• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

cajunator! Did you ever play Bravely Default? Cause Second is calling for you:

Not cajun, but nope. I'm out. I finished BD but I am not touching Second with a ten foot pole. I can half admire what BD did in the same way that I can admire the balls it takes to do something like Endless Eight, but that doesn't mean I actually enjoyed it.

FFVII is coming to PS4!

fuck SE

I'll admit, I'm very intrigued by FFXV. I like that they're leaving behind the stupid clothing designs Tetsuya Nomura introduced. Fuck that guy. Hopefully the floating chests are gone too. Fuck those things. It seems like there's a much more grounded world design going on here.

I'll admit, I'm very intrigued by FFXV. I like that they're leaving behind the stupid clothing designs Tetsuya Nomura introduced. Fuck that guy. Hopefully the floating chests are gone too. Fuck those things. It seems like there's a much more grounded world design going on here.
Ill take nomura over...whatever those characters are wearing, dem floods

Wait, FIVE TIMES!? I thought it was only one redo. Man fuck that. I've got a save file right before that starts happening (I think), no way am I doing all that five times.

Wait, FIVE TIMES!? I thought it was only one redo. Man fuck that. I've got a save file right before that starts happening (I think), no way am I doing all that five times.
4 extra times, I managed to do every one the first 3 times, once I got to 4 I just couldnt bear it and just finished the game.

I recommend just using leveling tricks to jump up and finishing the game by skipping straight through chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8

also...FUCK endless eight, that was fucking terrible in ways bravely default couldnt come close to touching

Would there be a way to do that and not be overleveled for the final boss? I've heard its theme, and its awesome as fuck, so I want it to be fun when I get there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Don't do this.
nx1UY6Q.jpg

omlet

Would there be a way to do that and not be overleveled for the final boss? I've heard its theme, and its awesome as fuck, so I want it to be fun when I get there.

I got my entire party to max level with all jobs maxed in chapter 5 by auto-battling with JP/EXP accessories while doing other stuff like work or watching anime or stuff (all you need to do is use 1 finger/thumb/toe to run in circles and the battles just fly by on their own with maxed out rewards after you build up the no-damage bonus).

Then I turned off random encounters, and sailed through the rest of the bullshit. The boss fights were still fun and several were even still challenging enough to kill me and make me rethink my setup (my main setup was Tiz as support/healer and the other 3 were combining dark knight's skills with monk's super-strong-with-no-equipment skill then spamming their multi-hit attack followed by HP delta attack and obliterating everything with 9999 strings).

I got my entire party to max level with all jobs maxed in chapter 5 by auto-battling with JP/EXP accessories while doing other stuff like work or watching anime or stuff (all you need to do is use 1 finger/thumb/toe to run in circles and the battles just fly by on their own with maxed out rewards after you build up the no-damage bonus).

Then I turned off random encounters, and sailed through the rest of the bullshit. The boss fights were still fun and several were even still challenging enough to kill me and make me rethink my setup (my main setup was Tiz as support/healer and the other 3 were combining dark knight's skills with monk's super-strong-with-no-equipment skill then spamming their multi-hit attack followed by HP delta attack and obliterating everything with 9999 strings).

The fact that some of the bosses were still challenging is reassuring. I figured it might be one of those "end game boss is designed for level 70" types of deals.

Bombless

Gundam Build Fighters is nice but mostly Gundam fanservice and choke full of references to all the other Gundam shows, I really wouldn't recommend it as a first Gundam show.

SEED on the other hand is Sunrise's last great succesful series
until Cross Ange that is!
. It features great mech designs and Our Lord and Saviour, so it really is the best.

Gundam Build Fighters is nice but mostly Gundam fanservice and choke full of references to all the other Gundam shows, I really wouldn't recommend it as a first Gundam show.

GBF was my first Gundam Show and got me into the series and kits. :p
I didn't catch any of the references or series fanservice and still found it highly entertaining and watchable.
GBF is just a really solid shonen tournament anime.

Labrys

Picked up a starfox amiibo today, it was the last one and he has a really good paint job so I'm pleased.
I'm thinking of getting some boosters to display all of these amiibos once I start hitting double digits, any recommendations?

Neo Dark

Well, nendos are pretty lovable.

I'm good. That sounds like a great way to get an express trip to HR and a talking-to, heh.

As for Suigintou's name, I don't remember if there was ever any... like special significant meaning attached, or even anything directly obvious (like Shinku means Crimson). Its literal translation is Mercury Lamp. /shrug Been years since I read Rozen Maiden though.

Regardless, this nendo is pretty top tier. After 439 other nendos, it's the one that caused me to finally become a cultist.

I don't recall there being any significant meaning but I do love her especially in the Rozen Maiden Overture episodes.

Just bought her:

Add that to the list of nendos I want but won't be getting since I don't want to overspend =(

I saw that, haha. I just find it strange that she's still in stock, and in number 1 on AmiAmi for quite a while, seems that they are making a lot.

Also, just checked: this cute nendo is back on stock. Must resist...

That part has me a bit worried since I ordered Lucina under a week ago and pre-orders started about 2 weeks ago. I was actually looking online to see how accurate AmiAmi is with their pre-orders and how often they cancel. I really should have just asked here...
So yeah. Anyone here ever had their pre-orders canceled on AmiAmi? And does it happen often?

Off Topic: WOOHOO! FINALS ARE OVER! WINTER BREAK! SWITCHING UP AVATAR TO CELEBRATE! HAPPY ELSA!

Labrys

Oh also, while on the subject of display stuff, do you guys have any recs for shelving that would be hung on the wall? I have limited floor space but a lot of wall space, but I'm not sure of the best ones to get or anything.

Add that to the list of nendos I want but won't be getting since I don't want to overspend =(

That part has me a bit worried since I ordered Lucina under a week ago and pre-orders started about 2 weeks ago. I was actually looking online to see how accurate AmiAmi is with their pre-orders and how often they cancel. I really should have just asked here...

Off Topic: WOOHOO! FINALS ARE OVER! WINTER BREAK! SWITCHING UP AVATAR TO CELEBRATE! HAPPY ELSA!

Congratulations on your winter break. About Lucina, I hope that they don't do what they did with one figure that I pre-ordered (they just sent me an email telling: "Hey, deal's off"). And that nendo is just too cute for me to pass, that >-< face and the hair are perfect.

Neo Dark

Congratulations on your winter break. About Lucina, I hope that they don't do what they did with one figure that I pre-ordered (they just sent me an email telling: "Hey, deal's off"). And that nendo is just too cute for me to pass, that >-< face and the hair are perfect.

Thanks. That sounds horrible indeed though. I would imagine by the time they find out and tell you, it's too lately to pre-order elsewhere already as well

Ayy, Mandrake just shipped my Samus figma!

Nice, I plan to get mine soon too. And when they finally make the ZSS figma I'll be all over that too.

Random though but what is Super Sonico even about

Going off of these figures you'd think it was softcore hentai

Don't know who she is but if I had more money I would buy a bunch of her figures. That one with the Snow White costume that is coming, hnng.

Caladrius

Don't know who she is but if I had more money I would buy a bunch of her figures. That one with the Snow White costume that is coming, hnng.

If I were of the persuasion I probably would get one or two myself. I like her character design for the most part, it's just...

She's basically Nitroplus's mascot character that has ballooned into like a bunch of other stuff.

She's also an artist? Dunno.

The Visual Novel company?

I definitely remember something about her and music at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom