• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
It looks like his robot penis is peeking out of his robot crotch-plate. :O

well it does have other anatomically correct parts

347297.jpg

chrono01

Sorry for the delay in posting, I was out of city visiting family. I hope you all had a happy holiday!

Unfortunately, mine weren't filled with figures, but at least I had a delivery slip/notice upon my return indicating Mammon is available for pick-up [which I'll do tomorrow]. I can't wait.

I shipped mammon sal reg. I'm in no hurry. It's my least wanted deadly sin.

Also did sal for junko that I got for 5k. Holy crap did she tank

Labrys

That's an odd way to spell Chie.

everyone is simultaneously mispelling labrys and aigis at the same goddamn time

it's funny competing in the waifu wars because i am very gay and only like the characters for how aesthetically cute they are

Settin

everyone is simultaneously mispelling labrys and aigis at the same goddamn time

it's funny competing in the waifu wars because i am very gay and only like the characters for how aesthetically cute they are
You're never too [insert thing] to have a waifu or husbando.

I don't really have a "waifu" but there are characters I really like overall.

Overall and by miles its Senjougahara. (Ironically I only have one senjougahara though...would kill for the one in her black dress)
And Kurisu
In terms of just design jubei from hyakka. Something about it makes me really like it. Then again I like most of nishi's art

In all honesty, I never knew of persona until the fighting game and I only like yukiko because of a japanese player that dominated a match with her (only to find out he was the best yukiko in the world).

Caladrius

I wanted to buy a figure for my birthday, but I also need a shelf for my games. (My old one was attached to the entertainment center that I replaced just two months ago. Funnily enough the television I bought the entertainment center for broke within two weeks afterward.) Unfortunately finances are looking bad enough that I'm only going to be able to get one or the other.

Why did I enter a hobby I can't actually afford again?

You're never too [insert thing] to have a waifu or husbando.

Correct.

And Labrys, Mitsuru and Yukiko are tied for best girls.

Femto.

About 5 min after I clocked out for break at work I got a FigInStock notification for Alter's Asuka Jersey Ver. B+/B for 12k

Bought her in a heartbeat!

Can anyone comment on AmiAmi's criteria for a B+ figure? I thought about holding out for an A one but I'm afraid of her price going up and she has rarely popped up pre-owned in AmiAmi. I saw her several times on Mandarake for 14k as well.

About 5 min after I clocked out for break at work I got a FigInStock notification for Alter's Asuka Jersey Ver. B+/B for 12k

Bought her in a heartbeat!

Can anyone comment on AmiAmi's criteria for a B+ figure? I thought about holding out for an A one but I'm afraid of her price going up and she has rarely popped up pre-owned in AmiAmi. I saw her several times on Mandarake for 14k as well.

b is mint basically in US terms. lol. Ironically the only time I have EVER gotten a damaged item on amiami was an A...because they did not open the box and therefore couldn't tell if something was broken =(

edit
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=5
LOL i remember when that used to go for 4k.

omlet

Figures that right after I gave up on seeing them again any time soon and bought a few nendos from amazon (a couple weeks ago) the\y show up on amiami for the first time in months tonight with a better price (at least not that much better of a price).

Aside from that, several nice things in this recent batch but looks like there's nothing that I want badly enough to buy...I think... Penguindrum figure looks really good and the price is nice (even with EMS-onry considered), but it's not a must-have considering this month's expenses (plus I just ordered Beelzebub).

omlet

Okay, I spoke too soon. I found two really cheap nendos in there several pages back and got them. Movie version Nanoha for 1200 and QB Airi (red hair version) for 1800. Couldn't really say no for that price. My weaponized nendo army groooooowwwwws.

i bought the BD, even though I haven't watched a single eps lol. The premise and reviews got me in.

I've watched the show twice and will probably watch it again next year. It's a show you can get something new out of every time.

Okay, I spoke too soon. I found two really cheap nendos in there several pages back and got them. Movie version Nanoha for 1200 and QB Airi (red hair version) for 1800. Couldn't really say no for that price. My weaponized nendo army groooooowwwwws.

I've watched the show twice and will probably watch it again next year. It's a show you can get something new out of every time.

i'll watch it maybe once i find time. The first set hasn't shipped yet (backorder from right stuf).

I spent a lot this month but I worked nonstop 60 hour weeks. My first day of not working was last week, but before then it was 1-2 months of everyday work. Medicare is exhausting hahah

in terms of anime im going to do something like
1) jojo stardust
2) cowboy bebop or hellsing ultimate
3) wolf children
4) summer war
5) penguindrum (because the first set isnt even shipped)

Labrys

i bought the BD, even though I haven't watched a single eps lol. The premise and reviews got me in.
edit and that bible black chair figure is gone

I keep forgetting now that I have a PS4 I can actually watch BD's, I need to get Panty and Stocking on it.

Holidays wiped me out so i think next figure I'll be able to buy is probably mid January.

Jobbs

Banned
By posting this I recognize I risk derailing the thread a bit, but I think it should be said. I'll preface by saying that I am kind of coming at this from an outsider perspective who is only starting to get interested in higher end figure collecting -- I have purchased/been given a few figmas, and I dig all of it.

I'll also preface by saying that I am not offended by sex or sexuality, real or depicted in a statue. I don't foresee buying an overly sexual statue or figure myself, but I am not offended by it nor would I judge anyone who bought one. Live and let live.

So onto my point -- I don't want to single any forum members out for attack, and that's the reason I won't link to any posts, but I will say there are some figures out there -- including referenced in this thread -- which depict clearly underage girls (or ones intended to appear underage) in a sexual context, either by their clothing or their pose or how they are articulated.

For lack of a better word, it's creepy. And I was just wondering what the community here thought of this and why it seems to be tolerated. Statues like this aren't so frequent that I see them on every page, but after going back a ways through the history I've seen a few examples of statues that make me uncomfortable.

By posting this I recognize I risk derailing the thread a bit, but I think it should be said. I'll preface by saying that I am kind of coming at this from an outsider perspective who is only starting to get interested in higher end figure collecting -- I have purchased/been given a few figmas, and I dig all of it.

I'll also preface by saying that I am not offended by sex or sexuality, real or depicted in a statue. I don't foresee buying an overly sexual statue or figure myself, but I am not offended by it nor would I judge anyone who bought one. Live and let live.

So onto my point -- I don't want to single any forum members out for attack, and that's the reason I won't link to any posts, but I will say there are some figures out there -- including referenced in this thread -- which depict clearly underage girls (or ones intended to appear underage) in a sexual context, either by their clothing or their pose or how they are articulated.

For lack of a better word, it's creepy. And I was just wondering what the community here thought of this and why it seems to be tolerated. Statues like this aren't so frequent that I see them on every page, but after going back a ways through the history I've seen a few examples of statues that make me uncomfortable.

link them. Its hard to see what you are talking about for people who don't/can't read every page.

edit
Just realize you could be referring to hachikuji on this very page. Yeah, it would be hard to understand that without any context. By that I mean go watch bakemonogatari.

Jobbs

Banned
link them. Its hard to see what you are talking about for people who don't/can't read every page.

edit
Just realize you could be referring to hachikuji on this very page. Yeah, it would be hard to understand that without any context. By that I mean go watch bakemonogatari.

a bit, yeah, but that wasn't even the worst offender.

this is one of the ones I found pretty questionable:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/o0515077713162223324.jpg

there are a few others, too, but I can't go all the way back through the thread at the moment.

a bit, yeah, but that wasn't even the worst offender.

this is one of the ones I found pretty questionable:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/o0515077713162223324.jpg

there are a few others, too, but I can't go all the way back through the thread at the moment.

o no idea on that one...or whats its even based on.

A lot of younger looking ones in general, without context are going to look creepy to outsiders. For instance, hachikuji does look really out of place in monogatari, but if you watch the show then its fine. Personally I just like monogatari a lot and want all the characters. If you ever do watch the show, you'll understand that the character was never added just to pander the loli fetish. But I definitely see where you are coming from if you have never watched the show

For instance.
From an outsider view, I can see how this might get some to think its loli pandering, but the source material has never hinted it at all outside the clothing of this one character. For me, its the whole art style (same artist who did steins;gate)

But yes, there are some very creepy ones. Like all things, there will be extremes. I just ignore them and move on. There are plenty of amazing looking figures already, and (for me) there is no reason to get bothered by a few that I can easily avoid overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom