama Hajimemashita)

cajunator

Banned

For the fairies, Pafu is Nao Toyama (Chiho in Maou-sama, Kanon in KamiNomi), Aroma is Shiho Kokido, and Prince Kanata is Shinnosuke Tachibana (Minato in Sekirei, Tomoe in Kamisama Hajimemashita)

Hnnnnnnng

Midonin

Also, Testament is 12 episodes. There are 6 DVDs registered.

2/3rds of Trident are Cures now. (And both Yellow cures, at that.) If Manami Numakura can be cast for a future season, it'll make a complete set.

HARUKA KANATA

Also, Testament is 12 episodes. There are 6 DVDs registered.

2/3rds of Trident are Cures now. (And both Yellow cures, at that.) If Manami Numakura can be cast for a future season, it'll make a complete set.

12 !!

Praise the guy who made that decision . he deserve a raise for being normal.

cajunator

Banned
Most Kadokawa anime have something close to 11 episodes with all the OVAs that come out these days anyway.

thats almost not terrible!

Planetes episode 10

Serious shit. So the woman in the beginning is
Yuri's wife.

yeah It gets quite serious which you wouldnt expect given how the show started.

Non Non Biyori 2nd season key visual, small but non potato camera quality

Squeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom