• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyneth

I will need these.

B5ifNmzCIAAjLPO.jpg
Are these from Toy's Works? They would be cute to switch bodies with the senran kagura niitengos

Bombless

Maritan usually just translates Kahotan's articles on her own blog but this entry is an original, featuring a couple pictures of Motoko, Mirai Racing Miku and Sinon nendo.

It also made me aware of the existence of a Katanagatari nendo petit set. I'm both sad that it's just a petit set and relieve that it is, as I'm not interested in them. I'd throw ANYTHING at a nendo set of the full cast.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Racing Miku doesn't even race; more like Race Queen Miku. She's held a flag and an umbrella before. Lance and shield don't really fit the purpose.

Acid08

Banned
Amazon delayed a shipment so my Megahouse Yukiko and Gundam Real Touch markers won't be here until next week prolly ;_;

Wanderer5

What do lances and shields have to do with Racing? WAT?

Joust racing?:p

I barely know the miku stuff, but it looks like GSC makes a scale, figma, and nendoroid for racing miku each year? I would totally check out a figma or nendo of jousting Miku.:p Maybe those figma horses will come in handy!

Bombless

Joust racing?:p

I barely know the miku stuff, but it looks like GSC makes a scale, figma, and nendoroid for racing miku each year? I would totally check out a figma or nendo of jousting Miku.:p Maybe those figma horses will come in handy!

Correct. One of those will be exclusive to the Goodsmile Racing Sponsor program, ie the figure bundled with a number of Goodsmile Racing team goods for premium prices.

m0t0k1

Mike lured me into this thread. I never knew i wanted a figurine and i really love the looks of that yukata miki. Really captures her spirit.

I really need to save up for that. Do the prices on figurines rise when they are out? Or do i really need to drop in a pre order. Also heard that people always argue about the quality loss when they order their figurine compared to what is shown here on the pic. Do i need to be afraid of that with this company? Many thanks in advance.

Wanderer5

Correct. One of those will be exclusive to the Goodsmile Racing Sponsor program, ie the figure bundled with a number of Goodsmile Racing team goods for premium prices.

Miku sure is active just with GSC alone heh. Last couple Racing Miku look really neat, so maybe...XD

My Link nendo tracking says it departed Vancouver 3 days ago. I fear it may be stuck in customs limbo at this point because it doesn't take that long to get to the next Province over.

Ultimadrago

Added you had to make room for you, NNID will be the same as GAF name^

Really hope there'll be a game we will all play together lol, hoping it be Xenoblade Chronicle X and Figure GAF makes a faction, IF it's online in the way many are hoping in the XBX threads lol

Accepted your request. And yeah, that would be neat!

Wanderer5

My red nendoroid just came in, but course off it will go as a xmas gift for me later this week.:p Looks like Mega Swampert arrived a couple days ago in the US, so probably not long after Christmas hopefully.

Mike lured me into this thread. I never knew i wanted a figurine and i really love the looks of that yukata miki. Really captures her spirit.

I really need to save up for that. Do the prices on figurines rise when they are out? Or do i really need to drop in a pre order. Also heard that people always argue about the quality loss when they order their figurine compared to what is shown here on the pic. Do i need to be afraid of that with this company? Many thanks in advance.
Prices of figure rises and fall depending on the availability and reception of said figures, if it's particularly popular figure it will sell out quite quickly after release, if not you'll probably find plenty preowned later. There can be rare chances a sold out figure will get a re-release but if you really like the figure, I wouldn't risk it.

As for quality downgrade and such, I don't think you have to be afraid as it seems to be from Freeing and looking at their other figures they tend to be well received, there may be some downgrades in the sense that it's minute enough probably the most "nitpicker" of people will be the one to notice, but these downgrade tend to be due to the manufacturing process of mass producing said figures.
Unless you're Griffon =P
You'll be able to follow the update on the figure on this MyFigureCollection link

TLDR I recommend preordering if you really like the figure.

m0t0k1

Prices of figure rises and fall depending on the availability and reception of said figures, if it's particularly popular figure it will sell out quite quickly after release, if not you'll probably find plenty preowned later. There can be rare chances a sold out figure will get a re-release but if you really like the figure, I wouldn't risk it.

As for quality downgrade and such, I don't think you have to be afraid as it seems to be from Freeing and looking at their other figures they tend to be well received, there may be some downgrades in the sense that it's minute enough probably the most "nitpicker" of people will be the one to notice, but these downgrade tend to be due to the manufacturing process of mass producing said figures.
Unless you're Griffon =P
You'll be able to follow the update on the figure on this MyFigureCollection link

TLDR I recommend preordering if you really like the figure.

Many thanks for the information it is really helpful. Think i am going to preorder after the holidays then.

omlet

Figure prices post-release can go either way. Non-exclusives tend to not go up in price much/any, but that's not always the case. One thing that is fairly common is that places like amiami will give a good discount on their preorders (or in-stock), but will then sell preowned/restock at closer to MSRP if their initial stock runs out. Post-release price will depend primarily on MSRP and rarity, which popularity of the character and reputation of the company will impact in two ways; production run size and how fast they get bought up. My gut feeling is the stock of this one is not going to last long considering it looks nice, is a popular franchise, and has a reasonable (these days, for a scale) price of 7.5k yen. What that means for the post-release price, though, is really up in the air depending on demand, which is really impossible for us to know without knowing preorder numbers.

Basically you need to decide if you want to risk having to pay more for a figure you really like the look of. If you don't want to take the chance that it goes out of your price range, pre-order. In my case, I do have a few preorders for next year, but typically I don't preorder much, only the stuff that really grabs my attention and won't let go after several days of sleeping on it. If that happens, I will preorder. If my enthusiasm cools, I will wait for release and if price doesn't go up, great, I can get it then, otherwise, eh, I can live without.

One word of warning about waiting for post-release. If the figure turns out to be somewhat popular (like enough to have demand but not enough to have its price jacked up to 200% MSRP), you can hunt mandarake and the preowned section of amiami but remember the wise words of a FigureGAFfer, "preowned waits for no one." You may literally have that figure be purchased out from under you while you're adding it to your cart by someone who saw it first. It has happened to me before several times.

As for figures not turning out like prototype/stock images, I don't own any figures by FREEing so I don't know how their prototype and stock pictures compare to their actual products. For that, I strongly recommend checking out some user photos on myfigurecollection.net of some of their other stuff. Their prototypes look good to me, FWIW, and I can't recall much disgruntled rumblings around here about their products.

I know this is a lot of text, but getting started on this hobby isn't for the faint of heart or wallet; just trying to be helpful, not scare you away :lol

chrono01

It looks like I'll have to wait until the 27th [at the earliest] for my Mammon. She hasn't entered Canadian customs yet, and I'll be out of the city for the 24th/25th/26th. She was shipped via EMS too, but them, it IS the holidays. :(

Speaking of the holidays, best wishes to you all! Here's to 2015 being an amazing year for figures [the way things are looking, it definitely will be].

Luigi87

It looks like I'll have to wait until the 27th [at the earliest] for my Mammon. She hasn't entered Canadian customs yet, and I'll be out of the city for the 24th/25th/26th. She was shipped via EMS too, but them, it IS the holidays. :(

Speaking of the holidays, best wishes to you all! Here's to 2015 being an amazing year for figures [the way things are looking, it definitely will be].

This is the worst possible week to order something to Canada, especially from Japan.
23rd in Japan, offices were closed for the Emperor's birthday
25th is Christmas. 26th is Boxing Day.
... I need my mail, dammit ;_; (no figures coming in the next week, but bought Gundam Breakers 2)

chrono01

This is the worst possible week to order something to Canada, especially from Japan.
23rd in Japan, offices were closed for the Emperor's birthday
25th is Christmas. 26th is Boxing Day.
... I need my mail, dammit ;_; (no figures coming in the next week, but bought Gundam Breakers 2)
Yeah, Mammon was definitely released at the worst possible time. I was hoping to have her shipped out before all of this started, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Oh well, I'll consider it a late present to myself. While I wait, I'll look at a few more reviews to tide me over.

Oh, reviews for Chachamaru DX Ver. are out too. She should ship from AmiAmi in the next day or so. She'll look great standing/sitting alongside my Sansei Muramasa. Wing did a great job with her.

Ryuuroden

Racing Miku 2015
B5iVFjXCYAMRsxa.jpg

looks like miku #2 I will buy.

Yeah, Mammon was definitely released at the worst possible time. I was hoping to have her shipped out before all of this started, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Oh well, I'll consider it a late present to myself. While I wait, I'll look at a few more reviews to tide me over.

Oh, reviews for Chachamaru DX Ver. are out too. She should ship from AmiAmi in the next day or so. She'll look great standing/sitting alongside my Sansei Muramasa. Wing did a great job with her.

Beelzebub on the 5th and yet I never see any of you talk about her >.<

Einbroch

Banned
Merry Christmas FigureGAF. Heading out to the family's, so might not be posting as much or at all.

My mom got my Red Nendo and she's going to wrap it to make it seem like she got me more gifts than she did. Heh.

chrono01

Beelzebub on the 5th and yet I never see any of you talk about her >.<
I'm crazy-excited for her. I mean, she's sculpted by Hiroshi/Sakurazensen, how could I not be?

I'm just hoping she's not delayed. She's been given a specific launch day, so it shouldn't happen, but you never know...

I have her already paid for too, so that takes care of that!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
This is out of my price range; plus it goes quite fast and is for outdoor use only.

This looks awesome but it can only go forward, following a track, with no steering or speed control. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VfoScvZpNc)

These have pull-back action.

This one's cute but not powered!

What I want is something that fits a Nendoroid but is remote controlled at a decent price. Low-speed indoor use perfect! Maybe I should try modding an existing RC toy, but it's hard for me to tell which toy would work.

I do have this LEGO set though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom