• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
So GAF, I have done a naughty thing. I have introduced my girlfriend to Nendoroids.

She now wants to know what kind of job gets her enough money to acquire them.

In other news, I got 3575 Legos for Christmas! 5 sets of Star Wars sets, and a bonus 2014 Christmas set. Pictures soon, after I've built them all.
its basically all I've done today

Einbroch

Banned
Umm.... pretty much ANY job. They're not expensive unless she's going to try to collect them all. Which I don't recommend because many of them are too plain to justify.

As much as I love them, I agree that probably 50% of them are boring. But they're cheap. I have ten coming this month and my total was only $230, and that's WITH EMS shipping.

Wanderer5

Man Red Nendoroid is soooo adorable. I loving him a lot. Definitely a lovely present gift.:p

DSCN0419_zpsf2f2f5ec.jpg

DSCN0435_zps9500af38.jpg

omlet

The most annoying thing to me about nendos is they're so bad about finishing sets. Like they'll just make one or two characters from something and ignore characters that would seem like obvious picks to make more nendos of, either for being popular characters or just to finish sets, but then they go and make more alternates of Saber or Miku. Like why is there no Rorona nendo? No Eclair (DOG DAYS)? No Chie or other Persona 3/4 characters? No more Rozen Maidens? Et cetera, et cetera.

Ryuuroden

Well, sheeeit. I caved and ordered Beelzebub. Thanks a lot you bunch of dirty enablers.
:>

Also, there was a Ragnarok Online Archbishop nendo on amiami preowned that got bought before I could buy it today. :<

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, Beelzebub is the best, she was the first sins I ever ordered and would of been the last had that awesome Anime Jungle sale not popped up a few months ago. Welcome to the club.

Bombless

The most annoying thing to me about nendos is they're so bad about finishing sets. Like they'll just make one or two characters from something and ignore characters that would seem like obvious picks to make more nendos of, either for being popular characters or just to finish sets, but then they go and make more alternates of Saber or Miku. Like why is there no Rorona nendo? No Eclair (DOG DAYS)? No Chie or other Persona 3/4 characters? No more Rozen Maidens? Et cetera, et cetera.

Those are most likely licensing issues. Either they run out of time to make the models or the ip owners decide to drop it for whatever reason.

Wanderer5

Would be nice to see another pokemon trainer having a nendoroid. Maybe a female next up, like Green from Gen 1 (to go with Red) or May from Gen 3.<3

Ryuuroden

So GAF, I have done a naughty thing. I have introduced my girlfriend to Nendoroids.

She now wants to know what kind of job gets her enough money to acquire them.

In other news, I got 3575 Legos for Christmas! 5 sets of Star Wars sets, and a bonus 2014 Christmas set. Pictures soon, after I've built them all.
its basically all I've done today

Should hang out in LegoGAF more often :)

omlet

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, Beelzebub is the best, she was the first sins I ever ordered and would of been the last had that awesome Anime Jungle sale not popped up a few months ago. Welcome to the club.

She will be right at home with my collection <_>
Those are most likely licensing issues. Either they run out of time to make the models or the ip owners decide to drop it for whatever reason.

Well I thought of that, yeah, but it just seems weird that some series get lots of figures, then some get like... one... or maybe more than one, but odd choices (DOG DAYS is a good example, Ricotta is a pretty minor side character considering the size of the cast, but she has a nendo). I mean, surely stuff like the Persona nendos they did make sold well because Persona is a merchandise juggernaut, so wouldn't you think they would want to try to license GSC to make more nendos?

I supposed it's also possible that given nendos' popularity GSC has a big backlog of official requests for characters to get nendo'd, so they may prioritize based on some kind of criteria like who's gonna give them the best offers, but I really don't know. Whatever the reason it is still annoying.

Should hang out in LegoGAF more often :)
I would, but sadly I am too broke to consistently buy Legos, and have lost the creativity to do much with what I already have.

Umm.... pretty much ANY job. They're not expensive unless she's going to try to collect them all. Which I don't recommend because many of them are too plain to justify.
Well my minimum wage job must not be "any" job then. :X Iunno we joke about it, figures just seem expensive to us. Nice, but a very occasional thing.

Einbroch

Banned
Went through the old OTs, for fun.

First thread was almost six years.
Second thread was 11 months.
Third thread was 5 1/2 months.

Duuuuuudes (and ladiiiiiiiies).

Wanderer5

Guess it might be the lighting, but the colors and paint look pretty bleh in the shot, especially the gold. She looks a bit better in some of the brighter shots through.

beats me, they hate it like it's one of the ugliest figures ever. it looks fine especially in person.

so you don't like duck faces, got it.

only if done right. Feels off on this one but for 3k you can't complain really

edit and its goneeeeee

edit here to interrupt w/ a cute nendo moment

saber lion http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=2

6.4k saber http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=3

Racing Miku + bike invoiced and paid

FIGURE-006693_05.jpg

After doggedly using EMS and incurring all the extra cost which that entails, I'm testing the waters with SAL registered on this pair. Gotta learn to exert some patience with these delivery times...

Bombless

SAL during the Winter Holidays....I forsee a whole lot of BoredRyuuko.jpg in your future.

In unrelated news, my computer just died. Merry Christmas to me. Oh well, time to clear the consoles backlog.

so i had ordered a figure from amiami and since i've never imported anything before i am a little curious, looking at my tracking

does this mean it is in the u.s. or just know that there is supposedly a package coming.?

also, is there any set time they throw up pre owned stuff?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I have all three of the MH Tsukasa Bullet figures. Hanako is my favorite. I have the variant with dark skin. HHHNNNNNGGGGG.
I had to choose between the normal and the dark skinned one, went with dark skin... I've always wanted to get them, just sorta forgot they existed for awhile until I saw the Mizuki on amiami, now if I could only find the 3 Yamato Creators' Labo ones for a good price, and also the Claris Cornova from Griffon which is like the only Griffon figure that came out well...

Giolon

so i had ordered a figure from amiami and since i've never imported anything before i am a little curious, looking at my tracking

does this mean it is in the u.s. or just know that there is supposedly a package coming.?

also, is there any set time they throw up pre owned stuff?

Yes, your package is in the US, last scanned arriving at LA. normally, the next step is for it to gong rough customs. However, I have experienced sometimes they forget to scan, and it happens more often during the holidays. Depending on what type of shipping you got, it could sit there for a couple weeks without moving. SAL is especially slow during the holiday season.

SerTapTap

Wanting to buy a few of the cheaper Sonico figs...I display everything openly though and thus far I don't really have any "lewd" figures (just a ryuko that's not too bad IMO)

RIP wallet

The plush is adorable, can't spend 6k with no investment in the franchise personally though.

omlet

Not a bad price. She was 11k on release when I got her. Just beware shipping is going to be killer. Her box is 14"x14"x13" so the box she'll need to be packed in will be even bigger. Shipping was another 5.5k at the time from Amiami. She is an amazing figure though, so I'd pounce on that for that price (especially with this exchange rate) if you have been wanting to get it.

That is a really tiny hat. How does it stay on?

It's attached to her headband. That's how most hats like that work (or a hair clip underneath them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom