• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I use Brickset for my lego sets and then I use Rebrickable for all my loose bricks that I get off bricklink or PAB wall at the store or through other methods like garage sales. I can import my Brickset list to rebrickable and that way I have a complete parts list on rebrickable of all the lego bricks I have, the colors and numbers and I can use rebrickable then to see if I can build other official LEGO sets I do not own with the bricks I do have plus people post their custom sets on there using digital designer so I can see if I can build those.

Using that site I can see which bricks I am missing, where the bricks I need to use are from which sets, block those sets from being part of the pull, see what the best bricklink stores to order the parts from are, and a bunch of other info. Brickset + Rebrickable is the ultimate combo.
Does it have a way to "subtract" Lego from sets? I've lost some pieces from my sets, and there's no way in hell I'm manually adding those pieces.

Whatchu gettin'?

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! REN - Rikka Takanashi 1/7 Complete Figure
TV Anime No Game No Life COMPLETE FANBOOK (BOOK)
Nendoroid - RAIL WARS!: Haruka Koumi
Nendoroid - RAIL WARS!: Aoi Sakurai
Nendoroid More - Girls und Panzer: Panzer IV Ausf.D
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - Pitatto Mobile Cleaner: Chiyo Sakura
NyanTYPE 2015 Feb. Issue w/Bonus: Kan Colle Shimakaze Figure (MAGAZINE)
High School D x D NEW Visual Collection Part.1 (BOOK)
Monthly Newtype 2015 Jan. Issue (MAGAZINE)
Nichijou Extra Figure "Nano & Yukko" Shinonome Nano (Game-prize)
Poyoyon Rock Characters (BOOK)
Girls und Panzer Rubber Magnet 10Pack BOX
Ichiban Kuji KyunChara World Movie "K-On!" F Prize - Note & Sticker Bus Ver. (Game-prize)

I now prepare for judgment....
One of my last big orders, January is it then hopefully things will be much cheaper. But I expect a few delays next month so it should even out.

IT'S A NEW YEARS EVE EVE MIRACLE

i0bmOWMkRrxcP.gif

That's how you see out the year in style!

Ichiban Kuji KyunChara World Movie "K-On!" F Prize - Note & Sticker Bus Ver. (Game-prize)

One of my last big orders, January is it then hopefully things will be much cheaper. But I expect a few delays next month so it should even out.
stiker-line-james.jpg

2815.png

Girlfriend%2B(Kari)%2B2.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you ever go to the airport and they have free resealable bags for storing liquids (they are usually by security scanners) they make handy pouches for storing your Nendoroid bits and pieces.

kewlmyc

Oh my....

Bombless

SNK stocking up on boin for the new year I see. I approve!

Einbroch, I'm going to show that picture to mom and I bet she will be jealous af.

Ryuuroden

Does it have a way to "subtract" Lego from sets? I've lost some pieces from my sets, and there's no way in hell I'm manually adding those pieces.

There may be a way, I haven't tried. I know I am missing pieces from sets I got in the 80's but I didn't bother trying to figure out which ones. I figure its not going to matter in the long run for sets I will never build again and I have so many LEGO now that I can most likely make up for parts I am missing. I have some 300,000 bricks and parts now according to my database so it is to the point where I don't worry too much about being super exact. I am exact with everything I have gotten since I restarted getting LEGO as an adult but as for the stuff from when I was a kid I just added the sets to the database and left it at that.

Anyone else brave enough to look?

230 items (¥966,484)

I think that's all list price, though. Not what you actually paid.

Is she holding a box of herself? Nendoception.

It's from an episode of the anime, where her rival pop idol gets a Nendoroid, so she wants to become one too. It's a really cute show, and since the episodes are only a few minutes long, you can plow through the whole series in under an hour.

Speaking of Darth Vader; we need a date for this:

oh man, so much want. I owe it to my younger Star Wars-obsessed self to buy the Star Wars Nendos.

CorvoSol

Santa brought me Gunpla from Figure GAF for Christmas!

As it happens, posing both kits arms is a serious pain in the ass, so I didn't do much in the way of action poses:

I did get one or two good romantic shots of our darling, Master Grade couple, though:

K6xApdS.jpg

"H-Haman-sama!" "Judau-kun~" *robots blush*
FGurP13.jpg

And for the sake of my embarrassment, I guess, here are the only sort of terribly blurry reject shots:

Ultimately I've learned that Dry Rub >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Water Slide decals. The ones on the ZZ Slim were falling off despite having been added on days ago. Hours of work just sliding off. I think I must still have missed something with Water Slide, like maybe you have to apply some kind of sealant to the kit afterward, like the clear varnish or whatever you put over a deck. Not saying to use that chemical, but like, just that same concept. Cuz otherwise I have no idea how water slide decals do not drive even the most dedicated modelers insane. They're brittle, they absolutely don't stick, and the process to get them in place can be insanely frustrating at times.

Dry Rub, on the other hand, was just a matter of taping the piece to the kit and rubbing it. Even when I erred, all I had to do was lay it back down and rub some more to get it in place. It caused me some concern because I never know how much force a Gunpla can withstand, but it seems to have worked out just fine.

All in all the ZZ Slim and MG Qubeley are super cool to look at together. They take up enormous amounts of space, but I'm just really impressed by the details on them. The MG Qubeley has articulate fingers, a mini-Haman Khan in the cockpit, a full set of Funnels, and wrist mounted beam-sabers. The ZZ Slim has the sexiest redesign of the ZZ possible, a reduced backpack (the backpack's size has ever been my chief complaint with the suit), articulated hands (not as much so as the Qubeley, but the ZZ's hands can actually grip things better because of it), plus Hyper Beam Sabers and a Twin Buster Rifle that can be split like the one the Wing Zero wields, so that each barrel is held in a different hand.

I have my gripes, but the overwhelming satisfaction I have with these kits should more than drown them out.

I'll say one thing about anime. It's a fucking poison. Because once you like it, you're in for figures, soundtracks, manga... The ultimate fucking wallet-draining experience. And those fuckers know it.

Ultimadrago

yuukogif40kluus.gif

Giolon

I figured out the leaning problem at least. You kind of need to twist her around a bit after you sit her on the pegs. I'm so used to pressing down that it threw me off a little but it seems good for now. That paint chipping though...ugh.

You'd never be able to see it but it bothers me knowing it's even there. A damn shame too because, when fully assembled, she surpasses Tharja as my favorite figure this year. Orchid Seed did an incredible job with her despite the QC issues.

Oh, man that paint is awful. It made me go run over and check my copy. Fortunately, she doesn't have that issue. Did yours have the same issue mine did with the wings not attaching onto her backside fully b/c they don't fit next to her hair?

Santa brought me Gunpla from Figure GAF for Christmas!

As it happens, posing both kits arms is a serious pain in the ass, so I didn't do much in the way of action poses:

I did get one or two good romantic shots of our darling, Master Grade couple, though:

*snip*

That is some awesome shit right there man! I've always wanted to get some MG and PG Gundams but never could bring myself to pay that much for them. A friend of mine has the PG Strike Freedom and Wingo Zero Custom and they're awesome.

chrono01

Insane.

Shipping must have been hell with all of those books, they tend to be rather heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom