• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Northeast Championships XVI, last FGC major of 2015

geeHtA4.png

Brolylegs has no chill.

Broly is that dude. Lmao.

Dahbomb

Marvel 3 at NEC was pretty damn hard. Cosmos, Yipes, SBK, Moons, Unknown, Kbrad, Takumi, ChrisG, Noel Brown and Coach Steve all got eliminated in pools or just outside of pools. Clockwork and Dual Kevin are in losers.

RayRay should take this, he's in a prime spot at the moment.

Essay

That was so damn epic, MarlinPie was so close. ElvinShadow gets his run back vs LostSoul in Grand Finals, lezgo.

MrDaravon

I've never heard of JoeyD but he's running a train on clockwork right now.

Edit: Clockwork out, that x-factor cancel air throw was disgusting on Joey's part.

MrDaravon

wait theres marvel going on??

Art was running the last of Marvel semis on his stream, I guess they didn't finish them last night or something. That clockwork match was the last one, Marvel top 8 is decided and should be on sp00ky's stream after DoA5 I believe.

MrDaravon

Pretty much. Marvel is like one great patch away from being an amazing fucking game, which makes it even worse. Most high-level tournament play being dominated by the same handful of characters/assists plus broken shit like TAC infinites has taken it down over the last year or two from being my favorite game to watch to something I don't even bother watching anymore outside of top 8's, and not always even then. Capcom pls

MrDaravon

RayRay's got this in the bag sitting in winners regardless of who makes it back to him. Dinner time, will be back for Ultra

Dahbomb

Flux getting looped by Zero is some sweet justice. All Zero players doomed to getting looped for eternity in Marvel hell.

Doomshine

Pretty much. Marvel is like one great patch away from being an amazing fucking game, which makes it even worse. Most high-level tournament play being dominated by the same handful of characters/assists plus broken shit like TAC infinites has taken it down over the last year or two from being my favorite game to watch to something I don't even bother watching anymore outside of top 8's, and not always even then. Capcom pls

So... it's Marvel?

RayRay's got this in the bag sitting in winners regardless of who makes it back to him. Dinner time, will be back for Ultra

It was definitely harder than in the bag. It went to match point. Haggar opening meta was too strong. I think was like 3-4 magneto kills came off that?

Dahbomb

I sense salt in this post.

What you got against loops mang? Huh?

#10MoreYearsOfLoops
Funny part is that despite being overwhelmingly the best character in the game, Zero under performs a lot... probably more than most top tiers in other games. Yeah you see Zeroes in top 8s (hell half of that top 8 was Zeroes) but they very rarely actually win it.

And yeah that GF ended up big much closer than expected. RayRay definitely struggles against Haggar more than he should.

Funny part is that despite being overwhelmingly the best character in the game, Zero under performs a lot... probably more than most top tiers in other games. Yeah you see Zeroes in top 8s (hell half of that top 8 was Zeroes) but they very rarely actually win it.

And yeah that GF ended up big much closer than expected. RayRay definitely struggles against Haggar more than he should.

He needs to learn how to play lameneto against Haggar.

Same way he lost evo vs KBR.

Crocodile

LOL

What a way to end the tournament, Level 3 > Happy Birthday. Good shit, Sage.

I don't get the chance to check out many FG streams nowadays but I was able to catch this. Great, great stuff. Encouraging to see the game grow over time. I'll only be able to check in infrequently but I'm hoping it stays strong till the chance for a possible sequel in 3+ years time.

Top Bottom