• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

It feels like whatever they did to Elena to make her "not broken" like she was in the beta builds ended up going too far. Given that she's supposed to be a poke character dealing damage off single hits and short strings, they just don't seem to be doing enough damage in the current game in the footage we've seen so far. (Harder to speak to if any of the frame changes are contributing because we just don't have the before/after data.)

Bad character design has no easy fix.

onionfrog

yo Peter "....not yet..." Rosas still remembers this game exists? Awesome
Man that "not yet" was the biggest troll. It's nice to see Combofiend play the game though.
----------------
That's really weird, what build are you using? My weapons rarely did they ever break since I was an int/faith build with a melee weapon infused with magic. You might wanna level grind and respec yourself cause your suppose to be able to kill these guy in at least three hits by now.
Dexterity build. My main weapon is a Falchion +4. I understand dex weapons got nerfed pretty bad in DS2. I end up needing a second weapon to get through the mobs on my way up to the boss. I should probably upgrade a second weapon. A plain Scimitar is pretty damn weak in comparison.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Man that "not yet" was the biggest troll. It's nice to see Combofiend play the game though.
----------------

Dexterity build. My main weapon is a Falchion +4. I understand dex weapons got nerfed pretty bad in DS2. I end up needing a second weapon to get through the mobs on my way up to the boss. I should probably upgrade a second weapon. A plain Scimitar is pretty damn weak in comparison.

Nah man, you got it wrong. Dex weapons are still good, use rapiers and upgrade them. They attack fast and have decent range. Falchion has too many animation frames to be useful in close combat. The backstabs on rapiers are immaculate too.

Horseress

If you ask him about it he says he doesn't know what game you're talking about but then as you pass him, dejected, he gets close and whispers to you

Hail Vergil

This is probably his wallpaper

Helm_breaker.jpg

On a side note: DAMN this game looks amazing,

Blackage

This is probably his wallpaper

On a side note: DAMN this game looks amazing,

Last gen 720p/60FPS game, one of the few, and it does look gorgeous. Wish Marvel let Capcom keep the license just a little longer so they could "milk" it for a next gen port @ 1080p, and 60FPS on all stages as opposed to Tron Winter/Training Stage.

Also one of the reasons I hope PS4 gets Ultra SFIV, more stage variety.

soakrates

Got back from Sega Cup last night. It was an awesome event overall, even if Itazan gave me the worst ass-whupping of my life.

Well, continuing on in the talk about education, my first Calc 2 midterm did not go well. If I didn't have to get out a draft of a midterm paper today in order to get a half grade up on the whole thing and then work on a CS program, I'd be studying for that right now >.>

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Oh man, you guys haven't rage quitted? I forget that From nerfed the bosses like crazy in the patches. Not that these are spoilers or anything.

I'm trying to go but I got no ride to get there -_-

Anybody here going to ECT or is it just going to be nobody....?

Where in Puget Sound are you? I can grab you if you're on the way.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I don't find the PC comp to be all that great honestly, I prefer to play IRL at this point, because I've never had a 360 and the PS3 is garbage for online play.

RecklessWolf

Neo Member
I've been hearing people trash PSN online since its been out, but I've never heard an explanation for why. I think its pretty overblown and really matters on your distance and internet speeds.

Oh and I'll be on AE in about 20 minutes if you can wait on PSN. Ha

I've been hearing people trash PSN online since its been out, but I've never heard an explanation for why. I think its pretty overblown and really matters on your distance and internet speeds.

I think it's because people mostly use a wireless connection(it only supports G) on it..

Nyoro SF

I think it's because people mostly use a wireless connection(it only supports G) on it..

Yep.

People playing on wireless with their 12-person extended family all sharing the same router 100m away attempting to play fighters online are the much higher norm on PSN.

I mean, not even HAUNTS knew that wireless streaming introduces latency before he began his little stint for Capcom. :)

Onemic

It has nothing to do with the PSN network itself, but everything to do with peoples connection choice on PSN(wireless) vs Live or PC.

The Crow King

Neo Member
Who else from GAF is going to NWM? I'll be there as a spectator (I gave up playing FGs long ago; lack of time & lack of reaction / coordination time) watching. MarkMan, you making it?

I'll be going, to play in AE. I'm just an online vega monster though, so no hope of doing well.

I'm mainly going because the venue is 15 minutes away and haven't been to a tournament since the early days of MvC2.

Also I want to scope out Decapre and see if she is going to be good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's not just the online, it's also the input lag. I won't even play the PS3 version offline anymore. It's okay when you're a scrub and you don't bother with 2 frame links and such but when get to a level where you want to do those things consistently and it's out of your control, yes. PS3 version is trash. That being said, even the PC and 360 versions get out of hand sometimes with the lag so basically take online play for what it is and don't take it seriously. Hopefully when Capcom does decide to release the next-gen ports they fix these issues and improve the netcode while they are at it.

Kumubou

Why bother posting the dumb comments of some random guy from Twitter? You may as well be trying to read Youtube comments.

Brett Awesome

Neo Member
Why does it matter who he is, what he's saying is completely right. The FGC, at least in the English-speaking world, is pretty much as vulgar as it gets. No tv station would ever pick up the kind of niche fanbase that relishes in stuff like 'Chub Li'.

vulva

Why does it matter who he is, what he's saying is completely right. The FGC, at least in the English-speaking world, is pretty much as vulgar as it gets. No tv station would ever pick up the kind of niche fanbase that relishes in stuff like 'Chub Li'.
Who are you?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac

Hey, guess what, every competitive gaming group has scumbags.

Kumubou

That's only because there's not enough money in competitive fighting games to afford PR staff for the pro players.

Toxi

Banned
That was a great Combo/Apologyman set. I haven't seen She-Hulk played in ages.
She looks like she's very fair, which is kinda unfortunate when you're fighting Firebrand.

It's too bad people played her in vanilla; if she flew under the radar, she might have gotten more buffs.

Brett Awesome

Neo Member
Hey, guess what, every competitive gaming group has scumbags.

The FGC relishes in it way more than others. Some of the best/funniest moments in the FGC's history would never be allowed/would never have been allowed to happen in a tv environment.

Not that i don't love those moments and think they're hilarious, but you're never getting away with Chris Hu talking about 'nigga specials' or stuff like that. The FGC on tv if it ever happens would look like the ESGN stuff and the majority of people hated how sterile that was.

And that's just from the players/onscreen guys, the fanbase as a whole is just riduculously racist/sexist with it. Put any girl in the background of a streamed event and just look at the comments. Or any time a black guy plays.

Top Bottom