• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Woo, big update on amiami preowned today. Snagged an RO Archbishop nendo!

Also... not directly figure related but I have a confession to make regarding Rightstuf's holiday sale... I ordered all three Madoka Magica movie bluray limited editions.

Settin

I must conserve funds for the works of our Lord's prophets, Eastman and Laird.

g7XI2AJ.gif

Giolon

Well, OOPS. I accidentally sent my mom a photo of Mammon as I was doing some test shoots w/ my lighting setup. I was trying to send the image to my iPad. *facepalm*
Welp, no hiding it from the family now!

Photo in question:

For the record, she hates Asmodeus b/c she thinks her boobs are ridiculously huge and also hated Amazon b/c her "boobs are way too out there"

Settin

Well, OOPS. I accidentally sent my mom a photo of Mammon as I was doing some test shoots w/ my lighting setup. I was trying to send the image to my iPad. *facepalm*
Welp, no hiding it from the family now!

Photo in question:

For the record, she hates Asmodeus b/c she thinks her boobs are ridiculously huge and also hated Amazon b/c her "boobs are way too out there"

Just tell your mom Mammon's generous. She brought enough boobs for the whole class.

Don't grab, that's rude. Buy her instead.
do it. It got re-release 3 times, aint getting a 4th rofl. I bought mine from a gaffer for about 85-90 back when she was going for 12k-14k due to a decent scratch on the tail. Part of me wished I waited hahah
Saw similar priced Dizzy on Mandarake. Probably will grab buy it from there along with GSC Princess of the Crystal, once I paid all of my bills.

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu
that dress Saber ._.

From another angle lol

You totally should. She is fantastic. I got her at original release and she's one of my favorites.

my refreshes were spread to far apart... thato r she was already sold out because shes gone

edit
10k maeda http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

maeda > mammon

7k jubei http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=70$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

i paid 11.7k for mine about a year ago... but mine also came with the deskmat

cajunator

Banned
as one of my fav GG characters, I had to order this...
damn :c

anyway, my gf bought herself a Monopoly Zelda's Edition, and since she asked for a picture of the package I went ahead and did these silly pics

fellas wanna play too

Where did you get this Zelda monopoly?!

Einbroch

Banned

She's a cutie. She has issues with posing, however. She doesn't want to stand up straight. I ended up using her kneeling position. Also her hat just won't stay on. But totally worth, as RO is one of my favorite games of all time.

chrono01

Okay, here's my pre-order list for 2015 [so far]:

January:

Beelzebub w/ Bonus [Amakuni] [Already paid for]
Kiryuuin Satsuki - Kamui Junketsu ver. [Phat Company]
Kongou [Max Factory]
Narukami Yuno w/ Bonus [Alphamax/Skytube]
Psychic [Max Factory]
Saotome Maria w/ Bathtub/Bonus [Alphamax/Skytube]

February:

Akuma Homura [GSC]
Satan [Orchid Seed]
Sansei Muramasa - Oasis ver. w/ Bonus [Amakuni]
Nami - Mugiwara ver. 2 [Megahouse]
Houzouin Inshun [Alter]
Kasugano Sora - Black China Dress ver. [Alter]

April:

Yamato Kai - Heavy Armament ver. [Max Factory]

June:

Musashi Kai - Heavy Armament ver. [GSC]

July:

Sailor Succubus Sapphire [Orchid Seed]

August:

Satan - Santa Claus no Setsu ver. w/ Bonus [Amakuni]

Month to be determined:

Asmodeus - Bunny Girl Ver. w/ Bonus [Amakuni]

January/February are easily my worst months, after that things get considerably better.

cajunator

Banned
Mother of god my wallet!

[Pre-Orders slated for Jan]
294784 Charlotte Dunois: Poodle Ver. (PVC Figure) FREEing 1/4 Jan
Item price :16,499 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 16,499 yen

295132 Laura Bodewig: Bunny Ver. (PVC Figure) FREEing 1/4 Jan

295156 Sarashiki Tatenashi: Cat Ver. (PVC Figure) FREEing 1/4 Jan

574604 Okita Sawa (PVC Figure) Phat Company 1/8 Jan
Item price :6,660 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 6,660 yen

445162 Nendoroid Mitsumine Mashiro (PVC Figure) Good Smile Company Non Nendoroid Jan
Item price :3,500 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 3,500 yen

817700 Gundam Girls Generation [Gundam Build Fighters] Aila Jyrkiainen (PVC Figure) MegaHouse 1/10 Gundam Girls Generation Late Jan
Item price :5,220 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 5,220 yen

chrono01

Mother of god my wallet!

[Pre-Orders slated for Jan]
294784 Charlotte Dunois: Poodle Ver. (PVC Figure) FREEing 1/4 Jan

295132 Laura Bodewig: Bunny Ver. (PVC Figure) FREEing 1/4 Jan

295156 Sarashiki Tatenashi: Cat Ver. (PVC Figure) FREEing 1/4 Jan

574604 Okita Sawa (PVC Figure) Phat Company 1/8 Jan
Item price :6,660 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 6,660 yen

445162 Nendoroid Mitsumine Mashiro (PVC Figure) Good Smile Company Non Nendoroid Jan
Item price :3,500 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 3,500 yen

817700 Gundam Girls Generation [Gundam Build Fighters] Aila Jyrkiainen (PVC Figure) MegaHouse 1/10 Gundam Girls Generation Late Jan
Item price :5,220 yen x Q.T.Y :1 = 5,220 yen
Three 1/4 scale figures in a single month? They're going to need to air-drop your package, via parachute

Hello FigureGAF! I've been lurking here for a long time now, and my account was finally approved a couple of weeks ago.

I remember browsing the web and, stumbling upon a website selling high quality figures many years ago. I never knew high quality collectable figures was a thing and, I ended up falling in love with a few. Unfortunately, I had just moved out of home for the first time, and I just didn't make the kind of money to support buying even a couple.

Well, 8 months ago I got a new dream job making much more money. Soon after
I was at home browsing GAF and I think to myself, "Hey I should finally check out what's up in Off-Topic Community. Oh hey, what's FigureGAF?" That's when I was reminded of stumbling upon those figures years ago...

So obviously the only course of action was to dump my new found disposable income catching up on what I've missed. It's been brutal on the wallet, but I'm mostly up to date now on the ones I wanted, including today when a new package allowed me to finally complete my first attempt at collecting a whole series:

My only question is, where's Sawa-chan and Jun? Surely Alter's not going to leave them out... I'm mean, maybe I could understand not making June, but Sawako?

And now that I've assembled HTT, I'm setting my sights on boat girls, except I'm not interested in the cutesy ones, I'm looking forward to the Abyssal Fleet. I already have a Wo-Class nendo coming this month as well as the GSC Wo-Class scale. A moment browsing MFC is also showing Re-Class has a scale coming, and I think I saw Harbor Princess in the background of a Wo-Class show room pic earlier in this thread. Hopefully GSC gets into the Abyssal Fleet as much as they have been with the standard girls.

One problem I'm having though is the Yoshino nendo. Like, I want her. Bad. It's gotten to the point that every day during both of AmiAmi's possibly daily pre-owned updates I'm sitting there mashing F5 every 10 seconds. Today I had to step out at work for 5 minutes only to come back and see she was posted and bought. That's the second time in 2 weeks, and it's getting depressing. Seeing as how AmiAmi is now charging just shy of 10k for her, I'm almost ready to just go to one of the sites that have here for 14k. At this point, there's not much hope I can beat the others camping her page. On the bright side, I did manage to snag the Tohka nendo and scale the other day. So I have that going for me... How do you guys usually deal with chasing a rare/expensive figure? Do you wait to see if a reprint will be issued, or do you bite sooner thinking that time will only drive up scarcity and price?

Anyway, I'd like to say that lurking here the past 8 months has been quite enjoyable. I love the pics, especially the blog posts detailing the upcoming releases. Happy to finally be able to make a post here.

You guys can add me on MFC if you like. I try to keep my collection there as up to date as possible.

EDIT: figured it out

chrono01

Hello FigureGAF! I've been lurking here for a long time now, and my account was finally approved a couple of weeks ago.

I remember browsing the web and, stumbling upon a website selling high quality figures many years ago. I never knew high quality collectable figures was a thing and, I ended up falling in love with a few. Unfortunately, I had just moved out of home for the first time, and I just didn't make the kind of money to support buying even a couple.

Well, 8 months ago I got a new dream job making much more money. Soon after
I was at home browsing GAF and I think to myself, "Hey I should finally check out what's up in Off-Topic Community. Oh hey, what's FigureGAF?" That's when I was reminded of stumbling upon those figures years ago...

So obviously the only course of action was to dump my new found disposable income catching up on what I've missed. It's been brutal on the wallet, but I'm mostly up to date now on the ones I wanted, including today when a new package allowed me to finally complete my first attempt at collecting a whole series:

My only question is, where's Sawa-chan and Jun? Surely Alter's not going to leave them out... I'm mean, maybe I could understand not making June, but Sawako?

And now that I've assembled HTT, I'm setting my sights on boat girls, except I'm not interested in the cutesy ones, I'm looking forward to the Abyssal Fleet. I already have a Wo-Class nendo coming this month as well as the GSC Wo-Class scale. A moment browsing MFC is also showing Re-Class has a scale coming, and I think I saw Harbor Princess in the background of a Wo-Class show room pic earlier in this thread. Hopefully GSC gets into the Abyssal Fleet as much as they have been with the standard girls.

One problem I'm having though is the Yoshino nendo. Like, I want her. Bad. It's gotten to the point that every day during both of AmiAmi's possibly daily pre-owned updates I'm sitting there mashing F5 every 10 seconds. Today I had to step out at work for 5 minutes only to come back and see she was posted and bought. That's the second time in 2 weeks, and it's getting depressing. Seeing as how AmiAmi is now charging just shy of 10k for her, I'm almost ready to just go to one of the sites that have here for 14k. At this point, there's not much hope I can beat the others camping her page. On the bright side, I did manage to snag the Tohka nendo and scale the other day. So I have that going for me... How do you guys usually deal with chasing a rare/expensive figure? Do you wait to see if a reprint will be issued, or do you bite sooner thinking that time will only drive up scarcity and price?

Anyway, I'd like to say that lurking here the past 8 months has been quite enjoyable. I love the pics, especially the blog posts detailing the upcoming releases. Happy to finally be able to make a post here.

You guys can add me on MFC if you like. I try to keep my collection there as up to date as possible.

EDIT: figured it out
Welcome!

[Leave your wallet at the door, please.]

Torraz

Is there anyplace you can still order annabel (the Tony figure). Not sure why i stopped reading this thread... Now i missed out :(.

I think AmiAmi posted their update for the night about 15 minutes ago. That was a little early, and I was in the shower. I'm pretty sure the lingering [Pre-Owned] Tag means I just missed Yoshino again. I swear someone must be botting that page.

chrono01

Awesome thanks. Do they have an English website / ship outside of japan?
The link I posted is the English branch of their website, and they do indeed ship out of Japan. I've used them numerous times and can personally vouch for them. They're great.

I personally use AmiAmi for my orders, though, but I have nothing bad to say in-regards to HS.

chrono01

Ok, that's weird. Maybe it's because I'm in Japan that i got the Japanese version of the page!
Yeah, that's strange. It's definitely the EN portion on my end, it's possible that they automatically re-direct you if they sense you're situated in Japan.

You could always try a Google search manually and see if that works.

StayDead

My two packages from late November/Early december have finally arrived! In them I have 4 figures, but I've forgotten what they are. I'll post pics later, charging my phone battery.

Ok, that's weird. Maybe it's because I'm in Japan that i got the Japanese version of the page!

Hi, I'm also in Japan. I've had no end of trouble with Hobby Search. They use Geolacation to determine your country of origin via IP. For anywhere outside of Japan they will show you the international site, but from inside Japan you get the .jp site, obviously...

Problem is, I've tried everything and there's almost no way to force it to show the english site. Geolocation IP Coding is a bitch to defeat. Google Translate will act as a cheap Proxy Server, but the website's checkout and account functions wouldn't work through it.

I finally had to break down and use a VPN for Hobby Search, Steam, and a number of other websites and games.. Those will cost a monthly fee. I advise staying away from free VPNs, they tend to be riddled with trojans.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So I made an MFC account if anyone wants to add me. Mostly going through and adding stuff to my wishlist :x Gunpla being on there is awesome.

Added, names luse666 there BTW...

Guys, I'm so close. Do I commit to all four?

16,000 JPY is like $130 right now, yeah?

Good man, they look awesome, just never been a fan of anything but the original comics and even then not a big enough fan to buy these, but they still look awesome...

Also... not directly figure related but I have a confession to make regarding Rightstuf's holiday sale... I ordered all three Madoka Magica movie bluray limited editions.

My first "I can't look at this" post, every time I do I buy something, can't stick to just pre-orders if I peek...

Cobra and Armaroid, united at last :)

Awesome pick ups, I never had room for 'em...

-----------

I just got another package from Amiami via SAL, and still no word on EMS shipped Space Dandy or Honey moving through customs, first time I've had to worry about an EMS package getting lost, I know the time of year makes things late but it hasn't updated since the 18th, should have at least been handed over to parcelforce for ransom by now...

As for 2015

Jan
Metal Slug model
Batwoman
Yuki Mori (zipped down version)
Tyrion Lannister (Threezero)( he has come out, just waiting for Amazon japan to get retail stock and ship it)
Queen of the Dead (lol she's never coming out)

Feb
Whatever is delayed from previous month
Yuki Mori reprint plain version
Mikasa Ackerman GSC DX
Muramasa Race Queen from Orca
Wo-class GSC
Iscander

March
Whatever is delayed from previous months
Alisha tales of figure
Sakuya Koto figure
Ned Stark (Threezero) (already paid for)

April
Hot Toys Han Solo and Chewbacca 2pack (flex pay)
Eren Yeager GCS
Mu-12
Himejijou
She Hulk

May
Miki Reina tanned version
Aludra

June
Musashi Ship-woman
Levi GSC

July

Aug
Kier Valkyrie of the Dead PF (flexpay)
Hot Toys Ironman Mark XLIII (43)
Hot Toys Stormtrooper
Hot Toys John Matrix

Sept

Oct
Hot Toys Briareos

Nov
Leviathan Orchid Seed

Dec

I still have the Hot Toys Robocop on pre-order with a UK seller that hasn't asked for full payment yet hanging over my head, as well as all those new Star Wars and Avenger Hot Toy figures to pre-order when they go up.

Notice how August is fuck my wallet month, but that I'm trying to keep July and September as free as possible to help cover it...

Writing 'em all out like this it's no wonder my wife wants me to stick to pre-orders only this year...

Torraz

Hi, I'm also in Japan. I've had no end of trouble with Hobby Search. They use Geolacation to determine your country of origin via IP. For anywhere outside of Japan they will show you the international site, but from inside Japan you get the .jp site, obviously...

Problem is, I've tried everything and there's almost no way to force it to show the english site. Geolocation IP Coding is a bitch to defeat. Google Translate will act as a cheap Proxy Server, but the website's checkout and account functions wouldn't work through it.

I finally had to break down and use a VPN for Hobby Search, Steam, and a number of other websites and games.. Those will cost a monthly fee. I advise staying away from free VPNs, they tend to be riddled with trojans.

Thanks. Used tunnelbear. Haven't heard anything about trojans being on there.

Got me a 500 error at the end. However my account has been created, and the order shows with a number.

Only did not get sent to the PayPal site. Is this a problem or do you pay before shipping? (not when ordering)

Thanks for the amazing help!

:edit: got my answer in the auto-confirm email that took a few minutes to teach me. Looks like it went well.

Thanks. Used tunnelbear. Haven't heard anything about trojans being on there.

Got me a 500 error at the end. However my account has been created, and the order shows with a number.

Only did not get sent to the PayPal site. Is this a problem or do you pay before shipping? (not when ordering)

Thanks for the amazing help!

:edit: got my answer in the auto-confirm email that took a few minutes to teach me. Looks like it went well.

I've never placed an order at Hobby Search before actually. I ended up backing down at the checkout page. However, a good number of figure selling sites tend to request payment at shipping, and not at checkout. If your account is showing that an order has been placed and gives you an order number for it, I'd consider it safe to assume it went through, and just wait for the invoice.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So Melda Dietz is unboxed, and thats all the older Yamato Space gals I'm getting, the two exclusives cost too much for their quality, so I still have the two Yuki's and the Yurisha Iscandar on pre-order and will nab the Akira Yamamoto VR2 when she goes up for pre-order. Skipping the Captain unless they make more men... No Kodai, no buy...

StayDead

Sorry for the poor quality photos.

15514666314_43a874d654_z.jpg

15949551598_4820e9c4f5_z.jpg

15514666014_2f121b97a2_z.jpg

15949551828_3bb993032e_z.jpg

15949552218_2c6dbe3635_z.jpg

and bonus:

16111212276_32e5ab67df_z.jpg

also, please help me. I hope I have more room in whatever house I moved to when my dad moves because they're taking over my room.There's a full stack behind the front one on the left and I've got a few bigger nendo boxes and scale boxes both above them on a shelf and in another room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom