• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
B6Eg5qaCcAAHgu9.jpg

Oh dear, I hope this doesn't start me collecting Pokemon plushies...

It probably will

Acid08

Banned
Was supposed to get Kirigiri, Nami, and my Gunbuster fig today. UPS tracking says out for delivery but it's almost 8 and I'm not expecting it. Bad luck again for packages I guess. Been waiting on that Megahouse Yukiko for two weeks now.

Was supposed to get Kirigiri, Nami, and my Gunbuster fig today. UPS tracking says out for delivery but it's almost 8 and I'm not expecting it. Bad luck again for packages I guess. Been waiting on that Megahouse Yukiko for two weeks now.

I've seen UPS out pretty late this time of the year.

For Christmas I got the full set of MattyCollector 12" Ghostbusters:

The details on these guys is nuts. I prefer cloth clothing on my figures now. The proton packs light up and they come with different hands and accessories. Winston comes with the newspaper want ad that got him to apply for the job, lol.

I moved my The Real Ghostbusters figures to the other Detolf, didn't want 3 shelves of Ghostbusters in 1. Forgive the wall color, I fully intend on repainting this room.

Luigi87

The details on these guys is nuts. I prefer cloth clothing on my figures now. The proton packs light up and they come with different hands and accessories. Winston comes with the newspaper want ad that got him to apply for the job, lol.

I moved my The Real Ghostbusters figures to the other Detolf, didn't want 3 shelves of Ghostbusters in 1. Forgive the wall color, I fully intend on repainting this room.

Those are friggin awesome.

Acid08

Banned
Post a pic of two of the gunbuster once you set it up, I'm pretty tempted to grab one for myself.

For sure, I'm playing around with it right now. Comes with a bunch of hands and accessories. Has actual metal parts on it too, it feels really hefty. Loving it.

That dark feeling of seeing a figure release day... watching the number left slowly count down over the entire day... getting paid the day after...

think I might cry

taoofjord

For sure, I'm playing around with it right now. Comes with a bunch of hands and accessories. Has actual metal parts on it too, it feels really hefty. Loving it.

Is this your first SRC? I just got my first tonight (Gurren Lagann) and was also immediately impressed with the weight and the feel of the die cast parts.

Acid08

Banned
She's only about 10k. Which isn't bad considering how elaborate she is and the current exchange rate. The bigger concern is Phat actually releasing her soon. She already got delayed once.

Oh yeah? Huh well if pre-orders were still open I'd probably grab her but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Anyone know how FREEing is with delays? That Sepang Miku is supposed to come out next month but I'm not sure I'll be able to get her. I have an order of a bunch of Gunpla on HLJ and would rather have those. If it's delayed a bit though I feel like I could afford her though.

Edit: Actually that SolarisJapan site has her for about $120 shipped. They seem overpriced though.

Wanderer5

It more so lego, but woo the target near me was one of the ones that broke the street date early for the new Bionicles and have them on the shelves now. Got Lewa the Master of Jungle. Pretty nice, even through the way the mask and the chestpieces are attached are a bit weird (a design from Hero Factory it seems).

IMG_0470_zpse9e0e7fa.jpg

IMG_0467_zps3bbbffd9.jpg

IMG_0465_zps7c5d55b9.jpg

IMG_0460_zpsc9234ce1.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh dear, I hope this doesn't start me collecting Pokemon plushies...

It probably will

Welcome new Pokemon collector! As one of the local GAF experts, I would be glad to answer any questions you may have :)

(Looks like Christmas delayed my Angry Charchu plush... Any day now...)

I watched Watamote, it was one of the most uncomfortable anime viewings I've ever experienced.

I loved Watamote so much. I have social anxiety disorder. Through my childhood I was sent to several psychiatrists and therapists to eventually be diagnosed with it, but none of them I spoke with, nor any friends or family, understood or related to what it's like to actually have social anxiety disorder. Watamote, however, was mind blowing for me. Almost every example of the way Tomoko acted or thought I felt empathy with. It felt like someone was pulling her mood/reactions right out of my head. I've been through almost everything that happened to her as well, and the writers nailed the horrible cringe worthy awkwardness of every moment. It was amazing. Also thanks for letting me know Tomoko was sitting beside Yoshino in the $100+ nendo club :(

Also, apparently on MFC if you go to view your collection, and click the "Manage" link it will show you how much you've spent on your entire collection. I shouldn't have seen that.... When I input prices on my figs I've been using the lazy 1:10 dollar to yen ratio, and I've been including shipping, but damn I really need to slow down.

Anyone else brave enough to look?

Jubilee just arrived !

10891499_10200197611818891_7477025556910214567_n.jpg

Edit:

Also, apparently on MFC if you go to view your collection, and click the "Manage" link it will show you how much you've spent on your entire collection. I shouldn't have seen that.... When I input prices on my figs I've been using the lazy 1:10 dollar to yen ratio, and I've been including shipping, but damn I really need to slow down.

699 items (¥3,127,312)

q5NLsZn.gif

Caladrius

It more so lego, but woo the target near me was one of the ones that broke the street date early for the new Bionicles and have them on the shelves now. Got Lewa the Master of Jungle. Pretty nice, even through the way the mask and the chestpieces are attached are a bit weird (a design from Hero Factory it seems).

Lovely. Kinda mixed on the new Mask, but I overall like it.

We actually do have a dedicated Lego topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911981

You're still free to post them here of course, considering they're action figures.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Looks good, if clothed figures are something your getting into wait until you see the tailoring on a Hot Toy figure, even if you don't buy one...

It's not gonna be accurate though, MFC doesn't know I got my Space gals for mostly 50% or that I paid a bit more for my devil's cheerleader then retail, but according to it I've spent 431,315 jpy, which is only £2322/$3600 considering I only got back into collecting around August 2011, it's not bad as all...

That's like 12 1/2 Hot Toy figures I could have bought instead though, or a billion nendos for the rest of you...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Parcel I went to pick up yesterday was actually some chocolates I ordered for my mother's Christmas present so my Sakura nendo (which I still don't know why I got since I've still yet to see the show) was still missing, but lucky me it arrived today! My first unregistered SAL and during the busy Christmas period.

omlet

Because the anime was terrible. I can't believe the manga is being released in English.

I think the anime was actually very good at what it was trying to do. The thing about Watamote is that it's really for two specific kinds of people--those who can (and actually want) to relate to it (specifically, Tomoko's social anxiety) somehow on a personal level, or those who are twisted enough to actually derive uncomfortable entertainment from a somewhat exaggerated but eerily accurate depiction of someone with serious social issues.

Of course, being "good at what it was trying to do" and being "enjoyable for someone outside the target audience" don't always overlap, and Watamote is such a case. Personally, I didn't have major anxiety growing up like CrazyMoonTalk mentioned having, so in my case I fall more into the "I can't directly relate to Watamote but I get it enough to appreciate what it's doing, and also get some twisted amusement out of it."

Phat! Kirigiri
At least you got one with no paint problems D:

I found that little feature earlier this year. I'm past the 3k mark at this point. Protip: that's not yen.

It's not gonna be accurate though, MFC doesn't know I got my Space gals for mostly 50% or that I paid a bit more for my devil's cheerleader then retail, but according to it I've spent 431,315 jpy, which is only £2322/$3600 considering I only got back into collecting around August 2011, it's not bad as all...

Actually, the price number on the left is as accurate as your own data entry is. That total is not based on the MSRP values listed in the database, it's only a total of the prices you enter that you paid for your figures. You can test this by changing the price you paid for a figure and seeing that total update.

The yen total on the right is just a sum of the MSRP prices that is automatically updated based on MSRP of things you add to your collection so if that's all you're going by then you're right that it won't be what you actually paid for everything in your collection.

Looks good, if clothed figures are something your getting into wait until you see the tailoring on a Hot Toy figure, even if you don't buy one...

I think it's inevitable. They have a Punisher in the works but I never liked the white gloves and boots look. All black plus trenchcoat is my Punisher. I pull up pics of their Crow/Eric Draven every once in a while to drool over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom