• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Where can one purchase such an item, I must know.

It doesn't seem to be listed on MFC, but there is a similar one with only 3 tentacles from the same maker....but it's 38k yen (NSFW http://myfigurecollection.net/item/256353). Since the article is like more than 3 years old and the product is for the very niche vmf50 dolls, it's probably nigh impossible to find one.

That said, someone should definitely make one for regular 1/8 scale figures. The closest thing is probably this Toy's Works tentacle monster - (NSFW) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10062934

It doesn't seem to be listed on MFC, but there is a similar one with only 3 tentacles from the same maker....but it's 38k yen (NSFW http://myfigurecollection.net/item/256353). Since the article is like more than 3 years old and the product is for the very niche vmf50 dolls, it's probably nigh impossible to find one.

That said, someone should definitely make one for regular 1/8 scale figures. The closest thing is probably this Toy's Works tentacle monster - (NSFW) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10062934

That second one looks good for me, but probably nowhere near as posable.

Finally sent in my payment for my December AmiAmi order. I've been out of it for the past few days. Pretty sick since Friday night. Slept 18 hours into Saturday. :O

george_us

So I got both Danganronpas and Senran Kagura now. This does not bode well for my wallet in 2015.
Danganronpa 1 is good stuff. I haven't gotten a chance to put in a ton of time into 2 yet since other games have been stealing the rest of my free time. And yeah, 2015 is going to be murder. There aren't a ton of figures I want but hoooooooo boy is it nuts in terms of video games.

So I made an MFC account if anyone wants to add me. Mostly going through and adding stuff to my wishlist :x Gunpla being on there is awesome.

It's pretty much everything manufactured in Japan. They're kind of xenophobic about American stuff, so you won't find any comic-related stuff unless it's made by a Japanese manufacturer like Kotobukiya, of which there's still plenty.

Giolon

It's pretty much everything manufactured in Japan. They're kind of xenophobic about American stuff, so you won't find any comic-related stuff unless it's made by a Japanese manufacturer like Kotobukiya, of which there's still plenty.

It's limited to items made by either a Japanese company or related to Japanese media properties. They don't want to become the world database of collectibles (though personally I say why not?).

chrono01

Okay, it's fixed. And yeah, I'm in. All four. This is going to be amazing, and it'll still be cheaper than the Seven Sins girls Chrono has bought.
Yeah, I say go for it. They look great, and at least you know that there will only be four [unless they go beyond the four turtles]. Unlike the "Seven" Deadly Sins... >_<

The yen might even dip lower until it's time to pay for it.
True, but it could go in the reverse as well.

The horror!

Bombless

Yeah, I say go for it. They look great, and at least you know that there will only be four [unless they go beyond the four turtles]. Unlike the "Seven" Deadly Sins... >_<

True, but it could go in the reverse as well.

The horror!

Yes, especially if they keep making up new Deadly Sins
because I'll buy them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall
!

Yeah, I mean, if I cut down on PVC figures, which I wanted to do anyway, 16k on four occasions will be nothing. I don't even have anything ordered as far out as June.

omlet

I'm running out of room. 2015 might be the year I start purging and getting rid of crappier figures.

I'm running out of room, too. Was just chatting about this last night in IRC... I just put new shelving in and with what I've got currently pre/ordered through the first half of 2015, basically all my shelf space is already spoken for. I have a couple figures I could stand to get rid of but not many. Definitely going to have to slow down a bit next year at least until there are enough things I want to justify getting more shelving (which I do have room for).

So I got both Danganronpas and Senran Kagura now. This does not bode well for my wallet in 2015.

I'm on chapter four of Danganronpa 1 right now and it's pretty engaging.

Speaking of wallets and 2015 and Danganronpa, what better time than the last weekend of the year to talk about what kind of despair and torture programs everyone's wallets are signed up for in 2015!

January - est. $200
Nendoroid Naruko Aoba
Nendoroid Amatsukaze
Beelzebub 1/8 (already paid for)

Deathruary - est. $500
Nendoroid Batman
Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Devil Homura 1/8
Hyakka Ryoran - Inshun Hozoin 1/8
Yosuga no Sora - Sora Kasugano Black Chinese Dress Ver. 1/7
htoL#NiQ Limited Edition

March - est. $85
Tales of Zestiria - Alisha 1/8

April - est. $200
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Figure - Kimono Mami 1/8
Nendoroid Sakura Miku: Bloomed in Japan

I kinda hope something in Feb gets delayed into March... T_T

How about the rest of you guys and girls?

omlet

You have 2 alter figures for Feb that have not been delayed, you'll be fine

No surprise if Inshun gets delayed, but Sora is just a recolor of a figure they've already finished and released so I won't be surprised if it actually doesn't get delayed. Anything's possible, though.

Einbroch

Banned
January - $250

Nendoroid - Love Live!: Kotori Minami
Nendoroid - Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie [New] The Rebellion Story: Devil Homura
Nendoroid - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Amatsukaze
Nendoroid - Magica Wars: Naruko Aoba
Nendoroid - Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki: Tina
Nendoroid Petite - Love Live! Sore wa Boku-tachi no Kiseki Ver. 10Pack BOX

February - $30

Nendoroid - Date A Live II: Kurumi Tokisaki

March - $90

Nendoroid - Love Live!: Eli Ayase
Nendoroid - Freedom Wars: Beatrice "Lily" Anastasi
Nendoroid - selector infected WIXOSS: Tama
Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE - Pinched Keychain: Chaika Trabant
Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE - Pinched Keychain: Chaika Bogdan

April - $90

Racing Miku 2014 Ver. 1/8 Complete Figure
Nendoroid - Love Live!: Rin Hoshizora

May - $80

Nendoroid - Super Mario: Mario
Nendoroid - Frozen: Elsa
Nendoroid - Miku Hatsune Senbonzakura ver.

June - $60

Nendoroid - Girl Friend BETA: Kokomi Shiina
Nendoroid - Girl Friend BETA: Chloe Lemaire

Can you tell when I started my budget? ayy lmao

my death month is whenever the stars align and

dx mikasa, yamato heavy, musashi heavy, and homura land all in the same month + any other small shit

kewlmyc

Guys, I'm so close. Do I commit to all four?

16,000 JPY is like $130 right now, yeah?

I was originally going to go for it as well, but changed my mind.

If you order from GSC they're going to give you hell if you cancel, so I would order from these guys.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GSC10614&mode=retail

EDIT:

Grand January Total: $333
amiibo - Lucario (Super Smash Bros. Series)
amiibo - Toon Link (Super Smash Bros. Series)
Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen - Chiaki Nanami 1/8 Complete Figure
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden 1/6 Scale PVC Statue
GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-: Sol Badguy Regular Edition 1/8 Complete Figure
Gurren Lagann (Pre-painted) pre-paid
Gatchaman Crowds - Utsutsu - Limited Edition - Clear Poster : With pre-paid
Saki Zenkoku-hen - Kunihiro Hajime - Limited Edition pre-paid

Grand February Total: $200
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Figure: Devil Homura (1/8 PVC) (Import)

Grand March Total: $146
Namaniku ATK Artwork Collections - Hitsugi no Chaika (BOOK)
Tales of Zestiria - Alisha 1/8 Complete Figure
STREET FIGHTER BISHOUJO - Juri 1/7 Complete Figure

Grand April Total: $94
Tales of Zestiria - Sorey 1/8 Complete Figure
Nendoroid - Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]: Archer Super Movable Edition
A.L.L.C Adachi Touru from P4U2 pre-paid

Grand June Total: $69
Kill la Kill - Satsuki Kiryuin Senketsu Ver. 1/8 Complete Figure

Jobbs

Banned
figma #3...

rP7U31x.jpg

If I had the money I'd totally spring for like half of the deadly sins.

Or room, given I've taken up trying to build as many of my old Legos as I can... I need a house now...

i like leviathan the best out of all the sins

for me based off the main sin line
1) levi
2) satan
3) asmo
4) beezlebub
5) belgephor
6) lucifer
7) mammon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom