• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

Dahbomb

Any news on when the Nemo vs FChamp MM will go down? It wasn't listed in the schedule so I am assuming it's happening off stream/salty suite.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
and that funny pokemon animation when Jago beat Mike Ross

Can't find the video but it was godlike. I was dying when Jago was using effective moves on all of the players.

Any news on when the Nemo vs FChamp MM will go down? It wasn't listed in the schedule so I am assuming it's happening off stream/salty suite.

If I heard correctly, Champ said he wanted to hold the MM after NWM.

Dahbomb

If I heard correctly, Champ said he wanted to hold the MM after NWM.
Like right after NWM or some other event after NWM?

I mean it's pretty obvious he's using Apologyman to scout additional data on him. I figured it would be after the tournament because he doesn't want Apologyman to download him for the actual tournament.

Also everyone at FGTV listed Justin Wong as their favorite Marvel 3 player (except Marn he listed himself as #1):

3ogswj.jpg

Shouta

Now this will be interesting, especially after Tokido's performance at the CafeID tournament.

Am I allowed to spam heart emoticons? <3

It's even more hype when you read it carefully. =P

Tokido in town for NWM? crazy

Lord Shouta, is there anyway to know what pool I'm in for AE? or does that get assigned the day of the tournament? Trying to figure out when I have to drive down there.

I think they're trying to get them up on Challonge tonight.

I haven't heard anything myself. I'd assume Salty Suite on Saturday or so.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Like right after NWM or some other event after NWM?

I mean it's pretty obvious he's using Apologyman to scout additional data on him. I figured it would be after the tournament because he doesn't want Apologyman to download him for the actual tournament.

Also everyone at FGTV listed Justin Wong as their favorite Marvel 3 player (except Marn he listed himself as #1):

3ogswj.jpg

Directly after NWM, probably in a suite. Hope they stream it.

Now I'm depressed because I remember how this Bar Fights was rigged.... They faked the hype.

xCobalt

Yeah, Mike will always be bad at Marvel but the fact that they staged it is disheartening.

I don't mind. It produced a lot of entertaining stuff. I never really saw it as a rivalry. They just looked like two friends who were always chirping one another. If there was actually any animosity, Mike wouldn't have had Jago on Cross Counter Live those 1 or 2 times.

mbpm1

I thought Cap 2 was pretty good. Only problem is that The Raid 2 came out and it made me forgot about it due to it being totally fucking awesome.

I actually thought the Raid 2 was overall not as good as the first one. It just went on for too long and had less fights per second it felt like.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Every single FGC players stream needs to have sub song requests like PR Rogs does, it's such a cool feature.

I am looking at you, Aquasilk.

Dahbomb

FGTV put out like 20 different lists for Marvel 3 (ranging from best players, most potential, entertaining, frauds etc). The only one that merits discussion is their top 10 best overall list (where they all agreed on it).

1) ChrisG
2) Justin Wong (big debate over putting Justin #1 based on raw skill)
3) FChamp
4) Flocker
5) PRBalrog

Next 5 spots were in heavy contention:

RayRay, Apologyman, Cloud805, Yipes, Nemo and Neo.

IMO top 5 is accurate (I mean it's pretty much impossible to dispute based on results) but 6-10 is highly debatable. IMO Nemo and Neo based on results should be far below the other 3. Yipes has gotten some top 8s and won some tournaments same as RayRay and Apologyman, although out of these 3 Apologyman has won the biggest tournament so he could very well be #6 ranked. Cloud has gotten multiple top 8s but he hasn't won a major yet out of these 4 players he got top 8 at EVO. After that I would rank Neo as he has gotten a bunch of top 8s. Nemo only pops into the equation if you start weighing in Korean and Japanese tournaments plus money matches and raw skill.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ CJ's losing streaks at FGTV.

31 straight losses against FChamp.
28 against PRRog.
24 against ShadyK.
21 against Yipes.

My god...

Blackage

LMAO @ CJ's losing streaks at FGTV.

31 straight losses against FChamp.
28 against PRRog.
24 against ShadyK.
21 against Yipes.

My god...

Is CJ proof that hard work can't overcome talent? I mean he's been training with Champ and Shady K and so many others for so long now. :(

Tekniqs

I didn't see that because the archives weren't loading properly. Although I think they uploaded it on Youtube so I am going to watch that soon.

link please! I assume Yipes is using team Nemo to help FChamp prepare? wouldn't it be wild if Nemo shows up with a brand new team?

Top Bottom