• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you watch dem Ghiblis right, maybe this is the best year for anime movi since millenium change just for that two film.

Oh yeah. Was The Wind Rises this year? Guess I might rank that. Didn't watch the other Ghibli film. The princess folklore one. Don't know if it's available on blu-ray in the west. Should probably check.

Jex

Thank God, someone's finally linked this. I swear I've been reading you lot talking about it and have had absolutely no idea how to find it ("wonder anime" turns up Spirit of Wonder, most of the time, in Google). I will finally get around to watching this later today!
It doesn't 'Google' very easily. Independent animation is clearly on the same level of the Deep Web as Heroin and Hitmen.

Anyway, RE: AOTY, as long as people are unhappy with the compromise then Haly has basically done the right thing. I mean, personally, I'll struggle to fill the top 10 of TV considering how weak TV anime has been lately.

fertygo

It doesn't 'Google' very easily. Independent animation is clearly on the same level of the Deep Web as Heroin and Hitmen.

Anyway, RE: AOTY, as long as people are unhappy with the compromise then Haly has basically done the right thing. I mean, personally, I'll struggle to fill the top 10 of TV considering how weak TV anime has been lately.

Watch Yama no Susume already!

Gintama 039

mAsOMjG.jpg

Katsura dishes out some just desserts.

Elizabeth goes through some rough times and a trailer for the upcoming arc, eh?

I was looking for an excuse to remove NGNL from my top 10, and somebody gave it to me with Hunter x Hunter. Nothing against NGNL I still enjoyed it, but the fan service and how uncomfortable it made me makes it hard to rank it simply out of a "nothing better I watched" excuse. Also since I completely skipped out the last arc in HxH I forgot it aired in 2014. Gotta watch it.

Log horizon
This week was an alright episode . Akatsuki "royal guard" system was hilarous ..and it's now obvious that tetra , ai mean tetra-chan is there for the meyhem and the fun but only to a certain point.

Nyanta was faced to the most dreadfull situation that Log horizon ever faced was cool and Serara remains the purest !

Ah that flavor text is trully scary in many ways ...

Excellent episode.

Not going to comment on that scene in that other guild, that appetizer was there to remind you that log horizon still stay log horizon ...
Can't wait to see how they will animate the events in the china server :)

Everything is slowing gearing up for an incredible finish.

cj_iwakura

Psycho Pass 13-14

I love where the show's going, the slow descent into civilization going haywire.

It kind of feels like a cyberpunk show, despite how 'clean' everything is.

Like Deus Ex HR, sort of.

Heh, I was about to post how hard is being for me to pick the 10th position.
I have 4 "good ones", and 4 or 5 that are just decentish or good but flawed, so yeah it wasn't the best year ever. But I'm struggling to choose something for the 10th post, even lowering the level to decent.

I'm choosing between

Hanamonogatari
I can't understand what my husband is saying
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Cross Ange

and I think in the end I will pick
Cross Ange, lol.

Thank God, someone's finally linked this. I swear I've been reading you lot talking about it and have had absolutely no idea how to find it ("wonder anime" turns up Spirit of Wonder, most of the time, in Google). I will finally get around to watching this later today!

Wonzo mentioned it, but yeah, like you I was having trouble finding it.

Is part of a french animation compilation, right?

GrandHusk

Inou Battle 12 End

tumblr_nh2mye5D701tss4lfo1_500.gif

That looks painful
I am disappointed. I was expecting this show to get interesting after the ep 6, but it never stopped being a slice of life with a harem on top.

Andou was at least a very interesting chuuni
even if he suffers form the harem protagonist disease
, the girls had your typical archetypes of a harem anime but I have to accept that Hatoko surprised me when she started screaming at Andou, it gave me feels seeing her snapping like that.
tumblr_nh0adisMJa1rpste2o1_1280.jpg

Well at least Mirei appeared in the last chapter again so I can't complain about that.
Hopefully if there's a second season
they make the war a more central aspect of the plot, I have no problem with the romance continuing but there's stuff happening in this universe and I want to know more about it.

Oh! and give Mirei more screen time pls.

I should start JoJo Stardust Crusaders and finish Jowapedal next.

Heh, I was about to post how hard is being for me to pick the 10th position.
I have 4 "good ones", and 4 or 5 that are just decentish or good but flawed, so yeah it wasn't the best year ever. But I'm struggling to choose something for the 10th post, even lowering the level to decent.

I'm choosing between

Hanamonogatari
I can't understand what my husband is saying
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Cross Ange

and I think in the end I will pick
Cross Ange, lol.

You don't have to list 10 TV shows.

cajunator

Banned
Inou Battle 12 End

I am disappointed. I was expecting this show to get interesting after the ep 6, but it never stopped being a slice of life with a harem on top.

, the girls had your typical archetypes of a harem anime but I have to accept that Hatoko surprised me when she started screaming at Andou, it gave me feels seeing her snapping like that.

they make the war a more central aspect of the plot, I have no problem with the romance continuing but there's stuff happening in this universe and I want to know more about it.

This!

Ping Pong - 01

That artsyle, took the majority of the episode for me to get used to it. Promising start, don't feel much for Smile for now, but I feel he's destined for great things.
Peco is hilarious, and the match between him and China was great. China and his manager(?), hearing the sounds of Smile VS Peco and reading the situation was cool.

Hi-sCool! Seha Girls 05

That's some pretty obscure game there.

And everything gets better with puyo puyo, except Virtua Fighter.
Well you can try but making something better than virtua fighter is very hard :p

Inou Battle 12 End

Everything bolded is actually what the rest of the material is about.
And yes more mirei

So start your offerings to the trigger god , so he can give you more ( after LWA2 is finished of course )

Nagi no Asukara - 14

Poor Chisaki, her family and three best friends are all sleeping under the sea while she's the only one left above.

As expected we skip ahead a couple of years, 5 in this case, and the hibernation prevented aging which now creates some extremely interesting social circumstances. I mean the teenager (Hisaki) Chisaki was and probably still is in love with just awoke atop the ice and isn't only physically 5 years younger than her but also mentally. After all he 'skipped' the 5 years. Meanwhile Miuna who used to be infatuated with him (which also never changed much it appears) is now roughly the same age...

I wonder what'll or has exactly to Manaka and Kaname, as well as the rest of the sea folk.

One complaint I have, the visuals do not represent the aging well enough imo. While I was suspecting it I simply couldn't tell for sure that Chisaki actually aged since last episode. Even when it was clear that she did, she doesn't really seem quite 5 years older. The facial structure is just too similar.

TUSR

Banned
Inou Battle 12 End

The Trigger newsletter heavily indicated that this was it for an Inou Battle anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom