• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Types in "figure and Christmas" this will do:
black-christmas.jpg

Merry Christmas Figure GAF =D

m0t0k1

Everyone means it at first, too.

But you won't last.

I can see what you mean. I have been hanging out in Amiibo threads at first everybody was disappointed in them but after letting it sink everybody has gone on a collector spree. Fox is looking at me now telling me to buy more friends :D. But i am still holding off. Yeah i do like Nendroids and Cu-Poche and figurines but i will see how i fare with holding off.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
what do you guys think of the attack on titan and berserk figmas?

I'm trying to stay off the slippery slope, but I'll entertain thoughts of figmas from properties I really am a fan of -- and I love AOT and Berserk.

For Berserk collectables the figmas are awesome, Buy them all:

They also said they are making Conrad,Ubik,Void,Slan, and Femto... You'll have a Berserk Army if you go down this path.

The Medicom Guts RAH is fuck all awesome too:

Seems to be a one and done deal though.

Also the 2 upcoming GSC wallet bombing polystone statues of Guts and Femto are gonna be the shit if they ever actually get released...

---------

In other news I saw the new Sideshow Catwoman PF was shipping, Imagine getting it a day before Christmas and she looks like this:

Jobbs

Banned

Yeah, I was looking at those. I see the only Guts available for a reasonable price is the band of the hawks version, which I suppose is okay, but it's not how I think of Guts. The "black swordsman" guts is how I think of guts, but it's $150 and stuff.

Casca and Griffith look pretty good.

Bombless

Character goods fans, the Amiami blog has an interview with Sakurai-san, Kotobukiya illustrator.

ShizuMecha : I see, you have to take the final form into consideration. Speaking of the finished product, have you ever run into someone using something you've designed?

Sakurai : Yes, and I do a little victory dance every time! It's not easy to do without being noticed and having the police called on me lol. In the end having people say that my drawings are cute is what it's all about!

Giolon

Sideshow and Gentle Giant have a pretty bad history with having completely fucked up eyes. There was a gorgeous Princess Leia in the style of the Clone Wars cartoon that I bought and returned b/c the eyes were completely fucked up. I looked at multiple copies of it too. Their issues make Koto's Bishoujo Chun-Li look fantastic.

So Figure-GAF, I have to tell you all I caved in. I've crossed a new line, and bought the first figure I don't think I can bring myself to display in public. I bought Mammon. I couldn't not. She arrived today just 20 minutes before I left for my family's for the holidays. I snapped a couple extremely quick pics before heading out the door. Apologies for the bad lighting and lack of sharpness (I'll replace these with new photos once I return home next week). I didn't even have a chance to put all her demon vegetables in the basket.

I don't know what I'm going to do. Her ridiculously sized breasts are un-concealable, and her strappy excuse for panties don't make turning her around any better. But OMG those gigantic horns and that drill hair! And the pile of coins!

Mammon was my second favorite of the Seven Sins designs (after Asmodeus). While in the original illustration she had large breasts, they weren't that large. Asmodeus's figure ended up about the size of the original Mammon illustration, and Mammon went even further into unspeakable territory.

Quality notes - While still of high quality overall, this has the most issues of my 3 Sins figures. Her wings wouldn't actually fit properly (and we're attached fully in the box) because her hair is in the way. I think I'm going to have to heat them up and bend them in order to get them to attach properly. Also, her hair has some really bad black paint transfer on it direct out of the box.

Settin

I don't know what I'm going to do. Her ridiculously sized breasts are un-concealable, and her strappy excuse for panties don't make turning her around any better. But OMG those gigantic horns and that drill hair! And the pile of coins!

Mammon was my second favorite of the Seven Sins designs (after Asmodeus). While in the original illustration she had large breasts, they weren't that large. Asmodeus's figure ended up about the size of the original Mammon illustration, and Mammon went even further into unspeakable territory.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Wanderer5

Well aside a couple figures I planning to look into in 2015, there is one plush I will probably look forward to, and it an actual official Manectric plush!

manectric-plush.jpg

Hope for some better shots of it soon. Me love some Manectric.<3

Bombless

Btw Giolon, if you compare Mammon with Alt. Mammon then the original is clearly rather conservative. You can display her and give that explanation whenever anyone mentions something. Make sure to show comparison pictures as well, that'll get your point across swimmingly.

They also said they are making Conrad,Ubik,Void,Slan, and Femto... You'll have a Berserk Army if you go down this path.

The Medicom Guts RAH is fuck all awesome too:

Seems to be a one and done deal though.

Also the 2 upcoming GSC wallet bombing polystone statues of Guts and Femto are gonna be the shit if they ever actually get released...

Berserk is one of the best manga ever and these Figmas are amazing, I didn't know the god hand is coming that's fantastic news, however I would kill for a Figma Skull Knight, imagine an EX version with horse et all OMG.
Btw are those yours? That berserker armor edition is pretty rare, and what are they still on their boxes? C'mon man, set them free, their possibility is incredible!

Yeah, I was looking at those. I see the only Guts available for a reasonable price is the band of the hawks version, which I suppose is okay, but it's not how I think of Guts. The "black swordsman" guts is how I think of guts, but it's $150 and stuff.

Casca and Griffith look pretty good.

The rule of thumb is that the older the figure and/or the more the run was limited (special edition like the Berserker Armor) the more expensive they are, Guts band of the hawk version is the more recent one, thus his price hasn't skyrocketed yet, depending of how much you are willing to pay they can all still be obtained, Casca is on sale at HLJ right now for like 2800 yen, that's a very good price. Getting the others for a decent price is going to take you some hunting and patience, Guts band of the hawk was available 2 days ago on mandrake for 3500 yen, I got a notification via email that it was on stock when I woke up, by the time I went to check it was gone already, you see, even if you have automatic notifications, you can't really compete against people in Japan since mandrake update their stock like at 2 am Easter time, so yeah , like I said, a little bit of luck and patience if you don't want to pay THAT much, I got the black swordsman from there that is on his way right now for like 7000 yen, not that cheap but that expensive either.

Just paid for my Racing Miku 2013 EV Mirai plus TT bike on amiami.com.

Total with EMS shipping was 10,970 yen.

But, the current US/Yen exchange rate is 1 USD = 117.366 JPY so I ended up paying $93.47 USD.

Wow, I didn't know the exchange rate was THAT good.

Merry Christmas to me, yo.

Gonna be pre-ordering Racing Miku 2015 figma once it's announced.

My wallet hates me. =(

Jobbs

Banned
The rule of thumb is that the older the figure and/or the more the run was limited (special edition like the Berserker Armor) the more expensive they are, Guts band of the hawk version is the more recent one, thus his price hasn't skyrocketed yet, depending of how much you are willing to pay they can all still be obtained,

This is a rule of thumb, but not all figmas go up, at least, not quickly. For instance, the first time I learned the word "Figma" was when someone was showing me the Other M Samus figma and I was like --- woh. And that has only gone down, Amazon has it for $39. That could be, however, because it's such a popular franchise that extends outside of the anime universe and this keeps supply up..

In any case, are the figmas I'm possibly interested in -- Namely, Guts BOH, Casca, Griffith, and Mikasi/Eren from Attack on Titan likely to go up in price, or are these popular enough that supply will stay high?

I'm new to this figma stuff, honestly, I'm a total greenie here and just dipping my toe in. So I'm curious if it's wise to just be decisive and pounce.

I don't know much about the Berserk figmas, but the AoT figmas will more than likely decrease in price in the future.
They're high now due to the popularity of the series. Because Armin was an exclusive release, however, he might not go down as much.

Femto.

Seven Sins
Nice last minute pics!

I'm trying so hard not to cave into this series, I know that if I do I will want them all.
Although the ones I really do want is Satan and Lucifer.

Received Red on Monday and he was probably one of the easier nendos I've had to put together thus far.

Giolon

Hnnnng. Can't wait to receive mine. And don't feel bad about going over the rule, not completing this series is a crime.

I need to be careful not to let this turn into a trend. I have that rule for a reason! But once you make one exception, it gets easier and easier to make others until what good is that rule anymore anyway?

I won't be completing the whole thing. Beelzebub's too loli, Belphegor's slime apple really, really grosses me out, and Leviathan's lack of anything further covering than a band-aid all leave them in no buy territory. Leviathan (the original release) has my favorite facial expression though - those eyes are burning.

Btw Giolon, if you compare Mammon with Alt. Mammon then the original is clearly rather conservative. You can display her and give that explanation whenever anyone mentions something. Make sure to show comparison pictures as well, that'll get your point across swimmingly.
ROFLMAO. Brilliant.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I do like to keep my collection publicly presentable. Mammon's put me in a quandary though.

Nice last minute pics!

I'm trying so hard not to cave into this series, I know that if I do I will want them all.
Although the ones I really do want is Satan and Lucifer.

Received Red on Monday and he was probably one of the easier nendos I've had to put together thus far.

I'm only getting/already bought my favorites: Asmodeus, Mammon, Satan, and Lucifer. Haven't even dove into the alternate series. Santa Satan is pretty amazing.

SoldnerKei

okay, this is just weird.

AUP0jNr.png

what are the chances?

lol you know what's funny? I got Toon Link too lol

merry xmas guys!
TL was an xmas present, my first nendo,,, and one of the few things I learned from figureGAF is that once you go nendo, there's no turning back... now I'll be fearing for the day when I order $200 bucks worth of nendos... anyway, I hope you had an awesome day people!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So Figure-GAF, I have to tell you all I caved in. I've crossed a new line, and bought the first figure I don't think I can bring myself to display in public. I bought Mammon. I couldn't not. She arrived today just 20 minutes before I left for my family's for the holidays. I snapped a couple extremely quick pics before heading out the door. Apologies for the bad lighting and lack of sharpness (I'll replace these with new photos once I return home next week). I didn't even have a chance to put all her demon vegetables in the basket.

Awesome pics, shame about the paint transfer, hard to get black off yellow, but with a little luck you might be able to clean it up...

You guys better not let Cheska hear you talking shit about Catwoman.
She bought it

Not my fault she can be crosseyed, every sideshow collector on other forums kept going on about how sideshow fixed the crossed eye issue, now they use decals, and it would never happen again... Blargh

At this price point this should never happen...

Berserk is one of the best manga ever and these Figmas are amazing, I didn't know the god hand is coming that's fantastic news, however I would kill for a Figma Skull Knight, imagine an EX version with horse et all OMG.
Btw are those yours? That berserker armor edition is pretty rare, and what are they still on their boxes? C'mon man, set them free, their possibility is incredible!

Yeah, a Skull Knight would be divine, and these are mine and each one has been opened before I moved, but I literally need to buy a some shelf's for the figmas to go though.

This is a rule of thumb, but not all figmas go up, at least, not quickly. For instance, the first time I learned the word "Figma" was when someone was showing me the Other M Samus figma and I was like --- woh. And that has only gone down, Amazon has it for $39. That could be, however, because it's such a popular franchise that extends outside of the anime universe and this keeps supply up..

In any case, are the figmas I'm possibly interested in -- Namely, Guts BOH, Casca, Griffith, and Mikasi/Eren from Attack on Titan likely to go up in price, or are these popular enough that supply will stay high?

I'm new to this figma stuff, honestly, I'm a total greenie here and just dipping my toe in. So I'm curious if it's wise to just be decisive and pounce.

The Samus figma got a re-release before that she was well over $100, supply met demand and now she's cheap everywhere, once that dries up though she'll go up in price again (if ever). The Berserk figmas have not been reprinted, if they were gonna reprint Guts BOH they would have done it by now, so you either pay the asking price or do without, even though I have them I'd never pay the current price for them, figmas are not Hot Toys and like Kotobukiya scales are only worth getting at retail.

That said affordable Berserk collectibles are rare, these fit the bill for entry level stuff and it's a shame you missed 'em. If you can live with the price then pay what you need to to get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom