• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

K.Sabot

Makoto still not top 5 : (

Her problems are just too great to be overcome by mixup I guess.

Well, they technically nerfed her neutral game options as well.

Jazz-ism

Banned
Well then.
TWJ1lm6.jpg

L O L

the "racism" gets me every time jajaja

sports (lol football fans)

im assuming you mean soccer/football and not american football

because soccer fandom is on a whole nother level in terms of violence compared to baseball/american football/basketball/hockey/every other sport really

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's not just the online, it's also the input lag. I won't even play the PS3 version offline anymore. It's okay when you're a scrub and you don't bother with 2 frame links and such but when get to a level where you want to do those things consistently and it's out of your control, yes. PS3 version is trash. That being said, even the PC and 360 versions get out of hand sometimes with the lag so basically take online play for what it is and don't take it seriously. Hopefully when Capcom does decide to release the next-gen ports they fix these issues and improve the netcode while they are at it.

Which is why SF PC is the answer, silky smooth 60 fps.

Well then.
TWJ1lm6.jpg

Hahahaha, this is gold. I honestly wonder why he believes its only limited to the FGC. Look at any other sport behind the curtains and there is a bunch of drug infused bigots acting the same. However, the FGC is pretty tame if you meet them in person, practically harmless.

At the very least I appreciate the attempt of cracking down on those types in twitch chats. But then I'm reminded to just close them altogether.

Dude I feel you. You were a tad aggressive earlier, hope your alright and understand that aggression but lets face it, the FGC is pretty damn ghetto. I was on a stream for FGTV and some guy in the chat ruined the conversation by saying COD is the best and Marvel sucks and to put in SF. Normally I would ignore it but being as cranky as I was, I asked a mod to shut him up since he kept on spamming. The mod didn't even care and told "grow balls, the internet is full of assholes, get used to it". Excuse me if I'm too sensitive but I come from a place where shit like that gets you decked in the face. I wish he was demodded, damn scumbag. He even had the audacity to say he was at the back of the bus and it looked like an awesome spot to get a blowjob, I was like wtf? I was three seconds away from cursing him out as to how the hell he became a mod (obviously through connections sadly). Funny part is, these guys have probably never been near a woman before or know how to act in front of one, I'm sometimes ashamed of being Dominican due to all the stigma that's around us in certain areas and I can get as hot blooded as them, but at least I don't make it public.

I feel like a tyrant when it comes to the FGC but a lot of these people don't even know what a filter is. If the FGC dies, then I'll be glad, filled with a lot less scumbags ruining something good and trying to get some superiority complex satisfied.

Horseress

In gaming communities, the FGC is probably the one that is not even slightly racist. Those people don't know shit about the community

Dahbomb

FGC is probably the least racist community out of most gaming communities.

Unless people think Yipes saying the N word is him being a racist.

K.Sabot

Can count the black moba/rts players on one hand. Temp0 and Aphromoo. Damn.

The FGC is colorblind, just like the polygon article said.

Edit: not to say that the lack of racial diversity in those games are a product of the community or the game itself, just that the FGC is very welcoming to diversity (even though they can go creeper on women sometimes).

Anne

Never seen/dealt with any racism. I had some run ins with people not liking the fact that I'm not straight, but that got taken care of right fast. FGC isn't all that bad, it has some pretty shit people in it, but it's a few people.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Oh what's that I see there...

Is that a... TIER LIST???

Let's go!

TKD's Ultra Street Fighter 4 tier list

Strong
Cammy, Guy, Ibuki, T. Hawk, Chun-Li, Evil Ryu, Adon, Sagat, Yun, Yang

Fairly Strong
Ryu, Akuma, Rose, C. Viper, Makoto, Sakura

Average
Other

Weak
El Fuerte, Elena

Super Weak
Hugo

from the vids I see, Elena's combos do little damage, so she's a hit n run character AKA much like 3S lol

Guy on top? The Age of the Ninja is upon us

Which is why SF PC is the answer, silky smooth 60 fps.

Hahahaha, this is gold. I honestly wonder why he believes its only limited to the FGC. Look at any other sport behind the curtains and there is a bunch of drug infused bigots acting the same.

Dude I feel you. You were a tad aggressive earlier, hope your alright and understand that aggression but lets face it, the FGC is pretty damn ghetto. I was on a stream for FGTV and some guy in the chat ruined the conversation by saying COD is the best and Marvel sucks and to put in SF. Normally I would ignore it but being as cranky as I was, I asked a mod to shut him up since he kept on spamming. The mod didn't even care and told "grow balls, the internet is full of assholes, get used to it". I wish he was demodded, damn scumbag. He even had the audacity to say he was at the back of the bus and it looked like an awesome spot to get a blowjob, I was like wtf? I was three seconds away from cursing him out as to how the hell he became a mod (obviously through connections sadly). Funny part is, these guys have probably never been near a woman before or know how to act in front of one, I'm sometimes ashamed being Dominican and I can get as hot blooded as them, but at least I don't make it public.

I feel like a tyrant when it comes to the FGC but a lot of these people don't even know what a filter is. If the FGC dies, then I'll be glad, filled with a lot less scumbags ruining something good and trying to get some superiority complex satisfied.

replace that to any gaming competitive scene. What do you think happens when you make a bunch of no future (for the majority) kids between the ages of 16-22 become famous and have some level of stardom.

Like there are plenty of pro players in the LCS who haven't even graduated from college. There are some that haven't even graduated highschool.

What do you think happens when you make them famous and blow them up. Its not a FGC problem? The FGC gets blown up because

1) nobody to punish offenses since its not corporate for the most part
2) its more "grassroots"

Those 2 factors also blowup any incident. You think if Jwong said that jew comment about gassing families that it wouldn't blowup in almost every gaming media? Oooo but League of legend players say it and its only known by a few because Riot "punished" them.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
replace that to any gaming competitive scene. What do you think happens when you make a bunch of no future (for the majority) kids between the ages of 16-22 become famous and have some level of stardom.

Like there are plenty of pro players in the LCS who haven't even graduated from college. There are some that haven't even graduated highschool.

What do you think happens when you make them famous and blow them up. Its not a FGC problem? The FGC gets blown up because

1) nobody to punish offenses since its not corporate for the most part
2) its more "grassroots"

Those 2 factors also blowup any incident. You think if Jwong said that jew comment about gassing families that it wouldn't blowup in almost every gaming media? Oooo but League of legend players say it and its only known by a few because Riot "punished" them.

White kid says racist stufff

Definitely agree.

Forgot to mention. These LoL players are on Riot's payroll while in the LCS. They got fined for 500 bucks.

You really think 500 bucks is a lot when they are probably making 5-6 digits for playing games? Hell if you are on CLG or TSM, you can make 500 bucks easily from streaming considering they get almost 10-30k viewers PER DAY.

Riposte

Why does it matter who he is, what he's saying is completely right. The FGC, at least in the English-speaking world, is pretty much as vulgar as it gets. No tv station would ever pick up the kind of niche fanbase that relishes in stuff like 'Chub Li'.

Every sport has that element, everyone knows it, they just don't show it on TV. The FGC is also more diverse and adaptive than you give credit for; this is why someone may doubt you have anything to do with it outside the shit being thrown at it.

On the other hand the FGC demonstratively isn't color blind. You don't check your culture at the door, but it's likely to be accepted for the most part.

EDIT: You guys post too fast. EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind, I was on the wrong page to begin with. Whatever.

No way is Akuma and C.Viper not top tier... And Guy will probably bump back to middle when they fix his ex tatsu, even though now he's probably upper mid-tier now.

K.Sabot

The variety of the lines and their sizes, as well as the hatching/x-hatching is fucking amazing. I'm fucking motivated after seeing this.

Azure J

The variety of the lines and their sizes, as well as the hatching/x-hatching is fucking amazing. I'm fucking motivated after seeing this.

Art bros in FightingGAF? :D

Man I can't wait to get some things straight this year. I'm going to double down on some new routines (gym) and try to pick up learning things I've left off on (drawing).

K.Sabot

The SF4 benchmark lies IMO.

Especially if you're running something else other than the game in the background, I get dumb hitches you don't see on the benchmark when running flash.

This PC has 2012-2013 parts.

Top Bottom