• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be able to do this image with my own figs next year, hyped. Still needs the Cecil. utapri for life.
B5tLQzeCQAA71Bh.jpg

Settin

Merry Christmas everyone!
I do like to keep my collection publicly presentable. Mammon's put me in a quandary though.

I'm only getting/already bought my favorites: Asmodeus, Mammon, Satan, and Lucifer. Haven't even dove into the alternate series. Santa Satan is pretty amazing.
Mammon is 2lewd but Asmodeus and her epic underboob is ok? You silly, Giolon. :p

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I just got this for Christmas from my brother and his girlfriend straight from the Nintendo store in NYC.

I was totally not expecting it. So happy. I can never take this out of the box. I looked it up and now I need to get the Mario and Luigi ones when they come out.

Thank god I'm not a Saber fan (yet, though my friend is still trying to make me watch the anime and play the game) or a Miku fan, otherwise I would be broke faster than the speed of light.

Planning on getting the Quartet Night guys if they ever get the figure treatment?

I'm hoping the teachers never get figures, because 15k+ would be instantly gone from my wallet.

Yes I need the Quartet Night ones, Kurosaki and Ai Mikaze especially!

Ah and amiami just sent me a payment request for this month free and utapri goods. Payday hurry.

george_us

In other news I saw the new Sideshow Catwoman PF was shipping, Imagine getting it a day before Christmas and she looks like this:
That's shameful for the amount of money she probably cost. Good lord.

So Figure-GAF, I have to tell you all I caved in. I've crossed a new line, and bought the first figure I don't think I can bring myself to display in public. I bought Mammon. I couldn't not. She arrived today just 20 minutes before I left for my family's for the holidays. I snapped a couple extremely quick pics before heading out the door. Apologies for the bad lighting and lack of sharpness (I'll replace these with new photos once I return home next week). I didn't even have a chance to put all her demon vegetables in the basket.
Sorry to hear about the quality control issues but she looks great nonetheless. I also had reservations about picking her up but I had to. Those veggies man! I really wish they would have reduced her cup size to at least Asmodeous levels.
Merry Christmas to all the figure gaffers!

Just had to make sure that you nerds knew what you were doing was a sin.

Ho ho ho! Merrrrrry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! You dirty enabling friends of mine :)
Merry Christmas FigureGAFfers!

Bombless

Joyeux Noel Figure-GAF!

One of my cousins wished me that Santa would bring me a nice figure. I told him I have about 5 figures coming my way this very moment. We both started laughing.

In other news, I'm super happy that Corvo received his Qubeley yesterday, riiiiight on time. Good job Hobby Search and the EMS service!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
merry christmas!

now for your reward
hIE1419473950.jpeg

only 36k

With shipping and Nippon Yassans higher asking price it would cost me £259/48,389 JPY/$402... Then I have to cross my fingers a box that big would get passed customs without being looked at twice or it's another £65.50 on top of that...

Potential £324.50/60,549 JPY/$504 for PVC???

If it was Polystone I might have said fuck it and ordered it, or if it was made by a surefire company I'd have said fuck it and ordered it. The other glaring flaw for me is the width is just insane, clocking at 50cm, shit just wouldn't be able to displayed right anywhere in my house...

I can't believe I'm passing on Dark mother fucking Schneider...

Bah Humbug...

Bombless

With shipping and Nippon Yassans higher asking price it would cost me £259/48,389 JPY/$402... Then I have to cross my fingers a box that big would get passed customs without being looked at twice or it's another £65.50 on top of that...

Potential £324.50/60,549 JPY/$504 for PVC???

If it was Polystone I might have said fuck it and ordered it, or if it was made by a surefire company I'd have said fuck it and ordered it. The other glaring flaw for me is the width is just insane, clocking at 50cm, shit just wouldn't be able to displayed right anywhere in my house...

I can't believe I'm passing on Dark mother fucking Schneider...

Bah Humbug...

Or you could go through N-Y's Trans-Logistic shipping service which charges the VAT upfront and delivers it without customs inspection. Still expensive, but eh.

Yeah, a Skull Knight would be divine, and these are mine and each one has been opened before I moved, but I literally need to buy a some shelf's for the figmas to go though.

I'm the proud owner of all the ones shown there and look forward to buying the ones coming out :3

So, so glad I pulled the trigger on this one at the time. It's one of my favorite figma

10196989a6.jpg

I'll be joining you guys in the Berserker Armor Figma owners club soon! (on its way), actually I'll join you in the "all Berserk Figma figures released so far" owners club.

How much did you guys paid for the Berserker Armor? I've heard it was never for pre-order outside Japan is this true?

Jobbs

Banned
merry christmas!

so -- okay, this happened:

kMUu17N.png

This is Mikasa from Attack on Titan and Casca from Berserk. I hope to get more from each series, (guess I really do need a Guts now) being a big fan of each.

I come at this from the perspective of someone who's never owned a figma before. Initial impressions -- Posing is excellent on each, range of motion is excellent -- the really soft plastic they use on "cloth" materials is nice -- and, perhaps most notably, accessories are outstanding (Mikasa's gear in particular is amazing).

The Mikasa figure is pretty much perfect, there are no realistic negatives I can throw its way. Casca, while similarly good, does have a couple negatives in my eyes-- Her skin is too light, and her face looks a bit too "nice" or something. I kind of want Casca to seem more fierce.

Those knitpicks aside, though, I like the figure and definitely need a Guts to go along with it.

Meyneth

I'll be joining you guys in the Berserker Armor Figma owners club soon! (on its way), actually I'll join you in the "all Berserk Figma figures released so far" owners club.

How much did you guys paid for the Berserker Armor? I've heard it was never for pre-order outside Japan is this true?
The berserker armor figma came with a volume of the manga (like how nendo shinobu came with the light novel). If I remember, the manga combo was only a limited release anyway (sold at conventions and stuff) so it's fairly hard to find.
On that note, it shows up on mandarake at least once a month. Rarely with the manga (or unopened) but it's usually around 8,000-10,000 yen. I bought mine for 8,000 back during the summer, no manga and the box was opened. It was my first mandarake purchase actually

merry christmas!

kMUu17N.png

This is Mikasa from Attack on Titan and Casca from Berserk. I hope to get more from each series, (guess I really do need a Guts now) being a big fan of each.

I come at this from the perspective of someone who's never owned a figma before. Initial impressions -- Posing is excellent on each, range of motion is excellent -- the really soft plastic they use on "cloth" materials is nice -- and, perhaps most notably, accessories are outstanding (Mikasa's gear in particular is amazing).

The Mikasa figure is pretty much perfect, there are no realistic negatives I can throw its way. Casca, while similarly good, does have a couple negatives in my eyes-- Her skin is too light, and her face looks a bit too "nice" or something. I kind of want Casca to seem more fierce.

Those knitpicks aside, though, I like the figure and definitely need a Guts to go along with it.

Congratz on the Figmas

84a6366d15759c25439d99d98ce7058caba36d6881ae05433a1a7d5d0a3bd011.jpg

that was fast, where did you get them from that fast? now you'll start hunting down the rest of the Berserk Figmas, resistance is futile

The berserker armor figma came with a volume of the manga (like how nendo shinobu came with the light novel). If I remember, the manga combo was only a limited release anyway (sold at conventions and stuff) so it's fairly hard to find.
On that note, it shows up on mandarake at least once a month. Rarely with the manga (or unopened) but it's usually around 8,000-10,000 yen. I bought mine for 8,000 back during the summer, no manga and the box was opened. It was my first mandarake purchase actually
8k? oh man good deal, mine is on the way, bought brand new and I paid a pretty penny, but would have bought it without the manga for cheaper if I had the chance.

omlet

So I got one of these for my camera today from my mom. Back at my place this afternoon and getting a chance to try it out. This thing is really bright.

Unfortunately it only has full blast or 50% brightness, nothing in between. I think I will need to make some custom diffusion options (like taping some plastic or paper over it to dim and/or alter the color) because as it is, this thing really washes out skin tones on figures.
Nendo shelf with ceiling light and DIODER LED mounted in shelf:
PMqXmIn.jpg

Nendo with ceiling, DIODER, and the ring attachment at full strength:
TqYf1gd.jpg

Ring attachment at half strength:
Ma276L0.jpg

Alice from 2 feet away with ceiling light and DIODER LED mounted in shelf (linking these just in case, I wouldn't call it any more nsfw than usual fare in this thread but still):
http://i.imgur.com/LpwJ8Ax.jpg
Same shot as above but with the ring attachment turned on:
http://i.imgur.com/u4ittve.jpg
Placed ring on top of light tent as the only light source and this was the result:
http://i.imgur.com/LC5gf5D.jpg
I think this thing has potential, just needs some tweaking.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Or you could go through N-Y's Trans-Logistic shipping service which charges the VAT upfront and delivers it without customs inspection. Still expensive, but eh.

I love the figure, just not worth that amount of money for the materials used. That price is 1/4 scale territory and I've yet to pay that much for a 1/6 Hot Toy much less a PVC figure...

Awesome club to be a part of, and I can't remember how much I had to pay for my Berserker Armor guts, just that I had to get it from Hobby Search, because Amiami had sold out by the time I found out it was up for pre-order. So whoever said you couldn't pre-order it outside of Japan was wrong...

merry christmas!

kMUu17N.png

Congrats, and yeah Caska was a little disappointing in terms of skin color and disposition, I wanted a little more fire in her eyes as well. Your figma army is off to a good start though...

I would be really excited for
max150609.jpg

but with Figma scale all over the place I will have to wait and see it with different figma.

Edit: And... preordered GGO Kirito even though I wasn't planning on it.

Bombless

I'll be getting a couple once they pop up on Abyssecorp's website. I plan to get the GSC releases through them from now on unless they do not carry them at all.

omlet

Well, sheeeit. I caved and ordered Beelzebub. Thanks a lot you bunch of dirty enablers.
:>

Also, there was a Ragnarok Online Archbishop nendo on amiami preowned that got bought before I could buy it today. :<

Giolon

Well, sheeeit. I caved and ordered Beelzebub. Thanks a lot you bunch of dirty enablers.
:>

Also, there was a Ragnarok Online Archbishop nendo on amiami preowned that got bought before I could buy it today. :<

But do you have the other sins?

Bombless

Well congrats on the one anyway. :)

You mixed the names in your post btw, Beelzebub is the loli and Belphegor is riding the slime demon. And Leviathan wears a pair of shorts over the bandaid! Stop spreading misinformation!

Also I like how your "quick and dirty pictures" are better than anything I can take.

Giolon

You mixed the names in your post btw, Beelzebub is the loli and Belphegor is riding the slime demon. And Leviathan wears a pair of shorts over the bandaid! Stop spreading misinformation!

Also I like how your "quick and dirty pictures" are better than anything I can take.

Fixed the names. The new Leviathan figure has shorts, but the original is bending over w/ naught but an extra-wide belt used as a "miniskirt" and a Band-Aid for "panties".

Thanks for the kind words on the pictures. A big part of it is just having the right equipment.

Bombless

Fixed the names. The new Leviathan figure has shorts, but the original is bending over w/ naught but an extra-wide belt used as a "miniskirt" and a Band-Aid for "panties".

Thanks for the kind words on the pictures. A big part of it is just having the right equipment.

I clearly haven't looked at her behind enough. I had forgotten that part of Levi-chan's clothing. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom