• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Fate/Stay Night UBW - Prologue, Episode 1
Decided to jump in on this, even though its not done airing. I've heard mixed things. I guess the obvious thing is that the animation is incredible. Easily on par with Korra. Those fight scenes in the first two episodes were great.

But okay, that was obvious.

I was surprised at how different it feels. So much more light hearted. F/SN was very serious most of the time. Honestly, I'm ok with this as it made the show more enjoyable. Characters had personality. Characters were cracking jokes. The first episode wasn't just a twenty minute exposition dump like in F/Z. And I enjoyed the nods to the original show.

But I did have some issues. Mainly: the high school setting, dear god why. F/Z may have taken place in japan but at least it wasn't centred around a fucking highschool. Oh and that monotone side character? Fuck her. But at least she is just a side character. Oh and I don't think the word "Senpai" was used nearly enough. If I don't hear it ever 30 seconds I get ansy.

Overall, it was enjoyable. Its a shame about the setting being focused around a higschool. Such a shame. But I can tolerate it, at least for one more anime.

But I swear no more after that.

tumblr_inline_nh7j05SnE31r49cgr.gif

I feel like Shintaro Kago did something like this.

jgminto

So what's the deal with shows that have different named seasons like Gundam Build Fighters and Yowamushi Pedal for AOTY? Are they grouped together or separate?

wonzo

Banned
So what's the deal with shows that have different named seasons like Gundam Build Fighters and Yowamushi Pedal for AOTY? Are they grouped together or separate?
i'd say its based on a case by case basis. yowapeda gr's p. much the same as the first season and try's its own thing

Yowamushi Pedal's second season has the same staff and is telling the same continuous story as the first season, whereas GBF Try has different staff and is telling a separate story from the first season, so I would group the former and separate the latter. That's what I'll do anyway.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

The way I see it:

Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road is a continuation of whatever plot was started in Yowamushi Pedal.

Gundam Build Fighters Try simply takes place in the same universe as Gundam Build Fighters, in the same way Gundam and Gundam Zeta are distinct, if connected, entities. Or, more recently, Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusader.

So you vote for Yowamushi as a whole, and vote for Gundam separately, because I'm totally not rigging the votes in GBF S1's favor, nope.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Corvo is the last person in the world qualified for calling someone out for saying a good show is worse than Gundam Age. Didn't he say Age was better than RahXephon?

Yeah but he hates that because he considers it a straight ripoff/plagiarized copy of Eva.

womp womp

I did thank you!
My Moms side of the family is really the good kind of crazy. They are just incredibly fun outgoing, energetic people and you would love them to death.
Makes every family gathering a joyful one. I feel very fortunate.

Good to hear. I know you were having some squabbles with your old man. Glad to see you still had the most of it.

BTW guys, if you send me £30 (a year) I'll give you a special badge you can apply to your avatar to show everyone you are a special club member of the special club.

oh oh does our money go towards buying trophies for the winners of AotY and shipping them to them

i seriously want to do this. they'd get the trophies at the studios and be like "NeoGAF? What the fuck is this? *trashcan*"

_ rule of AnimeGAF - Never disclose your MAL/Hummingbird account.

whatever, don't give a fuck. give it out for gaf secret santa anyways

I share mine openly and may bump Infinte Stratos up another point when I get home!

s3 plox?

Well WELL i guess i needed to know what would be the next perverted/eichi /borderline hentai Light novel that would be adapted into anime

By Kadokawa

words cannot describe how awful and copycat this looks

Tthat could end about 30 different ways. All of them badly.
does he think he's Kintaro Oe?

No one can be Kintaro, no matter how much they study

They cried 'chaos.' We are merely the dogs of war. Also, Korra and RWBY for 1 and 2, anime is shit.

S-Cry-Ed 01-07

I got watchbetted this by a friend and...I don't know if I like this show or not. It's kind of weird and very early 2000's so I'm intrigued to keep watching.
It's like a mix of Needless and Stands from JoJo, which sounds like it would be awesome for me, but I'm not feeling it very much.

And what the fuck does S-Cry-Ed even mean? Is it just nonsense or is it important?

Also there is a character called Straight Cougar. I had to check and see if Tomino was involved in this after I heard his name.
He is the best character. He is like Sonic the Hedgehog in man form.

Rhapsody

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park 13

Well that episode was kinda meh. I guess I shouldn't have been expecting much, since this episode felt more of an extra. The comedy wasn't really all the great for me for this episode.

Amagi 13 End

Felt like an OVA special than a conclusion, which was last week's. Well, I guess they wanted to end it with a horse giving birth, so whatever floats their boat I suppose.

jbug617

Banned
More Grisaia coming in the Spring.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-27/2-more-grisaia-visual-novels-get-tv-anime/.82664

The February issue of Mag Garden's Comic Garden magazine is announcing on January 5 that a television anime adaptation of the two remaining games in Frontwing's Grisaia visual novel trilogy has been green-lit. The anime of The Labyrinth of Grisaia (Grisaia no Meikyū/Le Labyrinthe de la Grisaia) fan disc/prequel and The Eden of Grisaia (Grisaia no Rakuen/Le Eden de la Grisaia) sequel will premiere at the end of March on the Tokyo MX, Sun TV, KBS Kyoto, BS11, and AT-X channels. The first episode will be a 60-minute special.

Psycho Pass any good?

first season is more than decent enough as a sci fi dystopian noir anime, and while it gets a lot of criticism in this community it still is enjoyable. Psycho Pass 2 is more divisive from what I've seen but I can't give you advice on it as I refuse to watch it after seeing the impressions from people in the thread.

Quasar

So there's a series (and I assume a LN series) called 'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?'

This amuses me.

Haruka Tomatsu has been cast, so i guess I'll be trying it at least.

Jex

If I see any AOTY lists which feature GBF:TRY but not GBF I won't be best pleased.

Let us just say those people will be on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom