• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
got my first imported figure today. got here in just over 1 week.

the only thing that sucks is amiami had the mikasa figure that goes with this and sold out by the time i got to a computer. ever since i started following this thread, i've been looking at different figure almost every day. i fear for my wallet.

also, decided to super glue my wing zero custom to the action base i bought for it.

also, i need those samurai vader and stormtrooper figures

omlet

the only thing that sucks is amiami had the mikasa figure that goes with this and sold out by the time i got to a computer. ever since i started following this thread, i've been looking at different figure almost every day. i fear for my wallet.

Have patience, that Mikasa will show up again and you can kill your wallet then.

Ok figure gaf... after stating my completely reasonable obsession with tan and or bbw girls. If I don't get a figure of these two by this time next year, I'm gonna lose my shit.

Ramethal from Guilty Gear Xrd in her "alt" costume. Kawaii as fuck and shows off the fact shes got tits and ass. NEED IT NAO!
tumblr_ngn67sUWDJ1rbzz81o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngu5zsmE8T1qz7x00o1_1280.jpg

Gyanko from Gundam Build Fighters Try
1413970024288.jpg

But in this pose.
tumblr_ndy4enqATF1qze9qao1_500.jpg

Common Japan, don't let me down.

omlet

I spent most of yesterday and today at my folks' place (dad has all the tools) working on the raiser shelves I'm building to go under my collection's DETOLF cases. Sawdust...sawdust everywhere! Made some good progress but not done yet. Got all the cutting done and partially assembled one of them. I will post pics and the full story once it's all finished.

Got home and found a package on my porch... the Christmas present from darkblade77 that I knew was on the way but wasn't expecting for a couple more weeks! Snapped a few quick shots.

:D

Meyneth

When are those maou-sama variants happening?

As for those FE:A rubber key chains, I feel like I'm in too deep and I might as well finish the sets. :/
besides, cutie Anna is cutie

Jobbs

Banned
Is anyone in charge listening here?

Make friggin Dark Souls figmas! There's a huge hardcore fanbase which would be unable to stop themselves from buying every one!

I want Artorias and Sif! And Solaire! And... Fuck, I'd buy every single one down to the undead merchant.

It's such a missed opportunity!

Jobbs

Banned
Was supposed to be a December release but was delayed till January as all Figma are.

Aye, I just preordered it at BBTS along with Lucina figma. Long ago I learned to draw by studying the original GITS manga and the original Appleseed manga. And Fire Emblem I've been a fan of for years, I've played just about all the games.

As long as they make figmas based on properties that I am a fan of I'll be there. Fortunately/unfortunately a lot of the figmas are based on more obscure (obscure in the US) Japanese animes/games/mangas so I don't feel any strong connection to them.

Like, for example, I do know certain ones like Attack On Titan and Berserk (hence why this happened), but I don't know shit about Fate/Stay Night, Black Rock Shooter, Kantai Collection and so on. So I kinda surf through those figmas, and while certain ones may look cool from a design perspective, I don't know anything about them so there's no strong impulse to buy.

Bombless

It is!

Such a slick design that I couldn't pass it up.

I was tempted by it before I found out how tiny it is. I need something large enough to go along with my YF-19 Isamu variant.

Edit : Valkerion, I laughed out loud at your post about Gyanko in GundamGAF. I hope you get your wish fulfilled, sir.

taoofjord

Anyone have an estimate on how much a Nendoroid (or something comparable in weight) would cost to ship from Japan to the US with EMS?

chrono01

Anyone have an estimate on how much a Nendoroid (or something comparable in weight) would cost to ship from Japan to the US with EMS?
Not much, maybe...1500 yen?

I had the Sakura [Card Captor] Nendoroid shipped by itself and it only cost me a little over 1800 yen to have it shipped to Canada.

Meyneth

Pre-Orders have been up for some time. Coming out next month.

I luckily only bought one set for FE:A and I'm completely content with keeping it that way unless they really cut the price :x
I mean the transformed Emi figure. I've already got the set preordered, but that transformed version (and I think there's two more alt figures) aren't displayed as one of the options in the preorder set.
Maybe they're secret surprise ones?

My problem with the FE:A key chains were that chrom was in one set, and then emmeryn was in another. I then I found out that kellam was a one of those secret surprise ones and I had to get that set too. :s
So those two new ones are the only ones I'm missing now.

Edit: Okay, I did research (i.e. actually reading the site it was posted on) and the maou-sama alt figures are a set of 4 and are a limited release for the upcoming wonfes.
Gotta update figinstock I guess :/

Make friggin Dark Souls figmas! There's a huge hardcore fanbase which would be unable to stop themselves from buying every one!

I want Artorias and Sif! And Solaire! And... Fuck, I'd buy every single one down to the undead merchant.

I really don't like figmas, but I wouldn't be able to not buy an Artorias.

yami4ct

Was going to add some HG G-Reco kits to my last HLJ order before I realized how dang far behind Bandai is with them. We won't get the Mac Knife suit that debuted a few weeks back until March. What? Build Fighters kits are out a few weeks to a month max after debut. No way Bandai didn't have the designs far enough ahead of time to get to work. No clue what's going on. Also looks like the engineering/part separation on the kits is not as good as the BF-Try stuff. Not sure what's going on with that. Sure, some of that is due to the rounded nature of the suits not translating as well in plastic form, but really seems like Bandai's phoning it in with that series.

kewlmyc

I rather have scales but Dark Souls figures would rock.

Mother of Christ almighty. I usually just lurk in this thread but I have to admit.....the thought of having these bad boys on top of my desk....

7dn74Nj.gif

Settin

Gwynevere by Orchid Seed. Make it so.

I think this is anecdotal in my case more than anything, but...

I ordered two Nendoriods from Amazon Japan last month, both shipped separately...one shipped for 722Y, the other 681Y, both via EMS...they got to my place here in SoCal in like 2 days after I ordered.

Bezos-san be cray-cray, yo.

Also, AmiAmi just shipped my Racing Miku EV Mirai figma + TT Bike for 2220Y combined shipping.

You missed out the "CHILDREN" bit of the conversation...

Not the point--- I have no problems with sex or sexuality (there may be some statues I consider kind of tasteless/trashy looking, but my response would be to just not buy them -- I wouldn't judge anyone else for owning them) I'm very liberal on that. It's just the prepubescent looking stuff that kinda shocked me.

Eh you missed the original point it seems. The point was that it's creepy when obviously child-age characters are sexualized in figures.
It would appear I lack reading comprehension!

Anyway, over in the BST thread I'm selling my camera.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145084831&postcount=11693
Just in case anyone wants a nice upgrade from cell phone photos of their figures. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom