• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, first post here. GuardianE was the person who showed me this thread, been collecting figures for about 6 months now. Posting my top 5 figures this year, im pretty sure you'll notice a trend.

TcUWbWm.jpg

gonna' need some info. on the second character in from the left there sir.

If it's an in-stock item, usually within a day or two.
yeah, after posting that i checked my email for something and there was a request for payment. i decide to bump shipping up to air from sal and the total in usd came out to a bit cheeper than i was expecting (used google to convert). 22.96 total for my first imported figure. :)

Zerojul

Cooked up my top 10 list because why not. I hope it's okay. Warning : Saint Seiya stuff will definitely be posted.
10 - Myth Cloth EX Bronze Saint Cygnus Hyouga - Shinsei Cloth : Not my favorite bronze (that would be Shiryu), but the best bronze v2 Bandai has put out IMO.
9 - SRC Getter-1 : Great redesign of a great Nagai mech. I love this line more and more.
8 - Myth Cloth EX Specter Radamanthys : Would be higher if not for a color scheme that I'm not that found of (too purple). Awesome design though.
7 - SHF 18 Gou : Good design herself, plus she comes with a lot of fun parts for the Kuririn SHF, and Kuririn is my favorite DBZ character (weird, I know). Such a nice couple :)

LR98Bug.jpg
i7zmamz.jpg
cgv0hWS.jpg
tN1UFee.jpg

6 - Myth Cloth EX Gold Saint Taurus Aledbaran : Massive, heavy, excellent design. Wished he was a bit taller but he's really one of the best EX golds IMO.
5 - MG GX-9900 Gundam XI love the design of that MS and was very happy with the MG. Can't wait for XX.
4 - Nendoroid Link : The cutest thing I got this year, everybody should have one. What's not to love ?
3 - Myth Cloth EX Gold Saint Libra Dohko : My favorite Myth Cloth this year. Such a step forward from the regular version. Amazing.

7LLdL07.jpg
77OK0ok.jpg
u8dbTQl.jpg
2iLUtVs.jpg

2 - Hot Toys Iron Patriot : Amazing sculpt, Die Cast parts, the works. My first HT figure, definitely not the last. I've already got so many on preorder for 2015 I'm a little bit scared of what will happen with AOU stuff.
1 - Sideshow Darth Vader : That's my favorite figure ever. So much attention to detail (the "unmasked" head is awesome), such a great looking piece. Well worth the money.
FsCvdp4.jpg
NLSxrBh.jpg

Honorable mentions :
Megadrive Megatron : the concept is ridiculously fun, I love it. Preordered PS1 Optimus to go with him, of course.
MG MSN-04 Sazabi : It would have definitely made top 5 but it's a technically a December 2013 release, even if I got it early 2014. My favorite MG since Nu ver. Ka the year before.

ZXXE9Mj.png
VeJd04X.jpg

Neo Dark

Anyone got a way to stay awake forever? I put my computer to sleep and get ready for bed and check GAF on my phone a bit later and realized about when I put my computer to sleep was when Rosalina went up for pre-order

If you have a Figma on a stand should the stand be supporting it completely (as in the figure's feet shouldn't be touching the ground) or is it okay to have the weight distributed between the figure's feet on my desk and the stand?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
2014 figs of the year, for me I'm doing mine sorta weirdly, most of my purchases this year were sets, so I've categorized them with that in mind:

10. Bladerunner Blaster I know, not a figure (still a toy) but I've always wanted to get one of these but always managed to miss them getting re-released (they have been making them since 1984) and then the price shoots up. Thanks to Samurai heart for pointing out it was up on BiginJapan!!

9. Yamato Space Gals, yeah tight fitting space suit Space gals, Melda Dietz is on her way to join these three, and Samus is no longer the lonely space girl on my shelves.

8. Freddy and Jason bishoujos, originally I was opposed to the idea of these, but I warmed up to them, and the notion that more will be made got me on-board the Horror Girl Bishoujos train...

7. Asuna, gonna call her a bondage fairy, shining wizard knocked this out of the park still planning to pair her up with the Koto Sakuya next year, but for now she's just lovely on her own.

6. Tharja, never having played my copy of FE, I bought her on pose and looks alone, and 'cause of dat ass.

5. The Dragon's Crown girls, never would have bought just one, best is Elf, followed by Sorceress, followed by Amazon, followed by Tiki, but number 5 is all of 'em...

4.Medicom RAH Guts, while his pics didn't come out, so Stock photo, 1/6 scale figures are my bag, and this young Guts is just a fantastic representation of his naive ass.

3. Devil's Cheerleader, had to cancel stuff to get this, but got this I did, she's the best female this year, cancer nipples and all, the enitre figure is an absurd throwback to American hot rod culture which is what rockin' jelly bean took inspiration from... From r.crumb to big daddy roth, RJB has taken all their styles and distilled it to perfection...

2. Hot Toys... Yeah, the company gets number 2, only picked up the Spiderman and BD T-800 this year, but hands down they beat everything else released except for other Hot Toys (and the number one)...

1. Sideshow Hellboy, with 2 head's 2 right hands of doom, a perfectly paint job and sculpt that some how betters Mignolia inconstant art while statying true to it in some kind of wierd balance of art versus reality, this 1/4 scale mother fucker took all the milkshakes and drank them all up...

Honerable mention would be the Guyver figma, another childhood hero brought to life, but tiny, and not the 1/6 scale I'd kill for...

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda, but didn't come out delayed figure of the year is Queen of the Dead, cause dat ass is phat...

Wtf Azusa sold out already? Oh well....

I would do the pay now but not with a big order I have to pay for. I have spent enough this month and I was already on the fence about her.

Thanks for the alternative, but I think I'll hold off... knowing me I'd end up committing to getting the whole set (gotta catch 'em all!) so it's money saved if I can restrain myself!

Ya same here, to be honest she is cute but she doesn't look to much like her.
I might be trying to justify holding off to myself though :p

So a company called Stronger is making the Azusa figure. I looked them up on MFC and not many of their figures have been released. They are making the Devil Homura though.

Anyone have experience with them?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Found some more:
fqzSWTR.jpg

8g4Ylj2.jpg

First 1/4 scale Iron Man is the Mark 43:
XVouCX1.jpg

BTW their is a Toy convention called Toy Soul happening from the 19th-21st hence all the reveals ...

Definitely getting 1/6 IM Mark 43, Cap, Thor, and Thanos.... Hulkbuster is guessed to be 22" tall in this video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy7Y-IzOm24 might not be able to swing it with all these Avengers and the avalanche of awesome Star wars stuff...

That said, Hulk looks the same as the first one expect for one hand and the pants, Hawkeye is just wearing new duds (but looks much better), and Thor looks like the Dark World II one with silver metal discs instead of gold... Already know the Mark 43 is a repaint of the Mark 42 (a much better looking Iron Man then the near all gold look to me)... Even Widow looks the same as the Winter Soilder one (with shorter hair)...

Still need to see Ultron before my wallet explodes like microwave with a fork in it...

EDIT: Tons of pics here

cajunator

Banned

Yaari

So a company called Stronger is making the Azusa figure. I looked them up on MFC and not many of their figures have been released. They are making the Devil Homura though.

Anyone have experience with them?

I have this; http://myfigurecollection.net/item/188278
I love that figure, she looks great. No complaints there.

As for the Azusa. I'm not sure if I'm going for her. If I get one, I will have to get all of them. Too bad. Can't have everything I guess.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Hot damn the Blade Runner - Blaster Gun Replica (Takagi Type) is already here, I wasn't expecting it at all, even with EMS shipping, then I noticed that Big in Japan marked it down at 2,000jpy...

Very heavy, it's like solid PVC and ABS, no stand, can't pull the triggers, doesn't light up, might not be the best of the best but it'll have to do... Need to find a stand though...

Early word from Asia is that Hulkbuster is gonna be
$1000

OvG26Jk.gif

Man that's way more than Iron Monger at that price they're probably including an Iron Man =O
Hot damn the Blade Runner - Blaster Gun Replica (Takagi Type) is already here, I wasn't expecting it at all, even with EMS shipping, then I noticed that Big in Japan marked it down at 2,000jpy...

Very heavy, it's like solid PVC and ABS, no stand, can't pull the triggers, doesn't light up, might not be the best of the best but it'll have to do... Need to find a stand though...
No need to tell BiJ to mark down anymore =O?

Preview: RAH Kirito by MEDICOM TOY

“Deploying for Battle Next Week!” Nendoroid Kirishima ♪
o0515049213162995537.jpg

From the popular browser game ‘Kantai Collection -KanColle-’ comes a Nendoroid of the 4th Kongo-class battleship, Kirishima! She comes with both a microphone and a megaphone to represent her famous ‘mike check’ introduction line from the game!Various shooting effect parts are also included to chase down her enemies, and once she has caught up she also comes with punching effect parts for some close combat! Type 3 Shell’s are also included, along with the bullets inside the shells for even more effect! Last but not least, she also comes with a sofa to display her relaxing at tea time with her sisters!
o0515041513162995377.jpg

o0515035313162995538.jpg

o0515044913162995716.jpg

o0515054213163021760.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Best looking kongo Nendo yet, but it's hard to get excited when they're all so similar.

Gimme the bad girls and unique designs plz.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Man that's way more than Iron Monger at that price they're probably including an Iron Man =O

No need to tell BiJ to mark down anymore =O?

Yeah Iron Monger was only 17.5 inches high though, Hulkbuster is looking like 22 inches high (supposed to be 11 feet high lifesized), and if he opens up like Iron Monger to show off Iron Man sitting in their then yeah I can believe it'll be $1000... (he might not open up though, gotta wait for the official pre-order release to find out)

And I didn't ask BiJ to do anything, so maybe it's just a Christmas present to my wallet, I'll thank them with more orders ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom