• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experimenting with some cheap lighting setups! Unfortunately, the lightbulb in this is a little too cheap, I'll need to swap it out with something better. Too focused, and too weak.

iqpqDYvq4CE6P.jpg

i8NbOJArSTkcr.jpg

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Shinku actually has several.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/116 Alter
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/42 GSC
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/180750 Griffon

No such luck for Suigintou : (she has some great GKs though, and actual dolls if you're into those) which is a little odd considering even Suiseiseki has this and you'd think Suigintou would be high on the list of to-make-figures-of after Shinku.

Honestly I don't think any of Shinku's scales look all that great. I'm happy with the nendos. You would be, too, if you got them :D!

I was actually looking to buy the Kirakishou from griffon but it is sold out everywhere. Suigintou is cursed, griffon will make her last then ruin her

I like the nendoriod, but if I get those I will never get the full figure. Still trying to stick with the 1 figure per character rule. (Miku doesn't count!!)

johnsmith

remember me
Missed a Honey on mandarake for 6k. Hopefully amiami will get some cheap ones soon. Damn it, Megahouse, why are you cutting your production now? Your stuff used to bomba so reliably. Astaroth is going for 10k. I should have preordered.

Bombless

Mom got a new phone this weekend and asked to have Nendo Batman on both lock and home screen.

Came to visit today and she said, while looking at her phone screen : "I think I'll kiss him every day. Just look at him. So precious. So gorgeous."

Then later on I saw her browsing Amiami ("Just to look, not buying anything!") and she went to check Koto's Tomo Asama. I told her I wanted her for a long time and she whispered to herself "I see our tastes are almost the same."

What have I done...

raven777

They do.

The original Asmodeus [not the re-color] was an exclusive, not to mention the soon-to-be-released Mammon [I can't WAIT for her!]. :(

damn....I really hope she is not exclusive but now I think this will be exclusive as well.. :(

I am getting her regardless. Unless her price is outrageous..

chrono01

damn....I really hope she is not exclusive but now I think this will be exclusive as well.. :(

I am getting her regardless. Unless her price is outrageous..
Yeah, I'm guessing her price will be around 15,000, before discounts [if she isn't an exclusive]. All of the added parts will definitely increase her base-cost which is a shame, considering I wouldn't mind just the standard pose [since the sitting one looks a bit...odd]. Maybe they'll do two versions, one that's standard [one pose] and one that's exclusive [with the additional sitting pose]?

We can hope...

When ordering from Mandarake, is it okay to include stuff currently on sale from multiple storefronts? Just curious how it works as I've only ordered a single item from one store so far.

I've never used Mandrake. Maybe when I get a job I'll bite but for now my wallet couldn't handle it.

First timer with them about a month back, once you get over the initial nervy hurdle it's (dangerous) simplicity itself. My Figure GAF doods/doodettes helped me, as is our collective enabling way ;D

Frozen dolls selling for thousands on eBay as parents fight over them in shops

"Frozen might urge people to 'let it go', but shoppers at a toy store in Dublin refused to last week, fighting over the last Elsa dolls. The dolls are this year's must have Christmas present thanks to the enduring success of the Disney movie, and many stores have sold out of the particularly popular 'Elsa Snow Globe' variety. Police said no arrests were made over the warring parents, though some claimed on social media that the fight was so severe that medical treatment was needed.

Elsa Snow Globe dolls are going for around £100 on eBay now, over twice their retail price." (The Independent)

All for this?

i0GCXh7a0aV0j.jpg

Kids (and their parents) are dumb.

Neo Dark

Frozen dolls selling for thousands on eBay as parents fight over them in shops

"Frozen might urge people to 'let it go', but shoppers at a toy store in Dublin refused to last week, fighting over the last Elsa dolls. The dolls are this year's must have Christmas present thanks to the enduring success of the Disney movie, and many stores have sold out of the particularly popular 'Elsa Snow Globe' variety. Police said no arrests were made over the warring parents, though some claimed on social media that the fight was so severe that medical treatment was needed.

Elsa Snow Globe dolls are going for around £100 on eBay now, over twice their retail price." (The Independent)

All for this?

i0GCXh7a0aV0j.jpg

Kids (and their parents) are dumb.

Pretty much. There's a lot better looking Elsa stuff out there that they should be fighting over =P

omlet

I was actually looking to buy the Kirakishou from griffon but it is sold out everywhere. Suigintou is cursed, griffon will make her last then ruin her

I like the nendoriod, but if I get those I will never get the full figure. Still trying to stick with the 1 figure per character rule. (Miku doesn't count!!)

I followed this rule since I started collecting in 2006... until this year. Stop fighting it. You'll be glad you did, just like me. And by your Mikue doesn't count logic (and actually she does), Nendos don't count, either.

You don't have to go full character shrine mode, or anything. I only have (or have ordered) two different figures of four different characters and each with very different designs.

I followed this rule since I started collecting in 2006... until this year. Stop fighting it. You'll be glad you did, just like me. And by your Mikue doesn't count logic (and actually she does), Nendos don't count, either.

You don't have to go full character shrine mode, or anything. I only have (or have ordered) two different figures of four different characters and each with very different designs.

I've cooled down on Miku a lot in terms of figures and nendos (although my recent Sakura order says otherwise, lol!). I do love multiple versions of a character, but space is really becoming an issue so I'm aiming for more variety... which is probably why I'm losing the battle of my wallet to all these Ship Girls lately :\

omlet

Oops, missed this from previous page.
Kotobukiya

548F97794103660009

price is
9k+tax

First thought: Not bad; I like Homura and I like the smile and that discounted price is not bad and unlike Freezy I'm not over Madoka, buuuuut... this one isn't really grabbing me. Haregi version is good enough for my non-canon-design needs.

Second thought: I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to interpret the physics of this sculpt...the hair, ribbon, and sleeves indicates downward motion (they appear to be defying gravity) but she's on her knees on the ground...is she falling down? If so, why is she smiling like that? Is she kneeling on top of a large fan that's blowing her hair and clothes up? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Kyubei, are you responsible for this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom