• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know who Satan-chan is. I have her ordered as well. Stop freaking out about it. Either she'll get delayed or she won't. The manufacturer being Orchid Seed, yes, there's a possibility of a delay, but not a guarantee.

Thanks.

Gave up on the Satan, will wait for the bike one (if it ever happens). In the meantime, just pre-ordered this:

hIE1411707588.jpeg

Will buy the extra guns as soon as they put it on sale. And a ex:ride three wheeler if I ever find one.

Einbroch

Banned
Interesting that people don't preorder things because they might get delayed. Not to call anyone out or anything.

If a figure gets delayed, it's not like you're out anything. Put the money away that you would have spent that month in a separate account, so when they eventually do come out, you'll have the money.

I think you're agonizing about the delay thing a bit too much. If you like her, order her.

I'll think for a while before pre-ordering her, the one that I really liked from Deadly Sins was Leviathan, and that one I already pre-ordered. Satan was just a bonus, but I'll try to control myself better.

Interesting that people don't preorder things because they might get delayed. Not to call anyone out or anything.

If a figure gets delayed, it's not like you're out anything. Put the money away that you would have spent that month in a separate account, so when they eventually do come out, you'll have the money.

On my case my problem is the payment, not the money itself. My credit card has a limit, so if it gets delayed even if I have the money I would not be able to pay for it, because I would be over the limit for the month.

Einbroch

Banned
On my case my problem is the payment, not the money itself. My credit card has a limit, so if it gets delayed even if I have the money I would not be able to pay for it, because I would be over the limit for the month.

Interesting. Is this a law for your country? Seems strange to have a limit if you have the money.

Interesting. Is this a law for your country? Seems strange to have a limit if you have the money.

Not for the country, but the credit card company itself. They give you an upper limit based on your income, so you don't get a credit card and spend a crapload of money without having a way to pay for it. In theory you could go over it, but the taxes would be overkill, insanely high.

I understand this. I've slowly been working on my credit history so that when I do ask for a limit increase, the chances of the company declining the increase will be low. With a lot of my purchases being made in the form of credit, I definitely end up thinking about the months ahead so that I don't accidentally go over the borrowing limit.

Einbroch

Banned
Not for the country, but the credit card company itself. They give you an upper limit based on your income, so you don't get a credit card and spend a crapload of money without having a way to pay for it. In theory you could go over it, but the taxes would be overkill, insanely high.

Oh, you mean you're at your credit limit? I thought you meant something like "I have 1000 in my account (cash) but can only spend 500 of it a month."

None of my credit cards are at the limit. Time to buy more figures!

fmjr.gif

I understand this. I've slowly been working on my credit history so that when I do ask for a limit increase, the chances of the company declining the increase will be low. With a lot of my purchases being made in the form of credit, I definitely end up thinking about the months ahead so that I don't accidentally go over the borrowing limit.

My problem is that my income is random, some months I get lucky others I get wrecked (
being a freelancer sucks
). But I never missed a payment yet, so at least that I'm clear.

Oh, you mean you're at your credit limit? I thought you meant something like "I have 1000 in my account (cash) but can only spend 500 of it a month."

Yeah, that's it. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I'll think for a while before pre-ordering her, the one that I really liked from Deadly Sins was Leviathan, and that one I already pre-ordered. Satan was just a bonus, but I'll try to control myself better.

The new Leviathan? I think I liked the original outfit better overall. This one is very... naked. But there is something cute about her. I dunno, I may grab her.

None of my credit cards are at the limit. Time to buy more figures!

XD

I'm nowhere near the limit on any of mine. But I'm not planning to ever get there.

The new Leviathan? I think I liked the original outfit better overall. This one is very... naked. But there is something cute about her. I dunno, I may grab her.

Yeah, the new one. I liked the old one, but there's something that I can't exactly explain on her that didn't "click" for me.

Nah, being serious I don't know why, maybe the face wasn't bratty enough.

Now I have to look at them side-by-side, because they both seem to have that type of expression.

Hmm... The original looks like she's angry more than bratty. And the new one looks like she has a surprised expression on her face, like "Whoa! My tits are busting out!" or "Zoinks! Look at my barely-covered crotch!"

Wanderer5

Once I get Mega Swampert and Red Nendo, I can probably do a top five, even if pretty much the rest of my choices are the more cheaper figures, like amiibo and Pop (which I tend to be not a fan of, but I found one this year that is a bit nice and even a limited edition I ended up finding at Barnes and Noble.XD)

I should have a new lens tonight for my camera! One that does some Macro even! (not suuuper macro, but macro enough)
I'm thinking of celebrating with ass shots.

Once I get Mega Swampert and Red Nendo, I can probably do a top five, even if pretty much the rest of my choices are the more cheaper figures, like amiibo and Pop (which I tend to be not a fan of, but I found one this year that is a bit nice and even a limited edition I ended up finding at Barnes and Noble.XD)

Wait, what? Where?

Now I have to look at them side-by-side, because they both seem to have that type of expression.

Hmm... The original looks like she's angry more than bratty. And the new one looks like she has a surprised expression on her face, like "Whoa! My tits are busting out!" or "Zoinks! Look at my barely-covered crotch!"

To me the new one is like "Stop looking at me you pervert" (with the regular pose), the other pose (spread) is something like "You wanted this? So now what, are you just going to stand there like an idiot?"

I found a chase variant of the POP! Smaug at Barnes & Noble early this week. Then I found Sauron today. :D

To me the new one is like "Stop looking at me you pervert" (with the regular pose), the other pose (spread) is something like "You wanted this? So now what, are you just going to stand there like an idiot?"

I like how we each have these different scenarios in our heads. We're such dorks.

This is the first time I've ever actually had a -breathingintensifies.gif- moment irl haha. I want it so much! Will look great next to my chibi Banshee Gundam and full size Jehuty. Chibi versions of badass badbuy death machines are way too awesome.

How the paintwork, and why's she got wings coming out of her head?

She doesn't actually. She's got an umbrella slung over her shoulder, and there's a bird perched on it.

As for the paintwork, it's really solid. There are a couple minor imperfections here and there, but if you're looking at her from more than 12" away, you're not going to notice anything.

Ryuuroden

Maaaan, don't be hatin'.

But it's the johnsmith way :p. Also, man am I glad my December orders got delayed. Super shitty sudden money crunch till January. And I get a shit ton of large bills at the end of the year that I am going to have to cancel services of temporarily, like my satellite radio service ".". I was counting on a Christmas bonus that it turns out I am not getting and was not told till now. Bonus is a couple thousand usually and I've spent on gifts on the assumption I was getting it. Reason is boss is retiring and shutting down company and since I am starting a new company and basically inheriting all the old companies customers he didn't feel we needed bonuses. I get it, I just wish I was told earlier. Contimplating finally getting a personal credit card. I've done without one for all my life and built a nearly perfect credit score without one. Sigh, and before you ask yeah I have business credit cards. End rant.

You should probably have a personal credit card in the off chance that the business disappears. You credit score could take a hit if it goes away without something else tied to your credit. Get one with a low credit limit and have your bills auto-charge to it and, if your bank allows, have it set up to auto-pay the credit card. That's what I do and it works like a charm.

Bombless

I am partial to General Satan myself, though biker Satan would be instabuy as well.

That Hulkbuster though....I want it. I probably won't be able to afford it, but I want it. And then I'll need a Hulk. And maybe an unarmoured Tony Stark. Oh god.

Kirito-chaaaaaaan!

As for my Top 10, I prefer not to give any numbers as I love them all. Still, here are 10 of my 2014 acquisitions :

Yamato Girls Kaoru Niimi - The reason is fairly apparent I think.

The amazing Kazuno from Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - I still don't have the room to display her properly (her asphalt blades are boxed) but she is great piece regardless.

Bearguy III - One of my favourite Gundam kits ever. Super cute, extremely articulate and downright FEROCIOUS! Just look at him and imagine the tiny rawrs! I look forward to acquiring the Bearguy Family soon.

The Dragon's Crown trinity - You can't have any of them without the others. No, don't even try to say otherwise.

Chun-Li vs Cammy - Giolon's fantastic photography spells it out well enough without me adding whatsoever to this duo.

YF-19 Isamu Type with Fast pack - When you absolutely, 100%, want something bombed the shit out of, accept no substitute.

Cyril Brooklyn - Masamune Shirow, fuck yeah. To display along with Iris Hallett for maximum hawtness. If you have a thing for legs that never seem to end, this is for you.

Calne Ca - It's not her fault, she's just drawn that way! <3 <3

Mammon - Heavy duty Greed. Probably the one figure I'm looking forward the most this year. She should be here next week!

Belphegor - 'nuff said.

All in all 2014 has been a crazy year. I was going to say an expensive one as well, but truth be told 2015 seems to have less pieces but for much higher prices. That figma Panzer IV is going to hurt, not to mention the arrival in port of the various GSC shipgirls.

I look forward to writhe in wallet agony with you all for another year!

As much as I love Santa Satan, I've always liked these two pieces of art and would instantly pre-order a figure based around them should they be made available.

The Seven Deadly Sins [and KanColle, for that matter] are my weak-points. :(

Those two weak-points are going to ultra combo your wallet for massive damage.

chrono01

Those two weak-points are going to ultra combo your wallet for massive damage.
They will.

The Seven Deadly Sins and their various "alternate" releases, a good number of those being exclusive.

The KanColle figures being exclusive [at least their DX versions which, let's face it, are needed for their weaponry] and expensive. Not to mention the number of characters...

Yeah, my wallet is dead.

They will.

The Seven Deadly Sins and their various "alternate" releases, a good number of those being exclusive.

The KanColle figures being exclusive [at least their DX versions which, let's face it, are needed for their weaponry] and expensive. Not to mention the number of characters...

Yeah, my wallet is dead.

Add tanned figures, which no doubt Seven Deadly Sins will do and your wallet =
9144a9b0_Akuma-Raging-Demon.gif

Edit: Added more appropriate GIF =P, that one didn't finish the other player off XD

So I opened up the adapter for the lens I got yesterday, hooked it all up, and holy shit, those are some NIIIIICE photos. The fact that the lens has some psuedo macro capabilities is also amazing. I'll definitely be re-shooting my photos. Might even post them to MFC.net.

I updated my figure spreadsheet (thanks Einbroch for the base model) and I have figures coming every month from January to June next year.

Better start looking for a new job.

So I opened up the adapter for the lens I got yesterday, hooked it all up, and holy shit, those are some NIIIIICE photos. The fact that the lens has some psuedo macro capabilities is also amazing. I'll definitely be re-shooting my photos. Might even post them to MFC.net.
Ugh, I've been putting off getting a macro lense for my Nikon, but might have to pick one up with figures on the way.

Ugh, I've been putting off getting a macro lense for my Nikon, but might have to pick one up with figures on the way.
Just get an old manual one and an adapter. I've spent $100 total on lenses, and have a good 50mm, 110mm, and a macro capable 28-70mm. Short of a good pancake 30mm I'm all set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom