• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
FigureGAF, I need your help.

My girlfriend is looking for this figure:

116883.jpg

DRAMAtical Murder Aoba 1/7 by Max Factory, and it looks like it's getting a rerelease this December, but preorders are closed pretty much everywhere. I've checked all the links on MFC and the only one that still has it in stock for a decent price is Kirin Hobby, plus they have free shipping in the US on orders over $150. I'm from Vancouver but I have a friend with a US post box just across the border that I could use. Should she just go for it? Does FigureGAF have any other secrets that might help me out? I don't usually buy many Japanese PVC figures so I don't know all the ins and outs of the scene.

have you tried looking on Mandarake? Great site for pre-owned figs.

DRAMAtical Murder Aoba 1/7 by Max Factory, and it looks like it's getting a rerelease this December, but preorders are closed pretty much everywhere. I've checked all the links on MFC and the only one that still has it in stock for a decent price is Kirin Hobby, plus they have free shipping in the US on orders over $150. I'm from Vancouver but I have a friend with a US post box just across the border that I could use. Should she just go for it? Does FigureGAF have any other secrets that might help me out? I don't usually buy many Japanese PVC figures so I don't know all the ins and outs of the scene.

I've used Kirin Hobby a few times. They're legit. Though with them being in the US, you'll be waiting an extra month. Your only other option really is to wait until he releases and try to snatch up one of the extras. When a figure releases, most retailers end up with some extras due to cancelled orders / declined payments and such.

johnsmith

remember me
Did anybody order those Earthbound capsule toys? I didn't get a full set from HLJ since they're random. Missing Mr Saturn. Does anybody have an extra? I got an extra Ness, Paula, and Jeff.

P.S. The older Banpresto ones are way better.

There will never be another one made.

SOME OF US AREN'T LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE OUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS HAVE MULTIPLE FIGURES. ;_;

You didn't see me run and buy that Kat figure from Gravity Daze. She didn't look terrible, but she didn't look good enough for me to buy, either. :p

Also WHERE THE FUCKING SHIT-FUCKING FUCK IS MY ELSA REVEAL. God dammit, GSC. You had one thing to do. ONE THING.

dropkix

Neo Member
Konnichiwa y'all.

Dropkix here. Just got my account validated today, thought I'd share my modest figure collection with y'all

Qr7gj6X.jpg

Preordered Haruhi Gekisou in 2009 and got the rest from Den den town, Osu and Akihabara in Japan back when I used live there : )

I'm thinking of getting a few more pieces. Space Dandy and Honey are looking awesome. I would love to have Spike and Ed from Cowboy Bebop and a Tachikoma from GITS.

Bombless

Konnichiwa y'all.

Dropkix here. Just got my account validated today, thought I'd share my modest figure collection with y'all

Preordered Haruhi Gekisou in 2009 and got the rest from Den den town, Osu and Akihabara in Japan back when I used live there : )

I'm thinking of getting a few more pieces. Space Dandy and Honey are looking awesome. I would love to have Spike and Ed from Cowboy Bebop and a Tachikoma from GITS.

Another lurker joins the club! Welcome!

kewlmyc

*shrug*

I do like all of the people on MFC wishing you luck, though. Like you're a dead man walking.

Haha, watch he actually be amazing. That'll show them, that'll show them.... ;_;

Konnichiwa y'all.

rz4889o.jpg

There will never be another one made.

SOME OF US AREN'T LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE OUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS HAVE MULTIPLE FIGURES. ;_;

You think that's bad? Simon from Gurren Lagann didn't get anything more than trading figures and a few garage kits. Suuuuure, Kamina get's an epic 1/8 scale, but not Simon,
not the guy who lives till the end!

Konnichiwa y'all.

Qr7gj6X.jpg

Welcome! And what a great first post! I really like that Max Factory Haruhi.

Also if you're looking for a Tachikoma, Amiami still has some up for sale right here. I've got the same one, it's probably one of the best Tachikoma figures out there.

Konnichiwa y'all. Dropkix here. Just got my account validated today, thought I'd share my modest figure collection with y'all

Hey hey, hello.

Don't worry about having a modest-sized collection. Just stay here long enough and your plastic army shall GROW.

cajunator

Banned
Konnichiwa y'all.

Qr7gj6X.jpg

Hi! Welcome to your wallets end!
Nice Haruhi.

Ultimadrago

So everyone remember my Adachi rant from last OT?

ofR7jiy.png

...yeah.

The price you pay for your favorite character~

True love ~(๑・ω-)~♥”

Konnichiwa y'all.

Dropkix here. Just got my account validated today, thought I'd share my modest figure collection with y'all...

Hello!

One more shot I wanted to throw up here just cause it's cool as hell.

10440200_947219078639060_54392641891244199_n.jpg

Very nice. I was recently bit by the HT bug and recently got the Bank Robber Joker 2.0, Bane, and Catwoman. Should be receiving the MMS191 Tony Stark set in a week and a few more over the next month or so.

Meyneth

Man, am I late...
First of all, I'd like to express my surprise at being #31 in the post rankings for the last OT. I only got registered for neogaf like, two thirds of the way through. :O
Also (for anyone still interested) here's my MFC profile for your amusement: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/meyneth

Now, on to the actual news. HAREGI HOMURA ARRIVED TODAY!
WOOOOOO (^O^)/
She was definitely hard to catch on mandarake, I eventually had to buy her from someone on MFC. It's dark out already though, so pictures tomorrow!

Hopefully choco-demon astaroth gets here soon

Zerojul

ofR7jiy.png

...yeah.
Adachi is da man, he's worth it. Probably. I guess.

Guys, two quick (and probably stupid, but you know I'm new) questions if you don't mind :

- Luigi figure : SHF or Nendo ?

- Figma Chie / Yukiko / Labrys : are these any good ? How is Figma quality in general ? Lots of characters I'd be interested in in that line... (please say it's awful, for my wallet's sake).

Konnichiwa y'all.

Hello there!

Hm... I should get some Haruhi figures :p

george_us

Konnichiwa y'all.

Qr7gj6X.jpg

Welcome dropkix!

Please feel free to leave your wallet by the door.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

ofR7jiy.png

...yeah.

Better then not having them at all *looks at cast from Claymore*

Konnichiwa y'all.

Qr7gj6X.jpg

Welcome... I've got Dandy and Honey pre-ordered, if they don't get delayed again they should be out this month get your wallet ready. Modern High quality Cowboy Bebop figures feels like a pipe dream, but we got to keep the hope alive, one day it's gotta happen...

My current dilemma:

I've got a 10% off Sideshows originals code that I was gonna use on the Gallevarbe, Death’s Siren from the Court of the Dead line, but I'm still waiting to see the GSC Guts poly-stone statue release date and price...

It's an either or proposition, she's gonna be around £313 when all's said and done, and he might be upwards of £500, more or less, I dunno. I was gonna flex-pay her though, and her first flex payment is due in December, so I'm running out of time waiting to see Guts and his pre-order info...

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Just nabbed this off AmiAmi for my growing Nendollection. *fistpumps*

RadioKaikan1246173988.jpg

Just 3 left on my want list of already-released Nendos. Any others...may or may not...be bought on a whim... >_>

Arclaid

The Meiko figures are actually pretty rad. I skipped the Catsuit version since I've heard it's a bit small for the price, but the school uniform version isn't that lewd. The box is hilarious, though. Obviously, her base is a reference to that scene where
what's-his-face was crawling through the storm drain. The base is packaged behind her, with a small window in the back of the box. If you look through it, it lines up perfectly with one of the holes in the base, and gives you a view of Meiko's crotch. Just like that scene in the manga. XD

I'm not really a huge fan of Meiko even though her scenes are hilarious. I would consider getting a figure of Mari in
the prison uniform
, though. :p

Just nabbed this off AmiAmi for my growing Nendollection. *fistpumps*

RadioKaikan1246173988.jpg

Just 3 left on my want list of already-released Nendos. Any others...may or may not...be bought on a whim... >_>

I can guarantee you're not going to have fun with her base. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom