• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Oh. So now you change your tune.

Yeah, you showed me the light Kadey.

Well, I did a benchmark and on max settings it still runs around 120 fps. Doubt it means anything since SF isn't too reliant on a PC's video card. Only thing I don't like is that it lags online sometimes while the match is over and its saving the data.

My pc is older than a damn ps3 and it runs sf4 better than it :lol

Damn, did you future proof your PC?

Is it easy to get a ps3 controller working with PC?

Yeah it is, although there might be lag, which is why I'm picking up a 360 pad again. I feel like a monkey on a unicycle while playing it but getting back into the groove of things.

Kumubou

You probably should buy a DS4 if it's reasonable, it's better than a DS3 and the DS4 XInput wrapper smokes the one that got made for the DS3.

I think the FGC is pretty good all things considered.

People make jokes and such on streams and at tournaments, but I've never seen anything as bad as what I've seen in League/Dota/and I guess HoN too.

I remember there being a few websites dedicated to archiving hundreds/thousands of chat logs between players in League (almost like everyone's competing to say the worst things imaginable).

Toxicity also seems to be a topic that comes up a lot on the subreddit and Riot has recognized the issue and has taken steps in the past to try and address it.

If someone were to ask me on the spot I would definitely say that the FGC is probably more welcoming. It's not like you can't find good people in both communities however.

I just think it's easier to keep thing cordial when you're dealing with people face to face (like in the FGC), compared to a community that's used to only interacting with others through random matchmaking (in a heavily team oriented game where the failure of one can result in a loss).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
SIqGg2j.png

Lemstar

Anyone want to buy a cheapish disc copy of BBCP with a tear on the front cover? I'm thinking something like $34 shipped.

Nemo's Rolento in USF4. Crazy.

Part 1, 2, & 3.

dang, this is the first time rolento has looked viable to me, good stuff nemo

edit: but if i'm that guile and i see rolento do air pogo, i do st mp or cr hp (some button like that) right after i block or get hit by the pogo, because rolento can't attack fast enough after the first pogo and can't block either

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just noticed Ultra is three out of seven now. So I'm guessing it will be like that for everything from this point on?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You know what I meant. Four out of seven would be nice. I get to beat up on Tik some more.

And Q's imagination is currently being occupied by some Valentine's Day pic.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know what's not good 3 out of 5?

Tekken Tag 2. While the damage can be high at times the dual life bars of the tag system pad it out quite a bit. Making rounds last quite a while at times. Though sometimes they are over in a heartbeat

Puyo by itself was pretty tough. Puyo vs Tetris absolutely slayed me.

That's cause Tetris has like a 8-2 matchup against Puyo

On a related note I met somebody IRL a little while ago who actually plays Tetris Attack at a competitive level. That game is real different at Speed 10, I tell ya...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We need to play some more sometime Kadey I was slowly starting to get used to SF4 again after about 15 straight loses :p

I had like 60 something wins that night. 20 straight against you, with a couple here and there and 22 straight against Tik and nearly a dozen before playing him. One of these days I want to play and get 100 straight wins beating my old 84.

I have to plan out something so I most likely won't be able to play again until Thursday night.

Top Bottom