• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i just ordered my first imported figure off of ami ami and was wondering what is better for shipping, ems, air small packet or sal small packet? what really is the difference between the three.

also what exactly is a game prize?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Staaaaare~

FIGURE-009551.jpg

Pre-ordered.

RMI

Banned
so i just ordered my first imported figure off of ami ami and was wondering what is better for shipping, ems, air small packet or sal small packet? what really is the difference between the three.

EMS is fastest and has tracking. SAL small parcel registered is good if you don't mind waiting. Not sure about air small packet. I usually get registered SAL small parcel uncle ss the shipment is large enough to require EMS.

A game prize is a figure made to go in a UFO catcher or crane game. Usually they're lower quality and inexpensive, but some can be quite nice.

Rosalina went on sale on Target.com (she's an exclusive) last night at 2:35AM and was sold out w/in 35 minutes.

Seriously?

Giolon

EMS is 3-5 day express shipping and is the most expensive ($15-$20 per average single figure package to the US). Fastest, requires a signature in person upon delivery (in the US at least), has tracking.

Air Small Packet 5-10 day semi-express shipping (about $5 less than EMS). Also requires a signature in person. Has tracking.

SAL Small Packet is 10-30 day shipping. During Nov - January it can take even longer. It comes in two varieties. Registered has tracking information but costs slightly more (about $5 less than Air Small packet) and requires a signature, Unregistered has no tracking information and doesn't require a signature, and it's the cheapest (about $5-$7).

Game Prizes are figures that are intended to be prizes for claw machines or other games and aren't typically sold separately (although they always are in at least half the shops in Akiba). Regular figure sites like AmiAmi don't stock them, so you have to go through sites like Big In Japan that get their hands on them through other methods or catch them second hand on Mandarake or Rakuten.

Seriously?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=953968

Neo Dark

Rosalina went on sale on Target.com (she's an exclusive) last night at 2:35AM and was sold out w/in 35 minutes.

Wow... I missed that. And yeah I'm aware she's an exclusive. Just didn't know she finally went up. Any info on pre-ordering via store yet or is that still something they're keeping secret still

EMS is fastest and has tracking. SAL small parcel registered is good if you don't mind waiting. Not sure about air small packet. I usually get registered SAL small parcel uncle ss the shipment is large enough to require EMS.

A game prize is a figure made to go in a UFO catcher or crane game. Usually they're lower quality and inexpensive, but some can be quite nice.

EMS is 3-5 day express shipping and is the most expensive ($15-$20 per average single figure package to the US). Fastest, requires a signature in person upon delivery (in the US at least), has tracking.

Air Small Packet 5-10 day semi-express shipping (about $5 less than EMS). Also requires a signature in person. Has tracking.

SAL Small Packet is 10-30 day shipping. During Nov - January it can take even longer. It comes in two varieties. Registered has tracking information but costs slightly more (about $5 less than Air Small packet) and requires a signature, Unregistered has no tracking information and doesn't require a signature, and it's the cheapest (about $5-$7).

Game Prizes are figures that are intended to be prizes for claw machines or other games and aren't typically sold separately (although they always are in at least half the shops in Akiba). Regular figure sites like AmiAmi don't stock them, so you have to go through sites like Big In Japan that get their hands on them through other methods or catch them second hand on Mandarake or Rakuten.

thanks for the info! i don't mind waiting for it so i guess i'll choose sal small packet.

Wow... I missed that. And yeah I'm aware she's an exclusive. Just didn't know she finally went up. Any info on pre-ordering via store yet or is that still something they're keeping secret still

i missed it by like a minute. had it in my cart and had to fill in payment and shipping info and when i clicked purchase it was sold out.

Thank you guys !

--------------------------------------------------------------------

NY just told me that Azusa will be up for PO tmr... I'M READY !

10444512_623076981151087_7853614764191652699_n.jpg

Holy shit. Amazing setup man. Welcome to the OT! It's great to see so many newcomers.

Video review of Koto's 1/6 Wonder Woman posted on the Koto Facebook page aaaaand there's a big paint stain on her lower right torso. At least it looks like it to me.
lryLHsS.png

Lucky me, she is perfectly fine. :))

10421242_10200143391063406_4613933228258706762_n.jpg

10524683_10200143391503417_5490494865702577854_n.jpg

10387294_10200143391463416_4944412341202265876_n.jpg

1920358_10200143391423415_2520522562425830752_n.jpg

10516730_10200143392143433_3205749826679674769_n.jpg

Neo Dark

i missed it by like a minute. had it in my cart and had to fill in payment and shipping info and when i clicked purchase it was sold out.

Ouch that really sucks. I need to pay more attention to the amiibo thread. Kind of insane that they would release her at such an obscure time where most people were already asleep in the states

Thank you guys !

Was looking at your stuff earlier and I'm jealous. Want to help me find such a job where I can afford as much as you? Lol

Weird. I wonder how much money Nintendo is throwing away by keeping the supply so low.

I don't think they really mean to. They're just a company that doesn't overproduce more than what is necessary to make sure they don't lose money.
There's 50 playable characters in smash (49 if they don't make one for mii fighter) so near 50 amiibos will be released. That's a lot of shelf space and the only way to release them is to do waves and hopefully cycle back later on.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder if they'll throw a bone to Europeans in a similar fashion. Not that there's a Pokemon Center anywhere near where I live. It'd probably be a Nintendo UK online store thing (and they don't ship outside of the UK).

Nintendo UK seems to only stock F4F things so you'll probably find that will prevent them from stocking the Red nendo. So basically I can conclude that F4F is to blame for the lack of Red nendo in Europe. They are that bad.

RMI

Banned
I don't think they really mean to. They're just a company that doesn't overproduce more than what is necessary to make sure they don't lose money.
There's 50 playable characters in smash (49 if they don't make one for mii fighter) so near 50 amiibos will be released. That's a lot of shelf space and the only way to release them is to do waves and hopefully cycle back later on.

Yeah I agree, but I wonder if they were a little too conservative in estimating the demand.

Zerojul

Hot Toys Obi Wan:

Hot Toys Darth Vader:

Random pick of the new figures shown and announced, baby groot is tiny:

Mmmh Vader looks good my Sideshow will do. I will have to get that McGuiness Obi-Wan though.
Which Iron-Man armor is that on the last pic ? Looks a bit dark for Mk XLIII but that might just be the lightning for the photo :/

I already have a weakness for Ship Girls, why'd they have to put out another nendo with a cute as a button sailor uniform?

FIGURE-009549.jpg

Not preordering but she's on my watch list.

Busaiku

They have a nice looking site, whats the catch?

Didn't someone here have a lot of trouble trying to get a Snow Miku Nendoroid from them?
And then it took a lot of people putting them on blast to actually give them the refund (they weren't doing so initially)?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I have all the HT Star Wars stuff on order but shit this is getting ridiculous. Doubt I'll be buying much from Avengers at this point.

I think their trying to get as much of the OT stuff as they can before the new film hits, I think I'm only skipping 1/4 Boba Fett at the moment, though I loved him as a kid I just can't give Star War 1/4 status in my collection. As for the Avengers I'm mixing and matching different figures from different marvel films for an eventual full set, which includes Wolverine and Spider-man (Punisher will go when I get another Marvel figure):

I'm hoping to add Avengers 2 Thor and Captain America Hot Toy figures as I've skipped all the other releases for not liking them enough to spend "Hot Toy" money on 'em. Hulkbuster Ironman might be my breaking point in terms of what I can afford to add to my collection and keep up with all these things...

All I know is that all these new Hot Toys releases are gonna end up killing my anime figure collecting...

Again...

Neo Dark

Yeah I agree, but I wonder if they were a little too conservative in estimating the demand.
Probably. Think they'll be more lenient if they start restocking the previous ones. Also... I read Target didn't limit pre-orders. Are you serious? Have they not heard of scalpers? No wonder they sold out so fast. Should have been limited to one per household.

Yaari

So I had 2 AmiAmi packages shipped on the 27 and the 28th, I received one last week, and the other one still isn't here. Should I be worried? I understand it can take a long time, but I find it weird that the other got here so much faster. This was SAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom