• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Well here they are!

iHPo0xWNwaPHX.JPG

and some shots of the box because they're kinda hilarious.

I see a preowned Makoto going for 11k on AmiAmi and its sad that's the cheapest I ever seen a preowned one now. :[

A Shizuo for 11k too...

Figma Makoto for next April? Fuck.
I kind of wanted the Luke from Tales rerelease but two figmas and a Nendo preordered in one month is already straining what I'm willing to budget toward figures...

omlet

I don't even have 10 figures from this year so I'll just do top 5 of stuff from this year and a top 5 of "figures I got this year that weren't released this year." You guys in similar boat
girl
as me should do the same!

Top 5 Figures - Figures Released in 2014
This year was an interesting year in several ways. Definitely my biggest spending year since I started collecting. My shelving expansion project was satisfying, except now even with the extra room I'm looking like I will fill it up by the middle of 2015 already! Also this year was a first for several things: first male character figures, first cast off (though displayed with clothes on :p), first nendoroid... An eventful year!

5) Hasegawa Kobato - Noble Blood of Night ver (Kotobukiya)
One of the few Koto figures I have. I wouldn't consider this one an overall favorite in my collection but I like how it turned out.

4) Kirigiri Kyouko (Phat Company)
I haven't gotten around to playing the games yet, but the design of this one is just really good. Mine had a few paint flaws but I'm still happy with it.

3) Akemi Homura - Haregi ver (Stronger)
When the Maiko Madoka scale was announced, I wasn't really interested, but having seen how Homura turned out and how promising Mami's haregi version is looking I couldn't pass this up. All in for the whole set. Those gloves. That bangs pull! That smile!! Hurry up with the rest, please, Aniplex.

2) Suigintou - Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
It took 440 nendos before they made one that finally broke my resistance down. She turned out so great. My first nendo ever. The first of...well, several. I'm a cultist now.

1) Dark Angel Olivia (Kotobukiya)
No contest. Hands down best of the year and one of my new collection favorites. I don't think I've hit the preorder button so hard since Ultimate Madoka. She's gorgeous. Koto really outdid themselves with the detail on this figure.

Top 5 Figures - Older Figures Acquired in 2014
I "caught up" on several figures this year that I had previously passed on or had never known about. I think in terms of stuff I picked up that was older, this was definitely an Alter year. And a white-haired girl year, now that I think about it. I think next year is not going to be as active for me, now that I'm mostly caught up and am soon going to have to be considerate of my shelf space again. Without further ado, here's the rest of the list.

Runner Ups(aka 7-10 that I'm too lazy to rank and photograph right now but I like them all) Alice (Alpha x Omega), Kuroyukihime ~Death by Embracing~ (Max Factory), Millhiore F. Biscotti (Good Smile Company), and my most recent scale figure, Laura Bodewig Maid ver (Alter).

6) Yukiko Amagi - Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
Oh my goodness she is so adorable. Cutest nendo ever. Why aren't there more Persona nendos :(

5) Yuri Lowell & Rita Mordio (Alter)
Though two figures (well, four, technically), I'm giving these a single spot together since I got them as a pair. Best characters from Vesperia and quality Alter work. The little mimifigs they come with are a neat little bonus, too. A shame they didn't make a whole set of those sold separately.

4) Houmei (Alter)
The figure I forgot I wanted. I saw this one when it originally released and had to pass on it at the time due to the cost. With my current job and this year's exchange rate, I was able to snag an unopened one on amiami. While it does have TT's sameface, I still think it's really pretty and it has a neat figure design, especially with the base. Really happy to have been able to pick it up this year.

3) Shinku - Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
After my nendo defenses crumbled and I bought Suigintou, I had to get Shinku, too. She's great. Very well designed nendo. If GSC makes the rest of the RM into nendo I will buy them all. Please do it, GSC... please?

2) Melty (Alter)
I think I got this in January after it released so I can still count it for a 2014 purchase. Lovely sculpt, great paint job, and creative and unique base. Such a cutie.

1) Gwendolyn (Alter)
Another figure that I missed out on with the original release. Was able to find (and afford) one this year. Such an eye-catching figure and beautiful eyes. Her face is also really nice, the well-defined nose is a bit rare in anime figures but it really adds some depth to her face.

Einbroch

Banned
Why would you do that to her? :( Are we going to have to revoke your nendo cultist card?

I'm moving in a month! I'm actually putting away 2-3 Nendos a day. It hurts.

Speaking of moving, we had our house painted today. Blue-grey downstairs, grey upstairs. Walked in to check it out, and...

That ain't grey. Literally looks like a little girl's room. :lol

Hi, first post here. GuardianE was the person who showed me this thread, been collecting figures for about 6 months now. Posting my top 5 figures this year, im pretty sure you'll notice a trend.

TcUWbWm.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I guess Ill make one too but I need to go home see which 2014 figures made me squee the most.
kirigiri and Shiro are definitely on it.

Caladrius

My Top 10 (this is all time, right?. Not that I bought any figures that originated from this year anyway.)

1. Year of the Horse Optimus Prime
2. Samus Figma
3. Transformers Masterpiece Thundercracker
4. Len Append Nendoroid.

And that's everything. :[

I see a preowned Makoto going for 11k on AmiAmi and its sad that's the cheapest I ever seen a preowned one now. :[

If the 2nd season did well enough, there's still hope for a proper re-release.

Thrasher429

Neo Member
Tensei is really getting a figure. My wallet its doomed.

Coldcast too according to MFC. 11k on AmiAmi though, I was looking forward to it but I've not purchased any such type of figure before. Plus I'm beginning to get too many orders for April now.

Edit:

My top 5 figures from this year would be (so far at least, haven't received my november order yet and december is still to come.)

1. Maka Albarn (Medicom)

2. Son Goku re-release (Medicos)

3. Mikan (Alter)

4. Kirigiri (Phat)

5. Shiro (Kotobukiya)

Top 3 I acquired not from these year are
1. Ultimate Madoka by GSC
2. Canaan by GSC
3. Saber - Triumphant Excalibur (GSC)

If the 2nd season did well enough, there's still hope for a proper re-release.

tbt, if they start doing Free! Eternal Summer figures, I rather have a Sosuke figure~

And, I guess here's my year end list.

Top 3 Full Scale Figures I Got In 2014
1. Hajime Hinata
2. Kuroko Tetsuya Alternative Outfit
3. Kyoko Kirigiri

Top 3 Nendos I Got In 2014 (A little silly for this list since I still have like three unopened nendos here that I won't get to until next year)
1. Gilgamesh
2. Zetsubou Sensei
3. Monomi

Labrys

158035.jpg
215491.jpg

These are really the only two I've gotten in '14 that aren't Amiibos.

Both are awesome, I'm always happy to get figures from my favorite video game series. Hopefully there'll be some more Touch Detective nendos, I'd like to see Penelope and Chloe made.

Caladrius

tbt, if they start doing Free! Eternal Summer figures, I rather have a Sosuke figure~

I figured you'd say something like that. Still wouldn't be a bad second pick, at least.

If not for the looks from my family it would elicit, I would probably try to get figures of both.

...Never did get around to finishing the anime.

Come to think of it I haven't finished any anime since I watched....it.

I figured you'd say something like that. Still wouldn't be a bad second pick, at least.

If not for the looks from my family it would elicit, I would probably try to get figures of both.

...Never did get around to finishing the anime.

Come to think of it I haven't finished any anime since I watched....it.

If Sosuke ever gets a figure, I'm sure his pose wouldn't be that bad. It'll probably be boring but it'll be less looks giving than his butt is in your face Rin.

Caladrius

If Sosuke ever gets a figure, I'm sure his pose wouldn't be that bad. It'll probably be boring but it'll be less looks giving than his butt is in your face Rin.

It's not the poses so much as having figures of half-naked men on display in the first place. I'm out to my family and they're fine with that, but they have fairly restrained sensibilities, so they would be irritated by me displaying those kinds of figures (And my sister would make me the butt of many, many jokes), and if I can't do that, there's not much point.

Railyn

Neo Member

I agree...I don't imagine any of the Free! boys will get interesting poses besides Rin, which bums me out because I like dynamic figures. Still have mixed feelings about Makoto and Haru because they are so boring, but I like what they did for Rin.

I badly want a Momotarou if they do Eternal Summer figures...It'd be fun if they captured his personality!

Eternal Summer actually made me want to cancel my preorder for Haru, lol.

@Caladrius: Sorry to hear your family's putting a damper on you enjoying your hobby. :< I don't have it that bad...I just have to keep my anime hobbies to myself IRL to keep friends/acquaintances from humiliating me.

yami4ct

Almost finished building the Hi-Nu. Just need to decal the arms and weapons. Absurd amount of decals. They look great, but I've probably spent 8+ hours just putting them on. Will post some photos when I finish up tomorrow.

Also started building the PG Unicorn. Just got the torso done. LED kit is a bit terrifying to install due to the huge number of really thin wires, but it looks so glorious when lit. Photos really don't do it justice. Can't wait to do more when I can.

Zerojul

Now this is a fucking bad ass looking Captain America, only took 4 movies to get a look that feels right:

Hell yeah, I was tempted by the Winter Soldier version but didn't like much the color of his shield. This one looks like a defintive buy.

Almost finished building the Hi-Nu. Just need to decal the arms and weapons. Absurd amount of decals. They look great, but I've probably spent 8+ hours just putting them on. Will post some photos when I finish up tomorrow.
And I thought Nu ver. Ka was a bit heavy on the decals... I suck at them, but they look so good when they're on :/

chrono01

Some nice Top 10 in here. I'll have to post my own in the next day or two [once I come up with a list].

Oh, and Leviathan pre-ordered. But then, you already knew that, didn't you?

[I would have responded sooner, but I was in the middle of FFXIV.]

yami4ct

We're doing top 10 toys of 2014? Cool. Not 100% sure where I'd rank everything as of yet, but a quick list might go something like this

10) Transformers Generations Deluxe Rattrap
9) Transformers Voyager Rhinox
8) Transformers Generations Legends Shrapnel
7) SH Figuarts Gaim Kachidoki Arms
6) Transformers Generations Voyager Brainstorm
5) MG Hi-Nu Gundam Ver. Ka
4) SH Figuarts Gaim Kiwami Arms
3) Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee
2) PG Unicorn Gundam
1) Transformers Masterpiece Wheeljack

The TF Generations line just killed it this year. Really amazing figures for a mass production line. It's really hard for me to pick between PG Unicorn and MP Wheeljack as the top. Unicorn is a more impressive engineering feat, but Wheeljack is an amazing, fun toy. Overall, Wheeljack just edges it out because seeing my favorite G1 Figure realized in MP quality was really something special.

chrono01

Immediate payment. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT: They had a pay later despite having that so I did it. Azusa and Maou ordered.
It won't work.

BIJ will cancel your order if they state immediate payment required and you don't pay in-full upon placing your pre-order. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom