• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is out of my price range; plus it goes quite fast and is for outdoor use only.

This looks awesome but it can only go forward, following a track, with no steering or speed control. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VfoScvZpNc)

These have pull-back action.

This one's cute but not powered!

What I want is something that fits a Nendoroid but is remote controlled at a decent price. Low-speed indoor use perfect! Maybe I should try modding an existing RC toy, but it's hard for me to tell which toy would work.

I do have this LEGO set though...

OMG. Someone DEFINITELY needs to find a way to hook that up to the Lego Technic super car... I think it was set 8880?

Zombine

Banned
6orVJZYQ.jpg

God damn Hasbro, get your act together.

67b.jpg

Impotaku

Finally made a move on my taiko no tatsujin arcade model kit, spent today putting it all together and painting in all the extra details like the silver coin slots on the front and the feet as well as the bachi as i didn't want to use stickers, oh the stickers were a pain they were extremely thin and has super strong glue so positioning was a nightmare but managed not to screw anything up. I also got out the soldering iron & hot glue gun and modded my kit to add lights in there just like the arcade would have had. My very own teeny tiny taiko arcade, works pretty good with my figures, you can slot in extra screenshots by taking off the lid, also have access to the battery box in there to turn on the lights.

Ryotsu can't wait to get started on having a go, there will be a line in my display cabinet once it's put in. Ryotsu vs Prof Layton in taiko 2 player battle hehe.

Finally made a move on my taiko no tatsujin arcade model kit, spent today putting it all together and painting in all the extra details like the silver coin slots on the front and the feet as well as the bachi as i didn't want to use stickers, oh the stickers were a pain they were extremely thin and has super strong glue so positioning was a nightmare but managed not to screw anything up. I also got out the soldering iron & hot glue gun and modded my kit to add lights in there just like the arcade would have had. My very own teeny tiny taiko arcade, works pretty good with my figures, you can slot in extra screenshots by taking off the lid, also have access to the battery box in there to turn on the lights.

Nice!

Bombless

(Forgive the blurry pic but this was presents business so I had to stash them asap to avoid discovery!)
Among this year's gifts I'm sneaking some figures in under the tree(s). Sakura is for mom. I'm not a fan of the series and mom has Naruko preordered so she'll need a magical girl to keep her company. They both also happen to be mallet girls!

The Man of Steel was a spur of the moment. I was out for some (very) late presents shopping and passed by the local store (that stocks mostly western licenses - comics, Star Wars, etc) and they had this guy at 100€ "discounted". It really isn't, but my father's girlfriend keeps telling me how she wants me to get a figure for her (she's always at home and picks up most of my deliveries) and, despite the current yen exchange rate, when factoring in delivery and taxes/customs fees, the price would end up somewhere over 100€.

I kinda want this gift to snowball into her embracing the hobby, if only to laugh at my father once the figures start overtaking his vynil collection. On the other hand, having an obsessed collector picking up MY shipments while I sleep doesn't sound too great. She wouldn't dare take anything from the box, right? Right? *twitch*

Edit : That taiko kit is fantastic! You did good work on it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Ryotsu can't wait to get started on having a go, there will be a line in my display cabinet once it's put in. Ryotsu vs Prof Layton in taiko 2 player battle hehe.

Wow I never know this exist.

Racing Miku 2015
B5iVFjXCYAMRsxa.jpg

This looks too much like 2014 Miku.

omlet

Took the wrong train home from work together, only added an extra hour to my commute but hey, look who welcomes me home.

Wow, mine just arrived tonight, too! Didn't expect them to be here before Christmas.

phoenix296, Professor Renegade, your Reds have arrived. I will be able to get them shipped out after Christmas. PMs incoming.

Wanderer5

Wow, mine just arrived tonight, too! Didn't expect them to be here before Christmas.

phoenix296, Professor Renegade, your Reds have arrived. I will be able to get them shipped out after Christmas. PMs incoming.

Heh thought it was going to come after too. Red has shattered so much expectations!

Bombless, is that Man of Steel 1/6? Koto still has it on their US shop for $120.... a bit steep. If it were a figure of Faora-Ul, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

cajunator

Banned
question. Do any of you have coldcast figures? I know Tensai is one and would be my first one. Is there a way I need to display her or take special care so as not to break the figure? I hear they are very fragile. Usually the sculpt is boring or some character I dont care about but this is the first one I absolutely must have.

question. Do any of you have coldcast figures? I know Tensai is one and would be my first one. Is there a way I need to display her or take special care so as not to break the figure? I hear they are very fragile. Usually the sculpt is boring or some character I dont care about but this is the first one I absolutely must have.

I had this really nice one of Asuka... until my cat happened. D:

I had it like 2 years, and other than making sure nothing caused any kind of impact with it, it didn't seem particularly hard to take care of. If anything, seemed really easy since it was a bit easier to clean.

Caladrius

549A2A834430F40016

1/7
price is
19.8k before discount, 15.1k at amiami

Max Factory had completely lost it.

It includes a real diamond and a better face, right

Whatever, they just need to make me a Punkish Len figure instead.

Maybe if I ever get rich I can special order one...

cajunator

Banned
I had this really nice one of Asuka... until my cat happened. D:

I had it like 2 years, and other than making sure nothing caused any kind of impact with it, it didn't seem particularly hard to take care of. If anything, seemed really easy since it was a bit easier to clean.

when they say its fragile, how fragile really? Are they molded in a certain way that makes the little pointy bits snap easily?

when they say its fragile, how fragile really? Are they molded in a certain way that makes the little pointy bits snap easily?
Well a fall of a few feet was enough to totally break it in half, and in multiple other places. They aren't so brittle that picking it up will break it, but drops and knocks will definitely be risky. Just make sure it doesn't fall over, and you should be fine.

cajunator

Banned
Well a fall of a few feet was enough to totally break it in half, and in multiple other places. They aren't so brittle that picking it up will break it, but drops and knocks will definitely be risky. Just make sure it doesn't fall over, and you should be fine.

Ill be sure to put her in my solid wood and glass curio for stability/protection.

Ill be sure to put her in my solid wood and glass curio for stability/protection.
Yeah, I dont know what figure it we're talking about, but the Asuka I had seemed pretty much designed to be as stable as possible... Leaning back in a chair with her hair keeping her from sliding out, and the chair was attached to the base... Aside from the desk wobbling her off, she was pretty stable.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I dont know what figure it we're talking about, but the Asuka I had seemed pretty much designed to be as stable as possible... Leaning back in a chair with her hair keeping her from sliding out, and the chair was attached to the base... Aside from the desk wobbling her off, she was pretty stable.

Tensai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom