• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

Dahbomb

I just noticed that Shoryuken updated their rankings for UMVC3.

Everything seems to be in order... until you see who #9 is. I am not really shocked considering he placed a lot in many East Coast tournament but I thought the decay factor was in play? He hasn't placed much in anything recent.

Checked his stats and I was right... he hasn't placed in anything for 2014 but in 2013 he had a hell of a run. Won two international tournaments (one in Canada, one at World Game Cup) and got many top 8 finishes.

Dat difference between gods and non gods though... about twice as much difference. 4107 of PRRog vs 2307 of Yipes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
apologyman should switch to 3D fighters and change his handle to apolygonman IMO
1384277198339.gif

Dahbomb

I love these SRK stats and rankings.

We can now objectively call Viscant the most washed up player in UMVC3 based on empirical data. The difference between his base score and adjusted score is RIDICULOUS... easily the biggest difference out of any other player. Infrit would be the 2nd most in terms of biggest drop.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I love these SRK stats and rankings.

We can now objectively call Viscant the most washed up player in UMVC3 based on empirical data. The difference between his base score and adjusted score is RIDICULOUS... easily the biggest difference out of any other player. Infrit would be the 2nd most in terms of biggest drop.

Be careful, Viscant might read these and challenge you Kappa

Dahbomb

Be careful, Viscant might read these and challenge you Kappa
Challenge me for what? I am not calling him out.. I am reporting empirical data. If there was ever a metric for judging if a player is "washed up" or not then Viscant fits that bill the most out of any other MVC3 player.

If he has a problem then he should have a chat with the folks at SRK for their ranking system.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Challenge me for what? I am not calling him out.. I am reporting empirical data. If there was ever a metric for judging if a player is "washed up" or not then Viscant fits that bill the most out of any other MVC3 player.

If he has a problem then he should have a chat with the folks at SRK for their ranking system.

I had a Kappa in my statement Dahbomb... I was only kidding.

Jazz-ism

Banned
srks world ranking data is not (at all) without its flaws. please stop this dahbomb

go back to stroking justins wiener please. viscant doesnt deserve any of this!

Dahbomb

srks world ranking data is not (at all) without its flaws. please stop this dahbomb
I didn't say it was perfect... but it's the best we got right now.

And even if we had a perfect system... Viscant would still be the most washed up MVC3 player. And this is coming from someone who is a huge Viscant fan.

Anth0ny

oh man dieminion is going to pick up smash

if he plays melee I can see him becoming a godly jiggs or peach player. especially with that m2k/armada training

sorry to hear there was no marvel tourney, i feel bad for the players and spectators who miss their game. i've been there, it sucks

Dahbomb

I think it's kinda late for him to pick up Melee. If he's going to pick up Smash then he will probably try the newest one (Smash Wii U).

Dahbomb

sorry to hear there was no marvel tourney, i feel bad for the players and spectators who miss their game. i've been there, it sucks
NYC Marvel scene has mostly moved to Bum's place now. That's where most people go to play some Marvel.

Besides there was no shortage of Marvel this week... Yipes at FGTV has yielded a lot of excellent sets.

Dahbomb

It's never too late to pick up Melee.
I meant from a competitive standpoint. Most people who still play Melee are probably insanely good and anyone new to the scene would get lit up instantly.

But it's Dieminion though and he's insanely talented so who knows.

It's cool. Personally, I only watch the big Marvel events these days. I primarily watch to learn more about my own characters and their matchups, and they are all pretty infrequently played...

Infinite

I meant from a competitive standpoint. Most people who still play Melee are probably insanely good and anyone new to the scene would get lit up instantly.

But it's Dieminion though and he's insanely talented so who knows.

My friend who goes by the Moon picked up the game like in 2012 for the first and is a top player in the scene. It's not too late.

Top Bottom