• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

so yea....it's colored.

71842446.jpg

grats yami4ct... and corvo too
really want to preorder Beethoven, but April 2015 is really an expensive month for me. hopefully there'll be cheap one later

kewlmyc

The participants :

The results thanks to Random.org's random listing (top one wins):

Congratulations yami4ct! And since your pick was quite cheap I'll throw in CorvoSol's Qubeley in there as well.

PMing you guys for the shipping adress.

Just saw this. Sad that I was asleep during it, but good on you for doing it again this year. Good job.

omlet

Yay, woke up this morning to email from Amiami saying they were able to secure a preorder of the Naruko Aoba nendo for me.

I need to make a photo shoot of Suigintou and Shinku mingling :p I hope the make all the other dolls too!

I have Shinku ordered; she's on the way and should be here in a few days and then I can do the same. I would definitely buy more Rozen Maiden nendos so I, too, hope they make more of them.

Einbroch's Xmas tree?
I don't think this ever showed up on AmiAmi but there is this

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/136511/Isuzu-Sento-18th-Scale

Look it up on myfigurecollection. There is one scale of the main girl and it's colored. I think it's an exclusive. I'm at work so I don't want to look it up right now.
Yip it's an exclusive

Yaari

What is the Azusa figure based on? 5 years later?

I did not see the movie and did not finish the second season so I might not be getting it.

omlet

When it was first shown off in this thread someone posted the piece of artwork it was from. I don't think it was something from any of the anime itself unless it's a design that's in the show as a side thing, like how they all wear those black costumes in the ending song but not actually in the show itself (I can't say for sure though since I only watched the first season and never cared to watch more).

If there's one thing I love about Japan its that they keep the love of the classic Playboy alive and kicking. Seems I can always see a figure here and there.
So what's this Mandrake site? Thinking about seeing if there's a good old one I can pick up for not too much, but I seem to have a little trouble finding it.

I did not see the movie and did not finish the second season so I might not be getting it.

When it was first shown off in this thread someone posted the piece of artwork it was from. I don't think it was something from any of the anime itself unless it's a design that's in the show as a side thing, like how they all wear those black costumes in the ending song but not actually in the show itself (I can't say for sure though since I only watched the first season and never cared to watch more).

ofMHHkP.gif

omlet

Here, found it: http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1140725&ref=item:265072

So what's this Mandrake site? Thinking about seeing if there's a good old one I can pick up for not too much, but I seem to have a little trouble finding it.

Mandarake is a brick and mortar chain in Japan that also maintains an online shop for second-hand merchandise (toys/figures, books, manga, etc.). Good place to look if you can't find something elsewhere. Also a good place to look for pricing ballparking if you tell searches to include sold out items.

They're legit but just know that since they are a physical store their online inventory is not necessarily 100% accurate. If you order something online there is a small chance that as a storefront item it has already been purchased by someone in person. Also, they will add 500 yen handling fee to your price if your order is under 5000 yen.

Oh, and also they don't always put their items in with English titles and descriptions so I hope you know how to type Japanese for using their search engine :D

Was there something specific you wanted to know?

omlet

. . .

Oh, you meant having trouble finding the actual Mandarake site, not finding the item on the site?

. . .

Well, I feel kind of silly now but I guess if you haven't even found the site yet all the info I just posted will also be stuff you will still need to know. XD

Hrm. Are there any other good used online stores? I think I heard Amiami was expensive?

I'll definitely search there though, and searching for a keyword in Japanese will be no problem. Windows actually knows how to handle multiple language keyboards haha.

OH its mandArake. Thought mandrake was a weird name for a Japanese site. Also, doesn't seem like a mobile friendly site, dern. I'll search later.
Unless anyone on GAF is selling any bunny girl figures?

kewlmyc

Hrm. Are there any other good used online stores? I think I heard Amiami was expensive?

I'll definitely search there though, and searching for a keyword in Japanese will be no problem. Windows actually knows how to handle multiple language keyboards haha.

AmiAmi is actually pretty lenient with their used products, and their trustworthy.

Mandarake is also trustworthy, but sometimes you need to know the Japanese name of your figure to find it.

Amazon is pretty cheap too, but I'm not sure how trustworthy they are since it's always random if you go used. Will need to use a proxy/forwarding service if you use Amazon.jp.

Ebay isn't trustworthy at all. Take a good look at the posted pictures and buyer history. Do research on mfc to see if there's any bootlegs of the figure you're looking for and do comparison pictures. Usually expensive though.

MyFigureCollection is pretty good, but has the eBay problem of people overcharging for everything. Except for me, I'm cheap because I'm awesome and understand that used products shouldn't be more expensive than a new version of the product.

omlet

Amiami is good and I prefer it to Mandarake if they both have something around the same price. Amiami actually has really good MSRP discounts on many things, so not sure who told you they are expensive.

However, when it comes to preowned figures, they do price according to factors like rarity, age, and what other places are selling for, so some of the stuff in that section may be two to four times MSRP (or maybe 70% off, just depends on the figure) , but that's just the nature of collectables, not Amiami specifically.

Just woke up so I'm a little late but thanks again for hosting that giveaway, Bombless! :p

Azunyan looks so nice! I love her hair's gentle curl. I hope the price is decent. >_>

CorvoSol

The participants :

The results thanks to Random.org's random listing (top one wins):

Congratulations yami4ct! And since your pick was quite cheap I'll throw in CorvoSol's Qubeley in there as well.

PMing you guys for the shipping adress.

Aw yeah!! Thanks again for doing this, man! Congrats to yami4ct, too! Turn X is a great suit.

Holy crap! Thanks so much. Glad to see Corvo getting his Qubeley as well. Really cool, underrated suit. Happy my soon to arrive Turn A will have his arch nemesis.

Villain suits FTW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom