• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
FigureGAF, anyone with experience importing amiibos from Japan and how much an order comes out to be in total upon arriving at your house?

Probably depends on how much you choose for shipping, if its in an order by itself and if you are in a country where customs hates you.

It'll probably be more expensive in the end than buying from retail.

How concerned should I be with getting a fake from Mandarake?

I have never heard stories of Mandarake selling fakes. I imagine since this is what they basically do (buy and sell used stuff) they can tell what's fake or not and refuse to buy/sell them.

omlet

FigureGAF, anyone with experience importing amiibos from Japan and how much an order comes out to be in total upon arriving at your house?

Need more info to help answer this question. I mean, it really just comes down to shipping and the conversion rate on the day you order. You can expect to pay upwards of 1000 yen for shipping. Plus customs, if you have to deal with that.

How concerned should I be with getting a fake from Mandarake?

You shouldn't be, AFAIK.

They specialize in second-hand goods only so they don't have bulk stock that could be bootlegs and can probably spot a fake and refuse to take it in the first place.

Actually it IS a nendo. An incredibly great one, as you get 2 nendos + mecha wooser for the price of one.

Her sister Ren isn't as cool but you still get a 2nd nendo as part of the package. So that's 5 (!) for the price of two!

Came to the thread to sigh about the Natsume Alter being delayed another month, but instead I find myself suddenly considering these Nendos. I really shouldn't start looking for these since I bet they're above retail by now and I'm still actively resisting the Kageyama Nendo
even though he's my favorite Haikyuu!! character
. But I also really did enjoy Wooser...

I need to exit the thread again before I start feeling enabled. haha

Neo Dark

Probably depends on how much you choose for shipping, if its in an order by itself and if you are in a country where customs hates you.

It'll probably be more expensive in the end than buying from retail.

Hmm, well I live in the U.S. I have a friend that recently ordered 3 from AmiAmi and said the order came out to be about 36 dollars in total but I'm also wondering about the custom part myself since I'm only getting my first imports in 2 months. Plus I'm not really sure what the weight of amiibos approximately are in kg. Anyone got that information somewhere?

omlet

So I unboxed the King of Heros today and tried to put him in my DETOLF...
8Gs4oOj.jpg

1HCoMED.jpg

pAmIaxH.jpg

lCT0ZRx.jpg
..looks like this is going to take some work...

Came to the thread to sigh about the Natsume Alter being delayed another month, but instead I find myself suddenly considering these Nendos. I really shouldn't start looking for these since I bet they're above retail by now and I'm still actively resisting the Kageyama Nendo

You are already posting here, so it's basically too late~

Hmm, well I live in the U.S. I have a friend that recently ordered 3 from AmiAmi and said the order came out to be about 36 dollars in total but I'm also wondering about the custom part myself since I'm only getting my first imports in 2 months. Plus I'm not really sure what the weight of amiibos approximately are in kg. Anyone got that information somewhere?

In the US means customs isn't a problem since if its under a certain value so lucky for us.

The weight would depend on what else is in the order and that would determine what size box they use. If it is just amiibos (like 2 or 3), it could probably be less than 1000 yen for SAL registered.

It is to late my friend.

Neo Dark

You are already posting here, so it's basically too late~

In the US means customs isn't a problem since if its under a certain value so lucky for us.

The weight would depend on what else is in the order and that would determine what size box they use. If it is just amiibos (like 2 or 3), it could probably be less than 1000 yen for SAL registered.

Yeah, I was looking at this import calculator thing and they also said amiibos were duty free so it looks like the order being 36 dollars for 3 makes sense. Anything lower might make it a bit higher to import though

Edit: Well unless you go unregistered SAL

So I started watching Wooser again last night and....
I_Kyubey1363851197.jpeg

Ordered. Rin was available on the EU GSC store and Ren was bought from Nippon-Yasan.

It's a good opportunity to test the EU GSC store!
*cough cough*

For some reason they didn't charge me in full, instead they put me on a 3 months payment plan. Couldn't change it either. Weird.

I need these. My heart. My wallet. I'm weeping.

Miku fans, I need some help. Is there any version similar to that one Nomura designed? I know some Miku fans hated her, but I thought she looked mighty fine, and if I had to start buying them (because let's face it, having at least one Miku is a must) I would like a more realistic one.

And speaking about her, I had to control myself to not buy this pair:

Miku fans, I need some help. Is there any version similar to that one Nomura designed? I know some Miku fans hated her, but I thought she looked mighty fine, and if I had to start buying them (because let's face it, having at least one Miku is a must) I would like a more realistic one.

And speaking about her, I had to control myself to not buy this pair:

FIGURE-006692_06.jpg

*sigh* One of my most wanted this year, she's seen a few delays but I'm hopeful she'll ship out by the end of this month for me.

Not sure about one similar to Miku x Nomura, she really is out there on her own as far as I know...

*sigh* One of my most wanted this year, she's seen a few delays but I'm hopeful she'll ship out by the end of this month for me.

Not sure about one similar to Miku x Nomura, she really is out there on her own as far as I know...

Thanks, my problem with Miku is that she is too popular, so if I start collecting her I will eventually get mad as fuck when I miss a pre-order because another thousand fans stayed up all night to do that. I have a friend that is already trying to enable me to buy her, just discovered that he is a huge fan of hers.

SoldnerKei

I did that here too this month, my only problem was the taxes and the shipping (over 7k yen in shipping).

wow 7k for shipping sounds like a lot, may I ask how many orders did you combine?

I don't recall amiami charged me more than 2k for a single figure, so I am kind o expectin around 5k at much for both figures

chrono01

So reviews for Mammon are now circulating [highly NSFW], and yeah...she looks as great as I imagined she would.

BIJ, would you kindly ship mine out today? I paid the additional shipping costs yesterday, so there shouldn't be anything else holding her up. I need my Mammon!

[This is a picture of the final-released product, from the review.]

SoldnerKei

Two scaled figures and a Nendo, EMS.

well, I guess it's sounds like a bit fair considering it was 3 items, thou yeah taxes can be such a pain, thanks for sharing!

well, I usually ship throu SAL Small Packet(registered) and price has always been consistent, so until april to see how much it'll be :'D
if they don't get delayed of course... something I am kind of expecting with Lucina...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Now this is a fucking bad ass looking Captain America, only took 4 movies to get a look that feels right:

It nice to see Hot Toys promoting the figures before the movie comes out instead of months after, looks like between Star Wars and Avengers I'm gonna be poor through 2015-2016, ramen noodles here I come...

Impotaku

More Youkai watch plamo to add to my ever growing collection, another nyan to the family. Love building these things, super cheap and look great when finished.
FIGURE-008465.jpg

Bombless

well, I guess it's sounds like a bit fair considering it was 3 items, thou yeah taxes can be such a pain, thanks for sharing!

well, I usually ship throu SAL Small Packet(registered) and price has always been consistent, so until april to see how much it'll be :'D
if they don't get delayed of course... something I am kind of expecting with Lucina...

If you go with SAL shipping during this period you are asking for a delivery time that's counted in many weeks. Also could get lost in the mass.

In other news, I have finally caved to the Steam Sales.

SoldnerKei

If you go with SAL shipping during this period you are asking for a delivery time that's counted in many weeks. Also could get lost in the mass.

yeah, I know around this period I should rely on better shipping methods, but since that order will ship until next year I guess I'll do fine, thanks for the tip.

So reviews for Mammon are now circulating [highly NSFW], and yeah...she looks as great as I imagined she would.

BIJ, would you kindly ship mine out today? I paid the additional shipping costs yesterday, so there shouldn't be anything else holding her up. I need my Mammon!

[This is a picture of the final-released product, from the review.]

I'm feeling... a bit greedy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Picked up Figuarts Luigi, Nendoroid Renge and Suigintou. Clerk also gave me the package and forgot to ask me to pay the customs charge :)

omlet

Okay, got all my nendos that I currently have unboxed and set up!

Set Yukiko up in a new pose... fun fact: you have to remove the hands from both arms for this to work.

Totori was my last of the current nendos to unbox. Unfortunately, she feels like she was stored in a hot warehouse or something for too long...her plastic feels oily/sticky. I gave the parts a short wash with some mild dish soap which helped a little bit but they still feel a bit unpleasant to the touch. Besides that, she seems to be OK. However, because her arms fall out rather easily I didn't set up a lot of different poses to photograph yet.
Chim is ready to go on an adventure.

I found you FigureGAF

Oh god oh no I found you FigureGAF. Right now my most expensive figure is the Kirigiri Danganronpa one from Phat Company. Everything else consists of Petite Neno's and random UFO catcher stuff

One day my Danganronpa figures won't be delayed. One day.

FIGURE-006176_03.jpg

Unfortunately, she feels like she was stored in a hot warehouse or something for too long...her plastic feels oily/sticky.

That happens to Nendos when they're in their box for too long so older unopened Nendos are frequent victims.
My Nao Nendo has the same problem but there are lots of guides around saying that the mild soap+water route is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom