• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
"LOL" indeed

image.php

cajunator

Banned
It kinda looks like someone hot-glued the top of her head, let it dry, and then painted over it. It's not that noticeable unless you're looking for it, though.

I think they had to make some special modifications to the typical head/hair structure to incorporate the offset crown. They used several parts together and so instead of one clean seam like most figures theres a bunch in a pie slice configuration. Hard to hide that with paint.

I think they had to make some special modifications to the typical head/hair structure to incorporate the offset crown. They used several parts together and so instead of one clean seam like most figures theres a bunch in a pie slice configuration. Hard to hide that with paint.

Yeah, I've seen figures with head-seams like that before, but this one looks like there were three or so separate pieces to it instead of the usual two.

This one also looks like it has horrendous head-seams:

After my previous failed attempts at a mandarake order, I've tried again on something cheap. Considering it's a new item with quite a few listing over the past week i should have better luck.

Now whether I really needed another fig of this character is another question.

You can never have enough figures of a character you like!

Ultimadrago

After my previous failed attempts at a mandarake order, I've tried again on something cheap. Considering it's a new item with quite a few listing over the past week i should have better luck.

Now whether I really needed another fig of this character is another question.

Let me guess: Kirito?

So I was listening to the Super Best Friendcast and they brought up an excellent point about the design changes of the Amiibos in terms of the addition of more supports and bases.
The initial ones that we've been seeing for a long time were the figures that the artist was paid to create, and they looked great. But then when it comes down to quality control and the functionality of the Amiibos, some dude at Nintendo looks at these figures and says this:

"Okay look, these things are fragile as fuck. A kid is going to pick this up and snap the figure off the base, so we need more support here on Captain Falcon, and another one here on Peach, etc. We don't want another situation where kids are breaking their TVs with wiimotes"

It's shitty that the quality of the Amiibos have gone down, but it makes sense when you look at it from this perspective.

Giolon

So I was listening to the Super Best Friendcast and they brought up an excellent point about the design changes of the Amiibos in terms of the addition of more supports and bases.
The initial ones that we've been seeing for a long time were the figures that the artist was paid to create, and they looked great. But then when it comes down to quality control and the functionality of the Amiibos, some dude at Nintendo looks at these figures and says this:

"Okay look, these things are fragile as fuck. A kid is going to pick this up and snap the figure off the base, so we need more support here on Captain Falcon, and another one here on Peach, etc. We don't want another situation where kids are breaking their TVs with wiimotes"

It's shitty that the quality of the Amiibos have gone down, but it makes sense when you look at it from this perspective.

In terms of them adding supports and stuff to increase the durability of the figures? Absolutely.

In terms of the likenesses changing so drastically (dat melting Marth!) or the specific color choice of the supports? It really doesn't.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Finally freed Tenshi. Confirmed authentic. (It was from AAA Anime distribution stock anyway so it was a good bet it wasnt a bootleg to begin with.
But you can never be too sure about these things. Especially this particular figure.

Oh shes a cutie though!

Finally, it been so long.

the worst part about amiibos being shit quality though is that we just dont really have figures of lots of those characters

they shouldve at least left those supports clear...and made marth's face not melt

Luigi87

For days I've been wondering why my credit card had over $100 temp charge on it that I wasn't aware of...

Turns out I was finally charged for nendo Carrier Wo-Class and figma Levi Cleaning ver.

Luigi87

Doesn't your online statement show who the charge is from? And wondering about $100 for days? I'd be investigating that shit immediately.

Unfortunately my bank's credit card system won't give me that information until a balance is posted. It's very annoying.

Oh well, at least they're finally going to be on their way.

I dont know what I need at this point, besides KOS-MOS

After my arcade cabinet is finished Ill probably finally pick a KOS-MOS and order it, then its back to deciding what fig I want next

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Why were the Hikari and Takeru GEM figures reposted as pre-orders on AmiAmi? I see new photos, but it's not like they were reprinted if they aren't even out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom