• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

Officially culled my collection of all non-Racing Miku, non-Nendo figures. Except when Shiro gets here, I'll keep her.

Gone. I was running out of space. I donated them to my local hobby store, told them to give them away in a contest or something. They seemed grateful and gave me a board game of my choice, so that was pretty cool! Space is such an issue.

Willshocked.gif

How many figures was it? O_O

Ultimadrago

Officially culled my collection of all non-Racing Miku, non-Nendo figures. Except when Shiro gets here, I'll keep her.

Gone. I was running out of space. I donated them to my local hobby store, told them to give them away in a contest or something. They seemed grateful and gave me a board game of my choice, so that was pretty cool! Space is such an issue.

Why do you hate us?

dropkix

Neo Member
Just nabbed this off AmiAmi for my growing Nendollection. *fistpumps*

RadioKaikan1246173988.jpg

Just 3 left on my want list of already-released Nendos. Any others...may or may not...be bought on a whim... >_>

Sweet! That's a cute Yoko figure dude...

The full size one looks so ecchi it's sure to get you weird looks from roommates/family/friends/potential girlfriends.

Luigi87

I'm reminded of Ash from Pokemon...

Einbroch

Banned
I thought about it, but they were seriously not good stuff that people likely wouldn't want. Stuff like the Trinity Box figures, some old DBZ ones I had from years ago, and an Assassin's Creed statue I found at Goodwill for $10 a year or so back.

If it was anything worth anything I would have sold it. It's 'k UD, I still love you.

Ultimadrago

I thought about it, but they were seriously not good stuff that people likely wouldn't want. Stuff like the Trinity Box figures, some old DBZ ones I had from years ago, and an Assassin's Creed statue I found at Goodwill for $10 a year or so back.

If it was anything worth anything I would have sold it. It's 'k UD, I still love you.

<3

I don't even know you anymore.

tumblr_n8xnb9h0vt1rveihgo1_500.gif

Meyneth

Your shelves look so packed and colorful! Like a little Akihabara for nendos~
Thanks! (&#41485;&#7447;&#41485;)
I like the look of colourful/busy shelves. It makes the figures seem friendlier, rather than like in a museum or something.

omg she's so cuuuute thanks for the pics
or not, because now I want one even more

The yellow threw me off at first, too, but I don't think it looks bad on her.

The problem really is that if I get her I will want to get the rest...

And there's no guarantee they'll make Kyoko (who I'd really like to get in similar outfit) or Sayaka.

Also while Mami is still available on rightstuf, Madoka is going to be really hard to find I'm afraid...

So conflicted...
Do I have news for you:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/246632
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/246631

I bought madoka from a local shop (navito world). They sometimes get her back in stock, so you may want to check there. But on mandarake madoka is like 22,000yen usually. Homura on mandarake is usually 16,000-18,000yen but you HAVE to be ready to go as soon as she appears on the site. I just paid $200CAD for her and got rid of all that stress.

On the dollfie dream front Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome are coming up on the 22nd! I'll just be getting Sheryl though

omlet

Do I have news for you:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/246632
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/246631

I bought madoka from a local shop (navito world). They sometimes get her back in stock, so you may want to check there. But on mandarake madoka is like 22,000yen usually. Homura on mandarake is usually 16,000-18,000yen but you HAVE to be ready to go as soon as she appears on the site. I just paid $200CAD for her and got rid of all that stress.

oh shit RIP my wallet what have you done ._. I want them all.

Madoka is going to be hard to find, isn't she...and that late tax, ouch. I'm not in Canada, never heard of Navito World.

cajunator

Banned
Finally freed Tenshi. Confirmed authentic. (It was from AAA Anime distribution stock anyway so it was a good bet it wasnt a bootleg to begin with.
But you can never be too sure about these things. Especially this particular figure.

Oh shes a cutie though!

Meyneth

oh shit RIP my wallet what have you done ._. I want them all.

Madoka is going to be hard to find, isn't she...and that late tax, ouch. I'm not in Canada, never heard of Navito World.
I'm pretty sure they ship internationally, but I wouldn't know how much shipping for you would be. I live outside Toronto and shipping was $15 (with tracking) through Canada post, so that brought madoka to a total of $135 Canadian. Which is almost a hundred dollars less than if I bought her through other stores (accounting for shipping and currency conversion).
I know plamoya and nippon-yasan had homura in stock when I was looking around.

Sweet Ivy

Don't just silently "not pay" or they may ban your account. I believe the rule of thumb is to contact them and explain you want to cancel it. I can't speak from experience, though, as I've not been in this situation.
Thanks, I didn't want to do that in fact, but couldn't find a way to cancel the order :).

Contact them via the website (there's a form in there somewhere) and explain to them that you'd like to cancel the item. They probably won't care.
I'll do that, then, thanks!

omlet

I'm pretty sure they ship internationally, but I wouldn't know how much shipping for you would be. I live outside Toronto and shipping was $15 (with tracking) through Canada post, so that brought madoka to a total of $135 Canadian. Which is almost a hundred dollars less than if I bought her through other stores (accounting for shipping and currency conversion).
I know plamoya and nippon-yasan had homura in stock when I was looking around.

Looks like a few places have Madoka for sale from a google search.

http://www.aniworld4u.com/en/Puella-Magi-Madoka-Magica-PVC-Figure-23CM Never heard of these guys, it's a store in the Netherlands, any of you Europe people know if they're legit?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HEFJ31G/?tag=neogaf0e-20 Claims to be selling legit (marked-up) versions, not bootleg.

kewlmyc

Does Crunchyroll usually have issues with shipping? I hope this shit doesn't happen when Phat Satsuki comes out.

Due to delays and the fact that they never update their site on new release dates based on those delays, you never really know when you're going to get you figure. They're cool if you're just really patient.

Given Satsuki's made by Phat! Company, expect it to be delayed to hell and for you to be left in the dark on when Crunchyroll will actually receive and ship you the figure.

For example, Frau was listed on Crunchyroll for a Sept 30 arrival date at their warehouse. This was when she was supposed to be released in Japan in July, so a 2 month delay. She ended up getting delayed to Sept 16 in Japan, but Crunchyroll never updated their estimated arrival date, so it still listed as a Sept 30 arrival date (even halfway through October). Fast forward to today, and it's just now shipping, which is around 2 months or so behind the Japanese release date of Sept 16. So they actually kept up with when they were supposed to release it figuring in the delay in July.

Finally freed Tenshi. Confirmed authentic. (It was from AAA Anime distribution stock anyway so it was a good bet it wasnt a bootleg to begin with.
But you can never be too sure about these things. Especially this particular figure.

Oh shes a cutie though!

Angel Beats!, eh?

Due to delays and the fact that they never update their site on new release dates based on those delays, you never really know when you're going to get you figure. They're cool if you're just really patient.

Given Satsuki's made by Phat! Company, expect it to be delayed to hell and for you to be left in the dark on when Crunchyroll will actually receive and ship you the figure.

For example, Frau was listed on Crunchyroll for a Sept 30 arrival date at their warehouse. This was when she was supposed to be released in Japan in July, so a 2 month delay. She ended up getting delayed to Sept 16 in Japan, but Crunchyroll never updated their estimated arrival date, so it still listed as a Sept 30 arrival date (even halfway through October). Fast forward to today, and it's just now shipping, which is around 2 months or so behind the Japanese release date of Sept 16. So they actually kept up with when they were supposed to release it figuring in the delay in July.

Ugh, this kind of pisses me off. Its listed to be released on December 31st on Crunchyroll, from what I've learned from pre-ordering that date seems to be a tenative release date rather than a confirmed release date. So it looks like I might have to wait until January or early 2015 before I get her.
Actually it's kind of relieving if its not coming out in December, I already pre-ordered the Cowboy Bebop blu-ray set for that month, so at least I won't have to spend too much that month.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
It's some sort of claw base which can be a pain in the ass to assemble.

I'm pretty sure his referring to pincer like arms that hold her in place.

I had this happen to mine so do be very careful with that.

Ahh, I just looked at some reviews...all mentioning the same difficulty. I may look into buying some extra Nendo stands so to deal with older Nendos more conveniently. Thanks for the warning.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I could be tots wrong, but since the older nendos used clips, wouldn't newer nendo stands be incompatible with them what with the lack of back hole?

My first nendo actually used one of those uncommon magnetic supports. Those are kind of nifty. Or a reflection that all the other nendos I have have short hair.

Reminds me of the madokami nendo, oh man they fall out so often.
Never had a problem with her wings. I just have a problem making sure she is balanced with her small support. Once I have her in place though all is dandy. Well she's not fallen over from her spot so I think she's doing well.

cajunator

Banned
She is still in the box. She looked fine from what I saw but I will check when I open it and let you all know.

I only have their Asuka, she is huge though lol. I hope Alter does a Rei now...

the main blemish is the top of her head but at most angles nobody would notice.
Also some rough paintwork on the clothes sometimes. I was able to get rid of the white paint marks and she looks so much better.

the main blemish is the top of her head but at most angles nobody would notice.
Also some rough paintwork on the clothes sometimes. I was able to get rid of the white paint marks and she looks so much better.

Ok, will look for those. Thanks for the heads up!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
After my previous failed attempts at a mandarake order, I've tried again on something cheap. Considering it's a new item with quite a few listing over the past week i should have better luck.

Now whether I really needed another fig of this character is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom