• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
549A2A834430F40016

1/7
price is
19.8k before discount, 15.1k at amiami

Max Factory had completely lost it.
Whats wrong with your face?

Is it this one?
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1174167&ref=item:236342

If so, it seems to be pretty precariously balanced on that foot step, I'd try and use some adhesive to try and make sure she stays up. I wouldn't trust it without it. Regular PVC tends to have issues staying on those things, and this one will probably be a lot heavier than most, based off the one I had.

EDIT: To be clear, seeing the "stability" of this one, I personally wouldn't trust it.

cajunator

Banned
Is it this one?
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1174167&ref=item:236342

If so, it seems to be pretty precariously balanced on that foot step, I'd try and use some adhesive to try and make sure she stays up. I wouldn't trust it without it. Regular PVC tends to have issues staying on those things, and this one will probably be a lot heavier than most, based off the one I had.

EDIT: To be clear, seeing the "stability" of this one, I personally wouldn't trust it.

I can ensure her stability.

Ultimadrago

Hng

Finally made a move on my taiko no tatsujin arcade model kit, spent today putting it all together and painting in all the extra details like the silver coin slots on the front and the feet as well as the bachi as i didn't want to use stickers, oh the stickers were a pain they were extremely thin and has super strong glue so positioning was a nightmare but managed not to screw anything up. I also got out the soldering iron & hot glue gun and modded my kit to add lights in there just like the arcade would have had. My very own teeny tiny taiko arcade, works pretty good with my figures, you can slot in extra screenshots by taking off the lid, also have access to the battery box in there to turn on the lights.

Looks awesome!

Zerojul

Just got my 1/6 Sideshow General Grievous from HLJ, with a 68€ custom fee. Note to self : never order HT/SS 1/6 scales from Japan again. Those boxes are too big/heavy to sneak through borders unnoticed, and French customs catch EMS all the time anyway.

Also, merry Christmas everyone !

kewlmyc

549A2A834430F40016

1/7
price is
19.8k before discount, 15.1k at amiami

Max Factory had completely lost it.

Wow, I'm glad I only have 13 things on my wish list and they should all be pretty cheap when prices come out. Companies seem to be handling the yen crash by spiking prices on everything, which is to be expected.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Just got my 1/6 Sideshow General Grievous from HLJ, with a 68€ custom fee. Note to self : never order HT/SS 1/6 scales from Japan again. Those boxes are too big/heavy to sneak through borders unnoticed, and French customs catch EMS all the time anyway.

Also, merry Christmas everyone !

Yeah, it rarely works in our favor to order 1/6 scales from Japan, though Mandrake got me my RAH Manji figure without getting caught, most other places always get stuck in customs...

My last figure before Christmas arrived:

Space Dandy and Honey are stuck in customs :(

Happy whatever you celebrate...

omlet

Well, Merry Christmas guys and girls, it's been a fun year for figures, and 2015 is looking promising, too!

Stuck at the office again today._.

Oh, yeah, tangentially figure related: I started Danganronpa a few days ago and finished chapter one last night before going to sleep. Liking it so far other than the stupid bullshit rhythm game bullet time minigame which was really frustrating but at least was so short that it's not really hurting my overall enjoyment.

68€ custom fee
Holy moley. I'm so glad we don't have to deal with that in the US.

Yeah, it rarely works in our favor to order 1/6 scales from Japan, though Mandrake got me my RAH Manji figure without getting caught, most other places always get stuck in customs...

My last figure before Christmas arrived:

Space Dandy and Honey are stuck in customs :(

Happy whatever you celebrate...

Awesome figure! that's a Figma right? what show is it from?

And you are not the only one with stuff stuck in customs :(
most of my december purchases are still on their way, I am tracking like 8 different stuff every day. all bought from different places around the globe because some of them are more difficult to find/get than others, also chose SAL registered for all of them because I am cheap and also because I usually get my stuff delivered to my office and didn't want my packages to get there since I won't be back there till January

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Awesome figure! that's a Figma right? what show is it from?

And you are not the only one with stuff stuck in customs :(
most of my december purchases are still on their way, I am tracking like 8 different stuff every day. all bought from different places around the globe because some of them are more difficult to find/get than others, also chose SAL registered for all of them because I am cheap and also because I usually get my stuff delivered to my office and didn't want my packages to get there since I won't be back there till January

That's Guyver 1 figma from the Guyver anime/manga, which is a classic "young guy gets alien armor to fight monsters" type anime. Bloody, violent, and full of crazy fights, but might be a bit dated by today's standards...

Good luck with your figure waiting, this time of year most stuff sent SAL registered just take longer to arrive...

That's Guyver 1 figma from the Guyver anime/manga, which is a classic "young guy gets alien armor to fight monsters" type anime. Bloody, violent, and full of crazy fights, but might be a bit dated by today's standards...

Good luck with your figure waiting, this time of year most stuff sent SAL registered just take longer to arrive...

ohhh yeah, never got to watch that show, but that figure looks impecable, speaking of those shows, I watched something similar back in the day it was called "Tekkaman" I am talking the first show about it in the 70's, it was awesome, it was from Tatsunoko, I'd love if Figma will release some Tatsunoko figures, Gatchaman, Speed Racer oh man...

Syo and Natsuki for preorder tonight I believe, hopefully Im up to get them though I dont remember any of the other utapri selling out on the first night.

I wonder Cecil will get announced in the future.

Wanderer5

Aw Batwoman is being cancelled? I stop looking into the series ever since DC screw over Blackman and J.H. Williams III through, not to mention it seems the series went downhill too.:| What a damn shame.

Not really a fan of the glossing look of the Batwoman figure.

Bombless

Catching up on the thread...and that Gem Miku price. Lol. Didn't like her before the price, now...well...now I just laugh incontrolably. Dat face too.

That RAH Superman looks eeeeh too.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
ohhh yeah, never got to watch that show, but that figure looks impecable, speaking of those shows, I watched something similar back in the day it was called "Tekkaman" I am talking the first show about it in the 70's, it was awesome, it was from Tatsunoko, I'd love if Figma will release some Tatsunoko figures, Gatchaman, Speed Racer oh man...

I would easily buy all those figures, specifically Gatchaman, I would have a shelf dedicated to nothing but Jun if these figure makers would get their finger out...

That Koto Batwoman looks awesome, shame what happened to the comic, but DC gonna DC...

kewlmyc

Meeeeerry Christmas!

Gintama, Working, and Wooser next year? 2015 is looking good.

There's a bunch of anime I'm looking forward to next year.

Durarara!!x2
Jojo Part 3 Season 2
Digimon Adventure Tri
UBW part 2
Ore Monogatari
Oregairu 2
Yamada and the Seven Witches
Working 3
God Eater the Animation

omlet

There's a bunch of anime I'm looking forward to next year.
I'm hoping kinmoza season 2 gets scheduled for next year. I can't wait!

Didn't know Durarara was getting more anime. I liked some things about the first show but got bored with it... that said, I would probably give a second season a chance.

As for figures... darn you guys for reminding me about Beelzebub. NY is apparently still accepting orders. Also darn this unexpected Christmas bonus for burning a hole in my pocket.
No, I didn't buy it yet, but the thought has crossed my mind.

Jobbs

Banned
after not being sure I'd get another "Nendroid" I ended up with this:

uIjRxde.jpg

Not sure why -- I kinda went on a whim with the Pokemon trainer. I was trying to decide if my niece would like it (she's big into Pokemon) and then was told this one could end up rare/collectible and just went with it.

Incidentally -- I noticed my Link has Japanese packaging and Red has more American looking packaging. I got both from Amazon and there was no clear indication of which versoin I was getting. Is there a way to know? Generally I think I prefer the Japanese packaging -- For one, the American version has a massive choking warning on it, which is ugly, and for two the Japanese version feels more authentic because it's a Japanese company.

Also, are there any differences, generally, between American and Japanese versions other than the outside packaging? Finally, does one tend to be more collectible than the other?

Wanderer5

Incidentally -- I noticed my Link has Japanese packaging and Red has more American looking packaging. I got both from Amazon and there was no clear indication of which versoin I was getting. Is there a way to know?

Also, are there any differences, generally, between American and Japanese versions other than the outside packaging? Finally, does one tend to be more collectible than the other?

I don't think the nendo Link ever got a "official" english release per say, unlike the red nendo that has gotten one with the Pokemon center. In fact I kind of wonder if the english packaging is on the rarer side.

Wanderer5

Everything but the hair, pretty much. And they want 20k for that? lol.

Nice try, Max Factory. I'm sure the sculpt and detail quality will be high, since MF does good work, but that sure is one garish Miku
dayo

Ha ha was thinking the same. The one thing I really like about many of the miku figures including this one, is that the hair can be so beautiful and stylized with great texture, shape, and colors, even having some neat transparent or crystal like look.

m0t0k1

Figure prices post-release can go either way. Non-exclusives tend to not go up in price much/any, but that's not always the case. One thing that is fairly common is that places like amiami will give a good discount on their preorders (or in-stock), but will then sell preowned/restock at closer to MSRP if their initial stock runs out. Post-release price will depend primarily on MSRP and rarity, which popularity of the character and reputation of the company will impact in two ways; production run size and how fast they get bought up. My gut feeling is the stock of this one is not going to last long considering it looks nice, is a popular franchise, and has a reasonable (these days, for a scale) price of 7.5k yen. What that means for the post-release price, though, is really up in the air depending on demand, which is really impossible for us to know without knowing preorder numbers.

Basically you need to decide if you want to risk having to pay more for a figure you really like the look of. If you don't want to take the chance that it goes out of your price range, pre-order. In my case, I do have a few preorders for next year, but typically I don't preorder much, only the stuff that really grabs my attention and won't let go after several days of sleeping on it. If that happens, I will preorder. If my enthusiasm cools, I will wait for release and if price doesn't go up, great, I can get it then, otherwise, eh, I can live without.

One word of warning about waiting for post-release. If the figure turns out to be somewhat popular (like enough to have demand but not enough to have its price jacked up to 200% MSRP), you can hunt mandarake and the preowned section of amiami but remember the wise words of a FigureGAFfer, "preowned waits for no one." You may literally have that figure be purchased out from under you while you're adding it to your cart by someone who saw it first. It has happened to me before several times.

As for figures not turning out like prototype/stock images, I don't own any figures by FREEing so I don't know how their prototype and stock pictures compare to their actual products. For that, I strongly recommend checking out some user photos on myfigurecollection.net of some of their other stuff. Their prototypes look good to me, FWIW, and I can't recall much disgruntled rumblings around here about their products.

I know this is a lot of text, but getting started on this hobby isn't for the faint of heart or wallet; just trying to be helpful, not scare you away :lol

Sorry for the late reply. Been a bit busy before Christmas. But thank you so much for this informative post. I'll definitely take your words into account. You really gives a lot of info about the pre order routine. Once i will have a bit more time i will orientate where to pre order. Have been reading good impressions on the manufacturer. I am not looking into building an army of figurines:p. But owning one seems pretty cool.

Jobbs

Banned
what do you guys think of the attack on titan and berserk figmas?

I'm trying to stay off the slippery slope, but I'll entertain thoughts of figmas from properties I really am a fan of -- and I love AOT and Berserk.

Bombless

what do you guys think of the attack on titan and berserk figmas?

I'm trying to stay off the slippery slope, but I'll entertain thoughts of figmas from properties I really am a fan of -- and I love AOT and Berserk.

You can't go wrong with figmas, especially with the AoT ones given the possibilities of posing and their accessories.

Acid08

Banned
You mean the fact that DC editorial cock-blocked the lesbian wedding from going down, or that the book is cancelled after Annual #2 in April?
I haven't been reading Big Two comics for a while now and....yeah. Sad to hear Batwoman turned into something bad after the creative team switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom