• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

It's not a nendo. Buy it. What could go wrong?

Actually it IS a nendo. An incredibly great one, as you get 2 nendos + mecha wooser for the price of one.

Her sister Ren isn't as cool but you still get a 2nd nendo as part of the package. So that's 5 (!) for the price of two!

84JZxIf.jpg
y4RiZ0T.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Bunny version of Cecilia Alcott is ready for payment on AmiAmi.

I ordered three from that series, but they all come in January or after

Thank you guys !

--------------------------------------------------------------------

NY just told me that Azusa will be up for PO tmr... I'M READY !

10444512_623076981151087_7853614764191652699_n.jpg

Lucky me, she is perfectly fine. :))

I DO NOT want to miss out on this. Is it only available at the above site or will NY, BiJ, etc get it too?

:(

I ordered Wo Class nendo.

I fear Airfield Princess is next.

HALP

Also, did GSC shit the bed with Kantai? Wo-Class scale delayed to February 2015, and Wo-Class Nendo to January?

bigkrev

Kotobukiya Mitsuru 7k
opened/box damaged
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1660112.html
403.jpg

Better than the alter one imo

Maaaannnnnnnnnnnnn I really want that.... but I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to start buying full sized anime ladies, because that's the point in my head where this goes from mostly harmless to full on creeper mode.

If Nendo Red is still in-stock a few days from now on Amazon, i'm buying him though.

omlet

Maaaannnnnnnnnnnnn I really want that.... but I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to start buying full sized anime ladies, because that's the point in my head where this goes from mostly harmless to full on creeper mode.
As long as you're not buying 2lewd/nude figures you're still in the safe zone. Stop fighting it.

If Nendo Red is still in-stock a few days from now on Amazon, i'm buying him though.

:\

Settin

Actually it IS a nendo. An incredibly great one, as you get 2 nendos + mecha wooser for the price of one.

Her sister Ren isn't as cool but you still get a 2nd nendo as part of the package. So that's 5 (!) for the price of two!
Bombless. I'm enabling here. It's not a nendo *wink-nudge*

StayDead

Get risers that are at least three inches tall, and you'll want them to be wider than you think as a lot of Nendos come with little extras like the Red Nendo and his Pokiemanz. Do not get ones that have steps.

Anything beyond that is preference. I bought two inch ones and I feel like they're too short. I would recommend a 3 inch height and at least a three inch width/depth, but four is better.

Any idea where you can buy these? :p

StayDead

http://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Product-Home-Page/Long-Risers/Long-Riser-x-x-thick.html

Those are a little expensive. Well, only expensive if you have a bunch of Nendos. :p

You can go with the square ones, but I really, really recommend getting one dimension (width or depth) at least four inches.

I don't know if they ship internationally but even so my wallet is already dead. I might stick to using Nendo petit boxes as risers even when everythings inside my detolfs when I buy them for now >_<

Trevelyon

Hey, I'm kind of fresh to figure/ma/model/statue collecting, so bear with. Was chasing down a Figuarts of Kamen Rider Gaim Kiwami Arms . Obviously very popular and very sold out.

Now going through many established sites, re-sellers and suggested vendors is also a endeavour in sold the fuck out (Play-Asia was the only vendor in stock and at 1$20 AUD/US 99 or so dollars) So, now eBay and Amazon start calling my name, lots of well under the average price listing of other reputable hobby chains, lots of stock pictures of the set, lots of positive feedback on the ebay side, everything looks like a lock on, c'mon!! on price.

But, too good to be for real, right? I'm looking to be set on the right path here, are there any ebay/amazon sure thing sellers who don't wallet gouge and have proven track records. Don't mean to be babysat through the process, but maybe this one time, what is the best deal on this particular figure.

Just give in to your true self.

Einbroch

Banned
Hey, I'm kind of fresh to figure/ma/model/statue collecting, so bear with. Was chasing down a Figuarts of Kamen Rider Gaim Kiwami Arms . Obviously very popular and very sold out.

Now going through many established sites, re-sellers and suggested vendors is also a endeavour in sold the fuck out (Play-Asia was the only vendor in stock and at 1$20 AUD/US 99 or so dollars) So, now eBay and Amazon start calling my name, lots of well under the average price listing of other reputable hobby chains, lots of stock pictures of the set, lots of positive feedback on the ebay side, everything looks like a lock on, c'mon!! on price.

But, too good to be for real, right? I'm looking to be set on the right path here, are there any ebay/amazon sure thing sellers who don't wallet gouge and have proven track records. Don't mean to be babysat through the process, but maybe this one time, what is the best deal on this particular figure.

First step: Go to myfigurecollection.net and find your figure. If it has a giant counterfeit warning, take extra super extra omg extra care. Even if it doesn't, that doesn't mean you're in the clear, but it's better than nothing. Yours does not, so it's a good sign. But, again, you're not 100% safe.

Second step: Look at the seller. Look at their other transactions. Look at their location. Look at where the item is made. Look for "authentic" (obviously, this could be a lie, too). China? WARNING WARNING WARNING. eBay can be a great place to find deals, but yeah, you have to be careful. A lot of western mom-and-pop toy shops list their goods on eBay as a cheap way to move inventory. Of course, it's also a haven for counterfeiters to rip off people.

If everything looks okay, order. But these are only guidelines, you're always at risk and eBay should be used as a last resort unless you're certain there's no other reasonable way.

Full size? None of these are full size.
And really, look at all the people out there with swimsuit calendars and bikini desktop wallpapers. Pretty much the exact same thing, just better.

Einbroch, change that url to .NET. Right now you're just directing people to spam.

EDIT: I see you noticed.

johnsmith

remember me

I was like you once. You'll give in. May as well take the plunge now.

Trevelyon

First step: Go to myfigurecollection.net and find your figure. If it has a giant counterfeit warning, take extra super extra omg extra care. Even if it doesn't, that doesn't mean you're in the clear, but it's better than nothing. Yours does not, so it's a good sign. But, again, you're not 100% safe.

Second step: Look at the seller. Look at their other transactions. Look at their location. China? WARNING WARNING WARNING. eBay can be a great place to find deals, but yeah, you have to be careful. A lot of western mom-and-pop toy shops list their goods on eBay as a cheap way to move inventory. Of course, it's also a haven for counterfeiters to rip off people.

If everything looks okay, order. But these are only guidelines, you're always at risk and eBay should be used as a last resort unless you're certain there's no other reasonable way.

Thanks Einbroch, you're a good egg. Anything to minimize risk and narrow down a potential real deal is a reassuring start. I'm currently sifting through that Japanese to the West eBay seller vortex. All seem to be native JP sellers, nothing out of HK, Singapore or mainland China.

But yeah, if there's any solid toku ebay'ers sellers that people who'd like to shout my way, that'd also be reassuring.

Einbroch

Banned
Thanks Einbroch, you're a good egg. Anything to minimize risk and narrow down a potential real deal is a reassuring start. I'm currently sifting through that Japanese to the West eBay seller vortex. All seem to be native JP sellers, nothing out of HK, Singapore or mainland China.

But yeah, if there's any solid toku ebay'ers sellers that people who'd like to shout my way, that'd also be reassuring.

I looked through the list on eBay, and I would avoid this one.

No image of the box. All stock images. Free shipping, but says in the description that you will not get a tracking number. Doesn't focus on figures, but rather generic Japanese goods. Would likely not know a counterfeit/issues with the figure as their interests are broad. Big warning signs.

This one, however, looks legit. Knows about shipping (and how it's slow this time of the year). Reasonable price. Giant storefront.

kewlmyc

So we're a bunch of creeps huh....

I'm not crying, I swear.

Trevelyon

I looked through the list on eBay, and I would avoid this one.

No image of the box. All stock images. Free shipping, but says in the description that you will not get a tracking number. Doesn't focus on figures, but rather generic Japanese goods. Would likely not know a counterfeit/issues with the figure as their interests are broad. Big warning signs.

This one, however, looks legit. Knows about shipping (and how it's slow this time of the year). Reasonable price. Giant storefront.

Seriously, thank you. You've taken a lot of the anxiety out my search (though, not to heap any burden on yourself if anything were to go wrong) I will take the chance on this, the price is definitely reasonable, if not fantastic considering the mark ups I have seen.

This will be seriously a great new year's pick me up. You guys are alright. :)

Giolon

Got shipping notice for Figma Guyver.

Easily one of the most memorable characters from my childhood, hope the figure is good.

Really liking this, the others in the line haven't interested me much but this really stands out.

Do these sell out fast or is it okay to wait on them for a sale or something?

You can typically find them on Amazon for about $50-$60 w/ Prime about 2-6 months after their release. However, once the stock sells out, it can skyrocket in price. Basically you're ok to wait a little bit, but don't wait too long.

Neo Dark

FigureGAF, anyone with experience importing amiibos from Japan and how much an order comes out to be in total upon arriving at your house?

BadWolf

You can typically find them on Amazon for about $50-$60 w/ Prime about 2-6 months after their release. However, once the stock sells out, it can skyrocket in price. Basically you're ok to wait a little bit, but don't wait too long.

Thank you :)

How concerned should I be with getting a fake from Mandarake?

Also, I wish registered didn't come with a tracking number. I check them far too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom